Batman: The Enemy Within - Ep 1 Waiting Thread; Releases starting Aug 8th, Mobile Oct 3rd

InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
edited September 2017 in Batman - The Telltale Series

Please remember to NOT post any gameplay videos or spoilers in this thread, doing so may result in your account getting a timeout.

Batman: The Enemy Within

Release Dates

• PC - August 8th
  • Playstation 4 North America - August 8th
  • Playstation 4 Europe - August 8th
  • Xbox One - August 8th
  • iOS - October 3rd
  • Android - October 3rd

News

August 3rd

July 20th

July 19th

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Be respectful of personal boundaries towards Telltale Staff members (past and present). Keep all game discussions focused on the content and not the creators. Avoid posting social media content from staff members that is not related to official and intentional game promotion. Please note that most staff members cannot directly comment on future episode release dates, upcoming episode spoilers, etc.

Comments

• I CAN'T WAIT!!!

• I'm so excited! I just hope it has the save creation system because I accidentally deleted mine.

• Damn this is good news

• Really looking forward to the unique spins they put on the characters. Also really happy that they're continuing the "The billionaire or the Bat" dynamic.

• I can't get over the stealth drop I knew it was gonna be sorta soon, but August 8th is only in a few weeks! Aaaaaaa.

• Did not expect it so soon...I am sooo happy!

I can't get over the stealth drop I knew it was gonna be sorta soon, but August 8th is only in a few weeks! Aaaaaaa.

• https://telltale.com/series/batman-season-2/
    There are some new screenshots at the front page of telltale. They look awesome!

• edited July 2017

Yiss, I'm really excited about the Riddler. I said it before the first season released that he'd be a perfect villain. Can't wait! Pretty surprised we'll be getting it so soon, but I'm not complaining. :D

Anywho, here are some screenshots that are on the main page.

enter image description here

There's also a thumbnail for the video that has riddler in it, but I can't find the full screen.

• Day one, even with the crappy engine.

Lucius is chill as fuck in the screenshot like "hey man I really don't give a shit about what you're saying where's my raise ?"

• Here are the rest of the shreenshots. So excited!

Pipas posted: »

Yiss, I'm really excited about the Riddler. I said it before the first season released that he'd be a perfect villain. Can't wait! Pretty su

• edited July 2017

That Third Photo!!! Isn't that Amanda Waller? YES!!! That Badass Women!! @Pipas

Yiss, I'm really excited about the Riddler. I said it before the first season released that he'd be a perfect villain. Can't wait! Pretty su

• edited July 2017

See that coffin in the background of the John Doe screenshot? Who dead? Might be Victoria's funeral.

EDIT: Just noticed that there's blood on the Riddler's cane.

• Being honest, I think the first one was very mediocre to me, and I'm a huge Batman fan!!!

But I like that they listened to my feedback(I hope so) and made the Riddler the villain. Maybe now we can finally see the Batman detective game I've always wanted.

I also hope we get a lot more secrets, references and easter eggs now that the Riddler is involved.

• Ah, thanks for the Riddler screen. He looks a bit like Green Arrow without the goatee, heh.

FetchWalker posted: »

Here are the rest of the shreenshots. So excited!

• [removed]

FetchWalker posted: »

Here are the rest of the shreenshots. So excited!

• Im so excited! Thank you Telltale!

• Hell yeah @BruceBrothers Batman is back!!! Though looks like they just continued production when season 1 ended.

Day one, even with the crappy engine. Lucius is chill as fuck in the screenshot like "hey man I really don't give a shit about what you're saying where's my raise ?"

• Fuck yeah. I'm so happy.

Hell yeah @BruceBrothers Batman is back!!! Though looks like they just continued production when season 1 ended.

• Holy hell, this came out of nowhere!

• It just dawned on me.....Telltale HAVE to bring back the same voice actor from the Arkham series, The Riddler was just PERFECT.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935042/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t79

• People said similar things about the joker and Mark Hamil. The best thing about season 1 was that it was Telltale's own unique Batman story. They did their own thing. I remember they asked Joker's VA to do his own Joker and I'm personally hoping they've done a similar thing with the Riddler.

It just dawned on me.....Telltale HAVE to bring back the same voice actor from the Arkham series, The Riddler was just PERFECT. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935042/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t79

• 8 months after Season 1 finale... That's a short enough dev time to worry me a bit. We'll see how it goes. Super disappointed with Season 1 but the game has potential.

• I think the little of what we have seen from Ingruber is right up there with Hamill but I have a very hard time imagining someone nailing what I envision the Riddler to be better than Wingert. He just captured the very essense of the character.

Unlikely but I'm hopeful.

AgentZ46 posted: »

People said similar things about the joker and Mark Hamil. The best thing about season 1 was that it was Telltale's own unique Batman story.

• I’m so happy! I think telltale finally learned thier lesson because they didn’t mention newcomers once! So it’s likely an actual continuation thank god.

• How much of a presence (if any) do you guys think Harvey and Oz will have? Those two both have been Bruce's best friend at one point and I really hope they're not forgotten.

• edited July 2017

Harvey is bound to make an appearance, considering how it ended if you saved the hostages at the manor. Not to mention his unfinished business with a certain cat burglar.

I'm hoping for a worthy female counterpart to Batman this time around.

How much of a presence (if any) do you guys think Harvey and Oz will have? Those two both have been Bruce's best friend at one point and I really hope they're not forgotten.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

"SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 19, 2017 -- Award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games, alongside DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, today announced Batman: The Enemy Within - The Telltale Series, a new five-part, episodic game series that continues Telltale's unique take on the Caped Crusader. Episode one, 'The Enigma,' will be available for download starting August 8th, 2017 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC and Mac, and will become available on iOS and Android-based devices later this year.

The series will also be available at retailers this October for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on a special 'Season Pass Disc,' which will include the first episode of the season, as well as download access to all subsequent episodes as they are released through an online connection.

In this latest chapter, both Bruce Wayne and Batman will be forced into precarious new roles. The Riddler has returned to terrorize Gotham City, but his gruesome puzzles merely foreshadow an even greater crisis. With the arrival of a ruthless federal agent and the return of a still nascent Joker, Batman must navigate uneasy alliances while Bruce Wayne undertakes a perilous series of deceptions. Which of Batman's new allies will you choose to trust? And how deep into the darkness will you let Bruce descend?

This new season will be accessible to both returning fans and newcomers alike, though players' choices from the first season of Batman: The Telltale Series will optionally carry over into The Enemy Within. This season will also include Telltale's unique multiplayer 'Crowd Play' feature, which allows friends and family to engage with the adventure together by helping to decide the direction of the story from any mobile device with an online connection.

Rendered to look like a living, breathing comic book, Telltale's vision of Batman features an award-winning cast of talent including Troy Baker, who returns to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne, as well as Anthony Ingruber, who will reprise his fresh take on 'John Doe,' better known to fans as The Joker."
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408218

• The federal agent reminds of me Amanda Waller for some reason.

dojo32161 posted: »

"SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 19, 2017 -- Award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games, alongside DC Entertainm

• Define "counterpart" Are we talking sidekick, love interest, both or something else entirely?

Harvey is bound to make an appearance, considering how it ended if you saved the hostages at the manor. Not to mention his unfinished business with a certain cat burglar. I'm hoping for a worthy female counterpart to Batman this time around.

• That very well could be her. I didn't even think of it.

The federal agent reminds of me Amanda Waller for some reason.

• That really makes it sound like these "uneasy allies" are the federal agent and John Doe. That sounds really interesting!

dojo32161 posted: »

"SAN RAFAEL, Calif., July 19, 2017 -- Award-winning developer and publisher of digital entertainment Telltale Games, alongside DC Entertainm

• I just remembered that I owe John Doe a favor and he may be coming to collect...

• An equal in all respects, not a clone, for someone who shares his vision.

He needs allies, that he can trust and IMO Catwoman is not one of them. She is a very interesting character in her own right just not ally/love interest material in my book.

Define "counterpart" Are we talking sidekick, love interest, both or something else entirely?

• Any character in mind that you'd like to take this role?

An equal in all respects, not a clone, for someone who shares his vision. He needs allies, that he can trust and IMO Catwoman is not one of them. She is a very interesting character in her own right just not ally/love interest material in my book.

• No I don't think it's her at all but it sort of reminded me of the justice league and the project Batman Beyond.

That very well could be her. I didn't even think of it.

• I think we'll maximally get a short cameo from Harvey (but most likely just a mention), because of all the determinant states surrounding him. (scarred/unscarred Harvey, in prison/in asylum, etc). Oz's appearance is more probable, because he always ends up with a broken leg and still hates Bruce and Batman. So yeah, I'm expecting Oz to have a role in the second season, at least a minor one.

How much of a presence (if any) do you guys think Harvey and Oz will have? Those two both have been Bruce's best friend at one point and I really hope they're not forgotten.

• Waller is from A.R.G.U.S right? Zoom in on the screenshot and check out her ID. You can't see a name but there's a logo.

No I don't think it's her at all but it sort of reminded me of the justice league and the project Batman Beyond.

• Batgirl, in Telltale's universe she could be about the same age as Bruce.

Any character in mind that you'd like to take this role?

• Indeed.....an "A".

Good catch.

Waller is from A.R.G.U.S right? Zoom in on the screenshot and check out her ID. You can't see a name but there's a logo.

• when available for pre order on ps store?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.