Interactive Fanfiction: The Road Ahead.

191011121315»

Comments

• enter image description here

enter image description here

HOLY SHIT, IT'S BACK! @LiquidChicagoTed @InKennyWeTrust @HelloWorld123 @janitor @WalkerMage102

Sorry, got a bit carried away.

Ehm...

[Kill the chicken] Sorry, but they need food.

TWD_25 posted: »

SEASON TWO RACHEL 3 years in: Townsend, located dead smack in the middle of Montana, was a quiet little town that looked desolate

• Oh my god... Ohmygodohmygodohmygod it's actually happening! I kid you not, this is the happiest I've been in a while. You can't see it, but I'm having this super huge grin on my face right now. When I saw this, I couldn't believe my eyes, but oh man, oh man this is so awesome. I never lost hope, though I must admit that Season 2 starting right now was the last thing I expected. Real sneaky, but that only makes it even more awesome. I'm so glad you started this new season :3

And man, have I missed your writing! This is an awesome start to the new season and it already feels as if the story has never been gone. Just seeing the names of these characters I've grown so attached to so long ago is already making me happy. One thing I really noted is that your writing has gotten even better, it's truly an amazing thing. With that, I'm trembling with excitement over the return of this story, which always had a special place in my heart. No, seriously, I'm getting a bit emotional right here and I gotta thank you for it. Gosh, this still feels a bit like a dream, but it appears that I'm finally about to get my answers as to how the story is going to continue. Ah, I could praise your writing for hours, but for time's sake, let me keep this slightly more brief: Thank you for writing. Honestly, thank you. You can trust me with staying here and reading and commenting on every future part of this story.

Now, for this part itself, I wasn't exactly sure if you'd go for the timeskip. It makes sense, it feels natural, though it also means that neither Tony nor Selena ever caught up to Rachel again. I am still scared for both of them and hope we'll learn more on their whereabouts in future parts. For now, I also noticed that you've written Rachel's name at the top, as if there will be multiple viewpoints this time, is that correct? If so, I approve of this decision, that is a very nice thing. I must also say, Rachel herself is great in this part. I feel honestly sad for all she had to endure and while I am happy she had three relatively peaceful years now, it's clear that Season 1 left a mark on her. Same goes for Margareth, whom I feel even more sad for, considering that she had to endure even more, with the loss of her son. Speaking of, while I still cling onto my hope for Tony and Selena (and their return would probably legitimately cause me to cry), I am pretty convinced that Eddard is dead. He was just a boy when he disappeared and without the skills to survive on his own.

So, excuse me, I got something in my eye :bawling: I believe there's a choice to be made.

[Don’t kill the chicken]

Ah... you're already starting this with a hard choice. I can see arguments for both options here. They need the food, but well, Cynthia is adorable and I don't want to make her super upset at Rachel. I keep thinking, how much food can one chicken give them if she kills it now? It would be different with an ox or something else that gives a super huge amount of meat, but this chicken isn't really that large of an animal. It would keep them fed exactly for one meal, especially considering that they are five people. Cynthia would likely keep a grudge for far longer and I could see her and her opinion on Rachel to be a big part of this season, so I'd like for them to start it on good terms.

Oh, by the way, I have just now sent you a PM, so check your notifications for it. It's an important question I have, though you might consider it slightly spoilery to answer, so I think it could be better to discuss it in private. An answer would be highly appreciated :)

SEASON TWO RACHEL 3 years in: Townsend, located dead smack in the middle of Montana, was a quiet little town that looked desolate

• EEEEEEEEEEE screeches

YOU'RE BACK!!!!

[Kill the Chicken]

• [Kill the chicken] it's food, you gotta learn - this is what you need to do in order to survive. I'm so excited for more! I remember reading this way back when you recommended it to me in the Hunger Games fanfic you've made. Glad you're back!!

• OMG YOUR BACK YES THANK YOUUUU

Ahem...

[Kill The Chicken]

• People say miracles don't happen....

WELL THATS WHERE YOURE WRONG KIDDOS!!!!!!!

enter image description here

Damn it, now I have to read it all again because I don't remember a thing. Anyway, [kill the chicken].

• I can PM you a summary of season one if you prefer.

People say miracles don't happen.... WELL THATS WHERE YOURE WRONG KIDDOS!!!!!!! Damn it, now I have to read it all again because I don't remember a thing. Anyway, [kill the chicken].

• edited February 2017

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I love to see how happy all of you guys are. I wasn't quite sure this would ever work out. I've doubted my writing a lot over the past two years and became too self critical to ever finish. I guess the good news with that comes with that is I know exactly where the story is headed because I have had this story planned out ever since season one ended, so I won't have to slow down. Well, mostly anyways.

The majority have vote to [Kill the chicken] so I will include that in part two.

I forgot to name the Title of this first episode/book so I'll include that in part two. Thanks again for staying after all this time.

• edited February 2017

SO HYPED!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I love to see how happy all of you guys are. I wasn't quite sure this would ever work out. I've d

• That would be really nice :) I'll read the fanfic again anyway when I have the time. It certainly deserve it.

I can PM you a summary of season one if you prefer.

• Soo it's been a while. Any estimate on when can we expect the new part? :)

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I love to see how happy all of you guys are. I wasn't quite sure this would ever work out. I've d

• Created some characters

• Guess the story is dead...

• Damn, I hope not :( We have held out for two years and I really hope the story is not just fading away without notice. The end of Season 1 has still crushed me and I think some answers at last would be just fair. This story is still one of the best things I have read in the forums and it truly deserves some sort of a conclusion. At least answers to fully bring Season 1 to a non-cliffhanger-y end, I'd appreciate that.

That being said, I have sent TWD_25 a PM a while ago and not received an answer, so I am really concerned :'(

ClaireC posted: »

Guess the story is dead...

• Hello everyone! I have not been on this website in years but every now and then I remember the days where I was able to write a few thousand words in a couple of hours and I can't believe it haha. To think that when I first wrote this I was just starting high school and now I'm nearly done with college is surreal to me, and I think about you guys a lot and how you all helped me and supported me when I wrote- I really appreciate you guys for that :). I don't think any of you are really around to read this but I wanted to offer some closure because I can say with my full heart that after writing one season I was completely burned out and the ideas I had were never concrete (actually a lot of the first season/book/whatever you want to call it was never truly planned- I just went with the choices you guys made and I don't even know how much the story would've differed had you all picked different choices) but I wanted to share some of the key plot elements because I've kept you guys waiting for so long.

The story took part in Helena, Montana in the winter months, I was inspired after google imaging it a bunch and I thought it was the perfect scenery for the story to continue and develop. Montana was harsh, rugged, cold and unforgiving and I wanted that scenery to reflect to how all characters had been forced to develop under their new way of life. Cynthia Andrews was one character who still was acclimating to the new ways of life, and while she picks kind options in the beginning, Rachel's decisions effect what road Cynthia goes down. Rachel is also seen dealing with the trauma of her past and how it keeps up with her in the present day. A big theme enveloping the whole story was how trauma shapes us and how forgiveness of yourself is necessary to continue growing as a person.

There is also a community in place this season. It was actually strangely similar to the season three WD game and that gave me even more reason to not write it as I felt unoriginal when I saw the game. In this community we find Selena Carson, only something is slightly off about her now. Selena could always come off as aloof but now she's become cold and more ruthless. Her hair is now buzzed and she wears a cold blank expression in her face. It's been two years since she's seen Rachel and the group and when they reunite they are seemingly welcomed with open arms.

How does Rachel and her group find the community? They spot it one day out hunting, and see other members of the community also foraging and hunting for food and supplies, they run into one of the members and Rachel, LJ and Bianca have the option to rob their supplies or evade them entirely. They take note of where they're going back to. When they return back to the home they're sheltered at Margareth is doing badly, she's running a high fever and it seems that without medicine she'll die. If you rob their supplies you'll be able to give Margareth what you have but it doesn't seem to be enough. If you don't then Margareth gets nothing but some good ol' TLC. It's at this point they decide the group will break into the compound to get some more supplies for Margareth that'll save her life. You have the option to bring Cynthia along as well, which might be needed because she's light on her feet and no one is going to question a child they haven't seen before but they might question three adults they've never met more harshly. So you attempt to raid their community. You are caught. Depending on if you robbed the members of the community or not decides how they treat you for the rest of the season. Selena Carson steps in, Rachel doesn't seem to recognize her at first. Selena convinces the community that these people can be trusted and to bring them into the community, which is a rarity.

Next episode/book: Margareth is treated and recovered, she realizes after her near death fever that she's unhappy with her life and will dedicate the rest of her life to searching for her son, Edmond who disappeared years ago. She leaves the community. Rachel sits with Selena at lunch and decides to catch up on missed times. Selena doesn't go into detail but Rachel can tell by the slightest inflection that things were traumatic up until she joined this community. Rachel asks about Tony but Selena refuses to speak about him. There's an option to bond over trauma in this moment, where if you do Selena will open up a bit more but the details are still murky (I was planning after this season to write about what happened to Selena in between the time span). Rachel also learns that Selena is a member of the council that decides what rules to enact and several other important duties. Everyone in the community has a job, Rachel is assigned a hunter because of her skills with a bow and arrow, LJ and Bianca are low ranked soldiers and guard the perimeter. The council doesn't know what to do with Cynthia as she seems almost too young to do anything well. Rachel can insist that Cynthia can accompany her while she hunts or Selena can get her a job in medicine treating the sick and wounded. After this, Rachel notices there's practically no kids in the community at all, Cynthia being the youngest looking at thirteen but brushes it off as a consequence of the outbreak.

This middle part is where it starts to get blurry as I never knew what to fill it up with so I'll skip this part.

By the end of episode four, Rachel discovers the truth behind the community. They killed all the townsfolk in order to ensure the survival of the few within the community. Groups with young children were often turned away as it seemed like a hindrance on supplies, the only reason Cynthia was allowed was because Selena put a good word in for the group that ensured her safety. Selena reveals the truth behind her past, she was raped, beaten and kept in dark prison cells with other men and women who were essentially slaves for eight months. One day Tony came in, and something inside triggered her to kill him that conflicts her to this day over why she did it, was it a psychotic break? Or was it to avoid a similar fate as hers? Nevertheless, Selena managed to escape, but lost her sanity in the process. Rachel recognizes how her trauma has shaped her and has the option to try and save her or declare her part of the enemy side. If you try to save her, it will be an uphill battle, but by the end of the season she'll at least be alive and with you, with a redemption arc in season three. If not Selena becomes completely unhinged again and goes on a murder spree of random townies, slitting their throats one by one. When she's on your side, she will be an inside source in Episode five to help dismantle the community from the inside and kill the fellow council members (they are the most corrupt people in this season and the main bad guys, Selena has followed their orders but with some pause at times). By the end of the season the entire town has been destroyed and blown up, and the community is forced to dismantle, many won't survive as it's the dead of winter.

Cynthia's life is also in the hands of your choices, if you picked the stern options that helped her grow harsher she'll be able to defend herself and fight alongside as your equal. If she's been sheltered she dies by the hands of a council member.

That's essentially it. Thank you all for reading and peace out!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.