Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about Batman

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited October 2017 in Batman - The Telltale Series

So welcome to the darkest details thread (by default). You know what to do by now.

Comments

• I don't believe this thread has been made for the Batman section yet so I will go ahead and make it. dojo32161 had an idea to make a thread about little, or maybe even big details in games we might have missed. So if you know any details we might have missed feel free to let us know!

• edited August 2016

I'm assuming this is a little obvious but I still want to point it out just in case. In episode 1 when you enter the batcave if you listen closely to the news station playing on the TV, you can hear a woman mention a factory burning. Here is the exact dialogue:

"We are now on day three of the factory fire that will not end. Crews have given up trying to combat the blaze at the Otizburg processing center owned by Ace Chemical. Still no word on what started the fire, but whatever's burning in there has resisted everything the fire department has thrown at it. They're recommending people avoid the area and seek immediate treatment if you happen to breathe in any of that tar-black smoke."

After hearing her say this I remembered what the cover art for episode 5 looked like:
    enter image description here

So this fire will have a major impact through to the end of the game, maybe?

• Maybe they keep slowing down fire's advance and it eventually reaches critical.

I'm assuming this is a little obvious but I still want to point it out just in case. In episode 1 when you enter the batcave if you listen c

• Hmm, keen eye for detail. I wonder if that actually does come into play for Episode 5.

I'm assuming this is a little obvious but I still want to point it out just in case. In episode 1 when you enter the batcave if you listen c

• Pretty minor but if you listen to the news in the Batcave you hear the slogan that you recommend to Harvey.

• Don't know if it was a bug, but for me it was not the one that I suggested. I suggested the "New face for Gotham", and the slogan in Harvey's campaing ad that played in the Batcave was the "Dent to crime".

AgentZ46 posted: »

Pretty minor but if you listen to the news in the Batcave you hear the slogan that you recommend to Harvey.

• Eh, I was far too busy exploring the Bat-cave to listen even half of what Ryder was saying on the news. Maybe when I replay the episode, I'll actually listen to him.

Pretty minor but if you listen to the news in the Batcave you hear the slogan that you recommend to Harvey.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited August 2016

So here are some cool details:

This one is perhaps the most obvious, but Oz, or Oswald Cobblepot is the Penguin. He's totally going to go full on, judging by Episode's 3 description with him on the little cover art.

In the Gotham Feed, it mentions Police Commissioner Peter Grogan. In Batman stories he appears, he is the Commissioner before Gordon.

Joe Chill, the guy who kills Thomas and Martha Wayne, is said to be deceased in the Codex.

Ace Chemical, who owns the processing center in Otisburg that's on fire and can't be set out, is the company that owns the factory that has the vats of acid the Joker falls into in many of his origins, as well as having a part in Harley Quinn's.

Detective Renee Montoya appears, although I think Montoya is only said once. She's voiced by Krizia Bajos, who voiced Gabby in the Walking Dead: Michonne.

August 2nd is also Falcone's birthday, at least in some versions. Yay?

EDIT:

Jeez, apparently you can actually LET Catwoman get away with the loot. Only .1% did though. I think I may have to see what that entails.

• Seems like Joker won't be in this (Which is good) but I'm 80 percent sure I saw a little nod towards him.

In a alley scene going back to Bat's car, I think I saw a HA HA HA on the wall in the alleyway.

• Well considering that would be a HUGE story change, best guess is something as stupid as she drops it happens, or when shes falling and you grab her, Batman then takes it.

So here are some cool details: This one is perhaps the most obvious, but Oz, or Oswald Cobblepot is the Penguin. He's totally going to go

• On the episodes list, if you hit more from DC/Telltale its basically just a big ad for The Wolf Among Us.

Clearly, this means that Telltale is using Batman to help people remember Wolf Among Us and get new players, and then when Batman ends in December, and Telltale announces a new game in December like they usually do, it will be Wolf Among Us Season 2.

You heard it here first folks.

• SuperJJ knows all

Poogers555 posted: »

On the episodes list, if you hit more from DC/Telltale its basically just a big ad for The Wolf Among Us. Clearly, this means that Tellta

• Didn't know where else to put this.. but it might just be me. Catwoman looks like Leslie Thompkins from the Gotham TV show.

enter image description here

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2016
  • I love Batman's reaction to letting Catwoman fall. It's priceless.

dojo32161 posted: »

Damien Fate

• There are 7 episodes of Batman: Unmnasked? Maybe 2 bonus Batman episodes will be added!

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

"I have made a huge mistake"

I love Batman's reaction to letting Catwoman fall. It's priceless.

• One of the Episodes of Batman Unmasked was the one shared prior to Episode 1 of the game releasing. They might do a similar thing after the series ends.

In other words, an episode of Unmasked for each of the five episodes in the game, as well as an episode of Unmasked for before/after the series ends in general.

Ye_Biz posted: »

There are 7 episodes of Batman: Unmnasked? Maybe 2 bonus Batman episodes will be added!

• Ah ok that makes more sense lol

One of the Episodes of Batman Unmasked was the one shared prior to Episode 1 of the game releasing. They might do a similar thing after the

• Maybe Garfield Lynns has a connection with the fire.

• Welk there was also that laugh at the end of trailer.

RhysAndLee posted: »

Seems like Joker won't be in this (Which is good) but I'm 80 percent sure I saw a little nod towards him. In a alley scene going back to Bat's car, I think I saw a HA HA HA on the wall in the alleyway.

• MMM Morena.

javoris767 posted: »

Didn't know where else to put this.. but it might just be me. Catwoman looks like Leslie Thompkins from the Gotham TV show.

• "Shit im not getting laid now"

I love Batman's reaction to letting Catwoman fall. It's priceless.

• edited August 2016

It's implied that the first scene in the game was Batman's first time using the smoke pellets. If you later examine them in the Batcave, Bruce will say "The test run was a success".

• In the next time segment, Bruce says "swear to me" to Alfred. Obvious nod to Bale's Batman.

• Are the Zellerbachs part of the Court of Owls?

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

An easy to miss detail, but at the beginning of the episode, when the one guy charges at Batman with the buzzsaw, he actually pushes the other unconscious goon (the one he smashed into the desk) out of the way so he doesn't get hit by the buzzsaw.

• Batmans a real MVP

Deltino posted: »

An easy to miss detail, but at the beginning of the episode, when the one guy charges at Batman with the buzzsaw, he actually pushes the other unconscious goon (the one he smashed into the desk) out of the way so he doesn't get hit by the buzzsaw.

• I think so and they are going with the court of owls story ark with Bruce parents...

Irian posted: »

Are the Zellerbachs part of the Court of Owls?

• During the talk with Harvey at the cafe (before Selina arrives) you can see a familiar "Missing Pixel the cat poster" and a band promotion poster from TWAU on the wall next to the table. It's only there for 3 camera angles when the screen has the whole table in view and the posters are in the background.

• If you do nothing during QTE, the results are mostly the same but suddenly have the death sequence...

• edited August 2016

Batman is the most powerful Telltale protagonist to date. He doesn't need our input to kickass. He only allow himself to die because he doesn't want the player to feel left out and because being too OP will break the game.

In fact I think the reason why so many players couldn't play the game it is because his power level is so far off the chart that only the strongest PC can keep up with him. :p

Vold posted: »

If you do nothing during QTE, the results are mostly the same but suddenly have the death sequence...

• The Codex is updated alot. If you check the codex on Catwoman in the Batcave, she will be listed as Cat Burglar and have only about 1 sentence about her, but by the end of the episode you have a whole page.

• It's more about completing the QTE so you can activate the finishing move and if you don't, then you die. Although there are a few exceptions. Some fail animations are in the combat sections, but it just leads to Batman getting slightly hurt and then jumps back to the fight. These usually stem from the combo QTE that pop up rarely.

Vold posted: »

If you do nothing during QTE, the results are mostly the same but suddenly have the death sequence...

• Is there a dialogue option that makes Alfred say "there is room in that suit for Bruce and Batman"? I remember hearing him say that in the trailer, but I wasn't able to hear it in my playthrough.

• This is opinionated but does Bruce Wayne look like Archer to you?

• edited August 2016

That's the thing I'm still confuse, the "Finishing Move"

is when it shows a bat symbol right?

I get that all the time on the same time people do who did click everything.
    As for me, I click only the time I need to to survive and still got the finishing move

For example:

Pro players:
    left, left, up, down, finishing move

Silent Treatment: (Ignores unnecessary moves)
    Ignore, ignore, ignore, down, finishing move

In this video the "heist"
    u can see the bat symbol every spot where people supposedly do the "finishing moves"
    when I ignore most of the normal moves

DoubleJump posted: »

It's more about completing the QTE so you can activate the finishing move and if you don't, then you die. Although there are a few exception

• Good looking out Agent ;).

It's implied that the first scene in the game was Batman's first time using the smoke pellets. If you later examine them in the Batcave, Bruce will say "The test run was a success".

• Yeah I noticed that too. They have made it very clear this Batman doesn't kill (yet at least, though they choice could come up the future)

Deltino posted: »

Sign in to comment in this discussion.