Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• In every walking dead game so far (main series) Clementine has always had the last line of dialogue, unless she chooses the silent option if you are going alone or are with Jane, but then again not many people choose to be silent for most things.

• edited December 2017

For the fun of it, here's the answers from the AMA that happened after Thicker than Water:

@Wiso2kinfinity posted: »
    Ep 4 was such a good episode I really appreciate you guys listening to fans feedback But I have to ask this....will ep 5 make ma cry like a baby EDIT: I really liked what you guys did with Conrad I was impressed

Thanks so much! We appreciate you guys for being here for us.
    I don't want to spoil anything, but I can honestly say that the endings of the previous two seasons made ME cry, and I hope dearly that the S3 ending lives up to that legacy.
    And thank you -- Conrad's one of my favorite things about the season, and I'm really glad to see he has his fans.

@leafs_nation posted: »
    Ooh, this looks fun. Alright, I think I've got one: How did you come up with the choice between Ava and Tripp? It seemed to be a twist on the Carley and Doug situation way back when, and made things look so bleak and intense when the person
    I wanted to save was killed, but why did you guys choose to go this route?

That finale scene was one of the hardest parts of Episode 4 -- it definitely took the longest time to get right, and we went through a BUNCH of different iterations of the scene before we landed on the one that shipped. When the season is over, it'd be fun to go into some of those paths not taken in more detail.
    We always knew that the episode needed to end at the Town Meeting, but exactly what would go down there and how changed a lot -- and it all was based on putting something on screen, getting feedback, and trying again.
    We frequently think and talk about Carley and Doug; that choice was a good one and we're always trying to find ways to give those good, hard choices to the player.

@ReTaLiN posted: »
    Who wrote the Kenny flashback? That was a 10/10 flashback.

Adam Miller is the flashback master for Episode 4. He focused entirely on the Kenny/Jane/Ava scenes, and boy did he deliver.
    Chris Schroyer, who's here answering questions, did the design work for those scenes (and many more) in the episode.
    I'm extremely happy that you liked it

@CandySquared posted: »
    Ep. 4 has got to be my favorite one this season with Lingard being my favorite new character. I figured since he can die in ep. 4 it wouldn't hurt to ask this: in ep. 3 at the end, Joan does her little speech and when she says "lovers" she looks at Lingard and then when David said "how many others lost their kids, too?" he also looked at Lingard. Just to confirm, did he have a wife and kid(s)? How many kids did he have? Did they/the wife die because of the raids or because of the harsh winter? I'm just curious to know more about him in general, so whatever you got-- throw it at me!

Yes! Lingard had a family. @Alyssa_TTG just told me!
    For further context... before Javi's arrival, David was Lingard's sponsor and he was actually doing fairly well!
    Of course, once Javi arrived and David's world got turned upside down, we all saw how well that turned out for Dr. Lingard...

@TheSloaningDead posted: »
    Hey, guys! Loved Thicker than Water! Definitely the best so far... My question revolves around Clint. He seems like a very diplomatic character, and that's hard to come by in The Walking Dead. What was his career prior to societal collapse? Thank you for your time.

Hey! Thanks for the kind words!
    Before walkers started biting into folks, our friend Clint was a botanist. Pretty useful guy to have in the apocalypse, I'd say. His thoughtful, collected demeanor seemed natural for someone whose former job involved patience, observation, and a delicate hand.
    Clint and Joan encountered the New Frontier when they were outside a dying peach orchard by the Shenandoah River. Clint proved his usefulness in bringing the orchard back to life, and the rest is history. Bloody, bloody history.

@fallandir posted: »
    Does an absence of Wellington flashback in Ep4 mean that this particular ending didn't matter in terms of general story? Are we gonna know what happened to Kate or it's gonna stay a mystery?

Wellington 100% matters. If Clem left Kenny behind at the gates and went in, that was a hugely character building moment (as well as a tragically difficult one), and that is something that Clem calls back to in her mind when making critical decisions.
    And I promise that we have NOT forgotten the hat.

@Javier Raviolli posted: »
    Will we get to see Javier unleash his "Lucille" on another survivor again? pls let us drop that bat hard on Eleanor's head.

Another survivor? Probably not... It'd be hard to top what we've already done.
    That said, I'm sure a bat sure comes in handy in this post-apocalyptic world...!

@D3NN15 posted: »
    Is there somewhere where I could purchase official posters for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier or previous seasons? I'm kind of a poster guy and would definitely give you guys my money for something like that to display, and I'm sure others would too. Thanks so much!

We don't sell official posters, unfortunately.
    Our friends at Skybound have a store where they sell Clementine hats, action figures, etc. etc: https://store.skybound.com/
    But that's it as far as official merch atm. I'll keep you posted should anything change

@Telltale_Luke posted: »
    What led to Conrad's rather unexpected treatment as a determinant character? It seems like you guys have gone out of your way to include him in the story, and that's quite unheard of for any determinant characters prior to this game, so I'm curious as to why you've done this. (Not that I have any complaints. He's one of my favorite parts of the season so far.)

I really like Conrad too!
    What Conrad did in the railway car was something that happened at one of the lowest moments in his life -- he'd just lost someone he loved, Gabe pulled a gun on him during his time of mourning, and he let his desire for revenge override the person he truly was. We wanted to play out that story, and make sure that players who took a chance on him would be able to see that character development play out.
    On top of those story reasons, the voice actor for Conrad, William C. Stephens, is terrific and brought that character to life from that first poker-playing scene in the bar.

@Heel_Kid23 posted: »
    Great episode, Telltale! I applaud you! Anyway, I have a few questions: -Were you expecting Gabe to have such a strong, negative response in the community/fanbase? -Will Episode 5 pull our heartstrings? -Is there a possibility "Jesus" will come back and help Javi next episode? That's all!

Thanks for the applause!
    I do believe the first two questions have been answered. As for the third, there's always a possibility Jesus will come back! We're certainly fans of the character (and his fantastic voice actor, Brandon Keener). Stay tuned!

@IronWoodLover posted: »
    Feels really good to see you guys interacting with the forums regularly I was thoroughly enjoying Thicker Than Water, I loved the feel of urgency in the plot, the Clementine interactions this episode were 10/10, the flashback with Jane (and Kenny... I guess) was also 10/10 (particularly liked that S2 choices like having AJ puke on Jane and watching Carver die came into effect, kinda sad that we didn't see Sarita, Carlos, Alvin and maybe even Sarah's body in the pile, but that's alright), the choice handling has been exceptional, I am feeling particularly rewarded for not having killed Conrad and watching players who did get told off by Tripp and Eleanor was extremely satisfying (probably one of the best scenes of this season). (Obviously, this does not erase the excruciating first two episodes (which are among the worst pieces of fiction I've - ever - consumed), the killing off of Kenny and Jane and the overall unoriginality of the antagonist group - The New Frontier).
    So, the episode was going pretty good. Until its last scene. I'm having a real hard time wrapping my head around a certain key character to that scene: our antagonist Joan. She was presented to us as a calculative, smart leader, willing to do anything (emphasis on "anything") for her people, even raiding other settlements. I didn't catch a glimpse of sadism in her character, or any thirst for revenge (and if there were hints of such things in her character, please enlighten me). Same can be said for her first scene in quarantine in episode 4.
    But then in the last scene, we see her gathering her community in one place, preparing to pin various murders on David. And that's fine, even smart - until Javier joins the party. She brings out two of our "friends" (I actively hate Tripp so kinda weird calling him a friend), tells us to chose one (paints it as an act of mercy, sure) and then kills the one we chose to save. Why? Is she trying to teach us a lesson? Is she just being a sadist? And after she kills Ava/Tripp, what was the end goal with everyone she had just angered? Was she planning on killing us too? Was she going to jail us all for the rest of our lives? Exile (doubtful since she is against Clint's idea of exile)? What was the end goal here, exactly?
    There's also some other (smaller) things I need to wrap my head around:
    • How many time passed since Ava's flashback in episode 4 and Clem taking that tree down to stop the truck?
    • Was Wellington raided by The New Frontier?
    And finally:
    • I miss the rewind feature .
    • Is there ANY chance we are seeing Lilly again? She is a great character which I miss a lot! Is there any hope for maybe her inclusion in a DLC or maybe even in the main story?
    • Any plans for after A New Frontier ends?
    Thank you.
    (PS: can we expect a forum update anytime soon? I feel like this new version is a big downgrade from the previous layout. Not being able to tell read notification from unread is maddening).

It's nice to be able to talk to y'alls directly, and thank you for the kind words about Episode 4.
    So let's talk about Joan. I think you've nailed it in your description -- she is a smart, calculating leader who looks out for the needs of her people and will do what it takes to survive. However, like all of us, she can react emotionally rather than logically sometimes when things really bother her -- and when she found out that Javi, the person she had treated fairly (in her mind) by exiling, and then jailing, proceeded to steal a considerable number of weapons from her own armory in order to disrupt her vision of due process, she got a little mad. She felt betrayed. And she decided to teach Javi a lesson by turning the tables on him. Her belief was that by facing him down publicly, she would demonstrate once again that she had the best interests of Richmond and the NF in mind; however, it wasn't a well thought out move on her part and even her co-leader, Clint, questioned her judgment. And, well, you chose what happened next...

@GalGamesh15 posted: »
    I loved this episode the most in this season! good job guys! So ... * In episode 5 ... you gonna hurt Clem? * What about Clem's real father? * This season was really short what about DLC about Clem before S4? * Would Clementine put the coat back on? (Which she wore in the first ep) ty

Re: Clem's coat - Our little Clem is growing up! As seen in flashbacks, she held onto it for as long as she could by cutting off the sleeves and making it into a vest, but I think it got too small for her.
    @AronDracula posted: »

• What are your thoughts on your work on Episode 5?
    • Will the romance between Clem and Gave be optional?
    • How many characters will survive this season?
    1. Season finales are terrifying and hard and complicated and full of pressure for meeting, exceeding, and exploding expectations. Like all things that are incredibly hard, you hope for them to be rewarding for everyone when you get to the finish line. And that's something that every one of us working on the finale have been thinking about. Every day.
    2. That sounds like a choice for Clem to make.
    3. That's up to you.

@bloop posted: »

Oh boy, I'm so excited. Ep4 is my favorite episode this season so far. I hope Ep5 is good too.
    Here are some questions, I might have more later though.
    1. Clem's period scene. I was honestly a little surprised you guys actually went there considering it's kinda weird and awkward for some people to talk about, especially if it's with someone you have a parental relationship with. What made you guys come to the conclusion of actually addressing Clem's menstrual cycle?(lmao I never thought I'd say this stuff about Clem in a serious matter)
    2. How come there's no Wellington flashback like there is for Kenny and Jane?
    3. What made you guys do the switcheroo for the Tripp and Ava choice?
    4. You guys think there might be a chance of DLC for Season3/A New Frontier? Or you'll just skip DLC and go straight to Season 4?
    Also, whoever wrote the Kenny flashback, let me shake that man's hand please.

I'll take on your first question: For some people, it's a super awkward topic. For others, it's something they deal with on a monthly basis for a large part of their life. The thing that was really interesting to me about taking this topic on is that it's in that uncomfortable space of things people don't always talk in detail about outside of families -- so though, as Clem mentions, she knows it's a thing, it's not clear that anyone ever got into the details of what and why and how with her. But unfortunately, especially the first time it happens -- it's not something you plan for or know the timing of. Sometimes you've got to ask the person you trust most in the moment, even if they're not the person you'd ideally choose.

@Mooshroome64 posted: »
    Why does Eleanor tell Joan the plan when Conrad is alive and the others tell her it'd be stupid?
    While the folks of Richmond have been hostile to Javi and Clem, they've been quite welcoming to her thanks to her medical knowledge. After expressing doubts about the necessity for the group's plan, she goes to Joan because she feels that is the best chance that she has to make a deal for herself and Tripp to stay in Richmond.

@Dont_Look_Back posted: »
    Any possibilities that this Ranch that AJ's located in is the legendary slaughterhouse? How difficult was it writing the period scene lol? What was the moment when y'all finally went "yeah we need to fix kenny and Jane" Side note, the episode was super great by the way. My favorite by far and possibly better than any season 2 episode. Thank you for making Clem act like herself and for those special moments to talk with the characters. Helped a lot with character development and I hope there is more of that in episode 5.

Thank you so much!
    I can't speak to the writing of it, but I can talk about designing the scene in Medical. We knew that this would be a scene that people would talk about and wanted to make sure this scene came off in a genuine and sincere way. In order to do this, we gave it a lot of thought as a team and even conducted a few mini-playtests with various folks around the studio. We normally agonize over the slightest dialog phrasing and choice text, but for this scene we went the extra mile to make sure that it would represent a wide range of player reactions and emotions.

@Everyone'sClemInTime posted: »
    I would like clarification on one thing, if it's possible. Why did Javier, who had just before been stabbed by a relatively large knife, have to search for supplies to stitch up his arm when Clem had been rummaging around for an assumedly long time as well as stopping to have a slightly inappropriate conversation about her problems with her menstrual cramps? Even going as so far as finding a box just above where she was at when Javi walked in on her and taking further time to mosey to her with them? I'd just like some clarification as to what the direction of the scene was meant to be aimed at. Cause it seems slightly misplaced.
    It's not stated that Clem has been there a long time, only that Lingard has remained unresponsive since she arrived.

@mutafow posted: »
    *vHow did you come up with the idea of killing the person you chose to save? * Why David chases Clint at the end of the episode, when clearly he wanted to step up and be the good guy? * Will we ever see again recognizable characters in non-flashbacks? * What is the stage of developing of ep 5 (nearly finished and whatever..)? * What happened to Max if you decide to spare him in ep3?

From David's perspective, Clint is asking David give up Richmond, something that he's worked hard to build and protect. After being betrayed by Joan, being asked to leave by Clint still stings.

@thewalkingclementine posted: »
    In Jane's flashback in episode 4, we get to see Carver's corpse, am I mistaken or can I see Sarita, Carlos and Troy's corpse? Confirmation?

Those bodies could be anybody.
    @ReTaLiN posted: »
    Who wrote the Kenny flashback? That was a 10/10 flashback
    Most appreciated!
    These flashbacks are among the most emotionally challenging scenes I've worked on here at Telltale. Adam and I knew how much it would mean to players to really say goodbye to some of their favorite characters in the series. The pressure to deliver for y'all was bonkers! I hope that people found the right words to say (or hug to give!) to Kenny at the end of the scene.
    A big thank you to Adam Miller for being an incredible creative partner on these sequences.

@Kennyshouladiedins1 posted: »
    Loved Episode 4. Loved the period piece...ahh memories, any way...I have a couple of questions. Are you guys thinking about a season 4? And if so...have you guys considered letting us explore in detail places like Prescott and Richmond. The one major flaw I can level is that your art team works like hell to make these amazing places...yet we the players never get to explore. I would love for you guys to put exploration and a central hub into the game like how the motel was in S1...Also CLEMENTINE!!! Need more play time with her. p.s. Extra points...give us TWAU S2.
    Thank you!
    And we definitely have been listening to your feedback about wanting hubs, and doing our best to get hubs into the episodes where they make sense for the gameplay. You can see that Chris took that challenge seriously in Ep 4; kudos to him and the team for that.

@Poptarts posted: »
    Will Eleanor have more screen time in Episode 5? Why does David have the same feelings toward Clint that he does for Joan? ( If this question has spoilers that would rather not be revealed ). Will the team address his reasonings behind chasing after Clint if players shot Joan in Episode 5? Thank you to everyone coming to answer fan questions.

David feels that the NF leadership has let him, his family, and the town of Richmond down. He's a person that sees the world in black and white; as soon as he found the loot from Prescott and other towns, his first reaction was to try to do the right thing , which to him was to expose Joan. He was extremely disappointed by the response he got to that attempt (and in some branches, he let his feelings get away from him.)

@Melton23 posted: »
    Oookaaaay let's see what we have here... This one is kinda stupid but is there a chance Tripp can survive? I saw him roll over believing he was dead but he weren't and I've seen a few other video game characters survive much worse. It doesn't look to good for him but I am a very hopeful guy c: I also kind of expected to hear clem's last name this episode so maybe in the next one? And what's the deal with clem and javier? Are they good friends, best friends or is it kind of like a new Lee sort of thing? Last one: I don't exactly want to know the full details but maybe a little hint at a certain scene that plays out like Lee's armed with death moment during the finale? Kinda been on my wishlist for a while now and it would be a sweet throwback. I hope episode 5 goes in the direction of clem taking on a herde of walkers and javi taking on the new frontier.

I'm sorry to say that if Joan shot Tripp, due to the chaos that broke out in the square just after, there really wasn't the chance for any rapid medical response/rescue efforts. Tripp definitely dies.

@DabigRG posted: »
    What happened with "Shades Chick?" Who created each character? What are the ages and heights of characters introduced in Above the Law?

Shades Chick is a friend of David, was surprised to hear the news of what Javi/David found in the factory (and how the leadership reacted to it.) She went to talk to other Richmonders about what she heard in that confrontation.
    Our incredible art team, led by Art Director Tara Rueping and Lead Character Artist Donald Anderson, created the characters.

There were also a few posts about favorite episodes or something like that, but I didn't feel like properly quoting them and thus just left them out.

• edited December 2017

I think you're seeing things. She's more detailed, because they have a clearer picture of what they want to do, her already having a season 1 model. But then again, I always thought in-game Christa post pregnancy looked really different from her "during pregnancy" model. Something in the face... I dunno what. They made her look a lot better, too bad she had about two minutes of screentime.
    Man, all the designs are just uncanny, how similar and yet different they are to the final game. I'd say Carlos is the closest to his final game model.

DabigRG posted: »

I just noticed that Christa is drawn(?) in a completely different style from the other, original characters.

• Shade’s chick is a friend of David’s

She shot at me in episode 5 though ?

For the fun of it, here's the answers from the AMA that happened after Thicker than Water: @Wiso2kinfinity posted: » Ep 4 was such

• She does it no matter what.

Melton23 posted: »

Shade’s chick is a friend of David’s She shot at me in episode 5 though ?

• Yeah, I know. So I was just thinking that she isn’t David’s friend

Fangirl101 posted: »

She does it no matter what.

• David's friend shoots at us...
    Seems legit. :lol:

Melton23 posted: »

Yeah, I know. So I was just thinking that she isn’t David’s friend

• She's more detailed, because they have a clearer picture of what they want to do, her already having a season 1 model

That's a very true. Good point.

But then again, I always thought in-game Christa post pregnancy looked really different from her "during pregnancy" model. Something in the face... I dunno what.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess it's a matter of suddenly having less weight and hormones to carry and deal with.

I'd say Carlos is the closest to his final game model.

Eh, I'd probably say Pete.
    Carlos is really awkward to draw, btw.

Louche posted: »

I think you're seeing things. She's more detailed, because they have a clearer picture of what they want to do, her already having a season

• @Melton23 She shot at me in episode 5 though ?
    @ Fangirl101 She does it no matter what.

Yeah, that irked the shit outta me! That friggin episode, man.

@Melton23 posted: » Yeah, I know. So I was just thinking that she isn’t David’s friend

To be fair, her being David's friend doesn't exactly mean she isn't do her job and/or be hostile to Javier where appropriate.
    She can also shoot him in the back and arrest Kate/Gabe towards the beginning of Thicker than Water.
    Also, see Fangirl's reply. :smirk:

@ Fangirl101David's friend shoots at us...
    Seems legit. :lol:

:lol:

• edited January 2018

I think her face looked thinner and less healthy when she's pregnant. Might be some logic to that, too but I'm no doctor.
    Again, shame they couldn't have kept her around longer or at least shown some brief montage scene with her and Clem during that 16 month period. (Jesus, I still can't believe that time skip is so glossed over)

Carlos is really awkward to draw, btw.

I know. It's because of his facial hair, isn't?
    Btw concept art Pete reminds me of a turtle. Weird. Something about his face, colors, and posture. It doesn't quite scream the same Pete that appears in the game. Sometimes stuff like body language can alter character more than some lines on a face.

She's more detailed, because they have a clearer picture of what they want to do, her already having a season 1 model That's a very

• I think her face looked thinner and less healthy when she's pregnant. Might be some logic to that, too but I'm no doctor.

That's...uh...physiology.... :confused:

Again, shame they couldn't have kept her around longer or at least shown some brief montage scene with her and Clem during that 16 month period. (Jesus, I still can't believe that time skip is so glossed over)

I think that's partially because that's not how it was supposed to be showcased in the released game. What with that stuff originally being flashbacks and what not.

I know. It's because of his facial hair, isn't?

No. Well, maybe, but that's not the problem. It's his head, both the shape and his actual hair.
    It might look fine from the front and maybe the exact side, but good luck with profile shots and certain other angles.

Btw concept art Pete reminds me of a turtle.

Great, now that I probably can't unsee that. :grin:

Weird. Something about his face, colors, and posture. It doesn't quite scream the same Pete that appears in the game. Sometimes stuff like body language can alter character more than some lines on a face.

I suppose so.

I think her face looked thinner and less healthy when she's pregnant. Might be some logic to that, too but I'm no doctor. Again, shame they

• Aww, you didn't tag me properly. You thought I was not going to see? :blush:

@Melton23 She shot at me in episode 5 though ? @ Fangirl101 She does it no matter what. Yeah, that irked the shit outta me! That

• edited January 2018

Yeah, I'm not sure why it didn't link properly in the quotes. The third one was just short namedrop, though. Much like Shoula, dan, or Bossman.

Fangirl101 posted: »

Aww, you didn't tag me properly. You thought I was not going to see?

• My logic would tell me that being fat with baby means you have fat face, too. not thinner

I think that's partially because that's not how it was supposed to be showcased in the released game. What with that stuff originally being flashbacks and what not.

it occurred to me at a certain point that they could have had a timeskip from the get-go, and actually have omid die when clem is eleven, only a short time before she's separated from christa. And nothing really would have changed.

Great, now that I probably can't unsee that.

Good. I hope it haunts you everytime you see him.

I think her face looked thinner and less healthy when she's pregnant. Might be some logic to that, too but I'm no doctor. That's...u

• My logic would tell me that being fat with baby means you have fat face, too. not thinner

it occurred to me at a certain point that they could have had a timeskip from the get-go, and actually have omid die when clem is eleven, only a short time before she's separated from christa. And nothing really would have changed.

I suppose. Wait, so then the game begins with hints that they might lose the baby then?

Good. I hope it haunts you everytime you see him.

Which is kinda rare anyway, hence the probably.

My logic would tell me that being fat with baby means you have fat face, too. not thinner I think that's partially because that's not

• edited January 2018

I finally finished watching the Collection edition of season one and I noticed that The Stranger's car isn't outside of The Marsh House anymore, and yet when he asks you if you know who he is he'll still mention his car outside and if you want anything else from there. Also Lee still looks at the now empty space as if he still recognizes the car, so I'm assuming it was left out on accident. And if anyone was curious, it doesn't matter if you stole from the car or not. I checked. It'll still be gone.
    https://imgur.com/a/lsi6q

• Good Lord this "Remastered" Collection is disappointing it seems to have more Bugs, Glitches and content missing then the original.

I finally finished watching the Collection edition of season one and I noticed that The Stranger's car isn't outside of The Marsh House anym

• edited January 2018

Kate is still wearing Grace's outfit on Part 1's menu screen.
    enter image description here

• I suppose. Wait, so then the game begins with hints that they might lose the baby then?

No, more like he'd already be dead. Unless you really want to shake things up and make clementine younger and have christa be the one pregnant until episode 4, as many others have suggested

My logic would tell me that being fat with baby means you have fat face, too. not thinner it occurred to me at a certain poin

• edited January 2018

I can theorize a bit on that. maybe they removed it on purpose because it's a plot hole why lee doesn't drive out of the marsh house with clem?
    doesn't even consider it?
    also, wasn't his car shown to be stranded in the woods with no fuel?

kinda bizarre

I finally finished watching the Collection edition of season one and I noticed that The Stranger's car isn't outside of The Marsh House anym

• This is me at Telltale studio:

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited January 2018

You know, I always liked how the guy tries to grab the keyboard back in this. Like buddy, a panda just slapped the monitor away, what's so important about the keyboard?

AronDracula posted: »

This is me at Telltale studio:

• Oh my goodness, I didn't notice that before! :joy:

Deltino posted: »

You know, I always liked how the guy tries to grab the keyboard back in this. Like buddy, a panda just slapped the monitor away, what's so important about the keyboard?

• So would Sarah be the age she and the other teenagers not named Ben and in hindsight Arvo tend to look like?

I suppose. Wait, so then the game begins with hints that they might lose the baby then? No, more like he'd already be dead. Unless y

• You can sometimes adjust the size of the comment/reply box by pulling on the bottom right side of the box.

• Only a PC gamer knows how prized a good keyboard is.

Deltino posted: »

• wha...
    I'm just saying the dramatic time skip didn't really add much. Or was it that I found the pacing weird? Now I can't even remember damn it. It's just nitpicking anyway, all the actual serious problems of season 2 have been discussed to death.

So would Sarah be the age she and the other teenagers not named Ben and in hindsight Arvo tend to look like?

• wha...

I'm making fun of how most teenagers in these games tend to look more like twelve year olds rather than the age they're actually meant to be.
    Hence another reason why I would've preferred if Gabe really was the case.

I'm just saying the dramatic time skip didn't really add much.

It added this ominous tension with Christa and the Season 2 Clementine design, which I really do like. But outside of that, eh....

wha... I'm just saying the dramatic time skip didn't really add much. Or was it that I found the pacing weird? Now I can't even remember damn it. It's just nitpicking anyway, all the actual serious problems of season 2 have been discussed to death.

• RIP keyboard

Johro posted: »

Only a PC gamer knows how prized a good keyboard is.

• edited January 2018

Joan's voice actress Jayne Taini was previously Earth Queen Hou-Ting.

• I knew that voice sounded familiar. I just didn't know where it came from.

Joan's voice actress Jayne Taini was previously Earth Queen Hou-Ting.

• I literally only learned that because I went to get a certain picture for a different reply from TVTropes.

I knew that voice sounded familiar. I just didn't know where it came from.

• Going back in time now. Over a year ago, I made a video about how Season 2 had an original story with traces of it still in the game. In one example, I theorized Clem and her group fighting with another group. I think I've found more evidence to support this.

As we can see from EP4's slide, Clem is putting on red face paint. Red face paint is the symbol of war among many tribes.

Recently, I noticed a quote from Walter in EP2. Season 2 was full of hidden messages in the environment and through dialog, so this must have been a foreshadowing. Clem and her group would become the unthinking animals and go to war...

It's such a shame Telltale didn't make Season 2 how they first intended to. It would've been darker and cool.

• Telltale did mention in their Twitch Stream of Season 2, that the walkers at the Trailer Park are leftovers of raiders who were attacking that place, along with survivors that were trying to defend it. It was suppose to be more of an environmental storytelling to give off the idea of a battlefield/civil war.

It was cut for "pacing reasons".

Skip to 31:31

Also, it's probably nothing, but I've noticed that there's a dream catcher in that house that they were in.

I felt it was worth mentioning, since there's nothing else in there like it, and considering that episode slide...

Going back in time now. Over a year ago, I made a video about how Season 2 had an original story with traces of it still in the game. In one

• edited January 2018

Yeah, I always felt they still could've easily done something with that with Arvo and the Russian Group.
    I actually wrote something on the general concept in the Final Season tropes thread.

@SargeantMario101 Also, it's probably nothing, but I've noticed that there's a dream catcher in that house that they were in.

Holy shit, I never noticed that before! And it's in the room where Sarah became catatonic, huh?

Going back in time now. Over a year ago, I made a video about how Season 2 had an original story with traces of it still in the game. In one

• edited January 2018

Apparently Jessica Krause is the writer for Season 4 Episode 1 according to @AnEvilHag on Twitter.

• edited January 2018

We'll see how it goes.

Apparently Jessica Krause is the writer for Season 4 Episode 1 according to @AnEvilHag on Twitter.

• edited January 2018

Not really any detail. Just bumping these up for convenience.

Credit to @Megami_Kizukanai

• Marianna was killed on Novermber 14, 2016, in-universe.

• During Episode 2 of Season One while investigating the Dairy with Mark, Lee can look at the damaged swing and a dialogue option appears where Lee can ask Andy if he can fix it. Then you must find Wood and some rope. Lee will then proceed to repair the swing. I am not sure if this has already been posted before but if it has then it will be seen by visitors of this discussion in the near future ?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.