E3 2018 - Announcements, Discussion, and Predictions Megathread

edited June 2018 in General Chat

Mod Edit: We are merging the two E3 threads into an E3 2018 Megathread!

E3 2018 Announcements/Predictions/Speculation

In the lead up to E3 -- and during the event itself -- games will be revealed, heads will turn, jaws will drop.

Post any notable announcements of games here, and feel free to get excited about anything you're looking forward to.

Comments

• edited June 2018

E3 2018 Predictions

This forum keeps getting boring so let's just talk about E3 of this year. What are you expecting to be shown at this event? I'm only going to see the Sony Press Conference cause they confirmed that their conference is going to be a different story and they will focus on their 4 big exclusives, that being The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding, Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima. I'm expecting release dates and gameplay reveal trailers for all of them except Spider-Man (Cause they gave us tons of news about it in April).The one that I'm hoping for the most is a new trailer (Anything) for Spider-Man.

• edited May 2018

My predictions in general

1.borderlands 3
    2.bloodborne 2
    3.demons souls remake
    4.new paper mario
    5.kingdom hearts 3 release date
    6.starfield reveal
    7.cuphead dlc or sequel
    8. New Microsoft ip
    9. Metroid prime gameplay
    10. Naughty dog new ip

Edit: I forgot this
    11.walking dead final season

• bloodborne 2

That'd be amazing but I heard that Hidetaka Miyazaki doesn't like making sequels and the story in Bloodborne was over.

demons souls remake

I'd love that too but I kind of doubt it because Dark Souls Remastered is coming out 2 weeks later and FromSoftware is focusing on Shadows Die Twice.

cuphead dlc or sequel

I have a feeling that the devs are going to take a break for a while cause Cuphead was in development hell.

Naughty dog new ip

That's kind of impossible since as I said, Sony Press Conference is going to do something different compared to what they have been doing for years.

Umbassabro posted: »

My predictions in general 1.borderlands 3 2.bloodborne 2 3.demons souls remake 4.new paper mario 5.kingdom hearts 3 release date 6

• edited May 2018

Im just saying the first bloodborne was a major hit for Sony so not doing a sequel would be pretty stupid financially wise, also they own the ip so they can make one whether the developer wants to or not unfortunately.

AronDracula posted: »

bloodborne 2 That'd be amazing but I heard that Hidetaka Miyazaki doesn't like making sequels and the story in Bloodborne was over.

• Good point

Umbassabro posted: »

Im just saying the first bloodborne was a major hit for Sony so not doing a sequel would be pretty stupid financially wise, also they own the ip so they can make one whether the developer wants to or not unfortunately.

• I just really want to see Smash 5 gameplay and a release date. Hopefully we’ll see more of Metroid Prime 4 as well.

• edited May 2018

...Something about Anthem. What that "something" is depends on whether it's an EA presentation or Bioware.
    EA seems fixed on promoting it: "Hey, if you like Destiny, you'll love this!!!"

Bioware seems to follow all that up with: "Whoa whoa whoa. This is still a Bioware game from the core team that can be fully played single player".

Which promotion will we get? Take your bets!

• I'm a really simple man....all I want is seroius Sam 4 to release allready B)

• Kingdom Hearts 3 release date, hopefully, maybe with the trailer showing off the Big Hero 6 world and maybe the Frozen world.
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake ends up either being a no show or gets some short cgi or gameplay trailer. Not like it'll come out before the PS5.

• Nothing about Days Gone?

• It seems that Gameinformer is publishing the news for it this whole month just like they did with Spider-Man in April, that's probably why.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Nothing about Days Gone?

• Superman or Justice League game from Rocksteady announced.
    • New Arkham game from Warner Games announced - sequel to Knight with Damian Wayne and older Bruce or follow up to Origins with younger Batman and enlisting Dick's Robin.
    • Major Villain reveal for Ps4's Spider-Man. Doc Ock? Norman's Green Goblin?
    • Horizon 2 teased for 2019/20. Aloy's adventures continue.
    • 'Starlight'/Sci-Fi Bethesda's Open World project unveiled in same vein as Fallout and Elder Scrolls.
    • Playable footage finally shown for Death Stranding and Last of Us 2.
    • Full reveal of Square and Crystal Dynamic's Avengers Project game for 2019. (Please don't be an Overwatch or Destiny clone.)
  • Oh one Warner game project I forgot to mention, LEGO DC Villains as well.

• Major Villain reveal for Ps4's Spider-Man. Doc Ock? Norman's Green Goblin?

It was already confirmed that Mr. Negative is going to be the main villain of the game. Norman Osborn is confirmed in this game but dunno if he will become Green Goblin.

* Superman or Justice League game from Rocksteady announced. * New Arkham game from Warner Games announced - sequel to Knight with Damian W

• He's one of the main villains, yes, but I am pretty sure that Norman is already Green Goblin alongside being Mayor. Remember Peter's been Spider-Man for eight years in the game, chances are he has a number of established enemies already.

Major Villain reveal for Ps4's Spider-Man. Doc Ock? Norman's Green Goblin? It was already confirmed that Mr. Negative is going to be

• I personally can't wait for the Last of Us Part II reveal! Also quite excited for Smash Bros Switch.

• edited May 2018

-The Final Season

-Anthem

-New game from Rocksteady (Superman game i think)

-Borderlands 3

-And that new game from Bestheda,Starfield.

that's pretty much all i want to see.

• I’m only gonna watch it because of tlou 2

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

What I want more than anything else is Devil May Cry 5's announcement, I've been waiting since 08 and I'm beginning to think it really is never gonna happen now.

Last of Us 2 and Spidey as well, I'm really looking forward to them two. Hopefully we finally get a gameplay demo for TLOU.

• With recent rumours, probably gameplay trailers and release dates for Pokémon Switch and Star Fox Grand Prix. Provided these "leaks" are legit lol

• edited May 2018

I have recently seen rumors that CD Projekt Red is going to be showing off an unnamed Roleplaying Game... is it possible that this is actually The Witcher 4 or something based on The Witcher universe because I recall CD Projekt Red saying that we deserve a Witcher 4 like a month or two after the game was released. We already know that CD Projekt Red is working on their Cyberpunk game so what is this unnamed Roleplaying Game?

• Pokemon leak is probably more likely to be real, I think the Star Fox leak is super fake though. For some reason people think just because Eurogamer said their sources confirm it should be real, really means nothing when you see the person writing the article has a track record of being very wrong. Not to mention its basically just a logo that could be made in MS paint and then a reddit post with almost no info other than "its a racing game lmao" by someone who has also notoriously been wrong about leaks.

MichaelBP posted: »

With recent rumours, probably gameplay trailers and release dates for Pokémon Switch and Star Fox Grand Prix. Provided these "leaks" are legit lol

• Those are good points. And the Pokémon one should probably be easier to verify, since it's pretty much depending on whether or not it does indeed get revealed by the end of this month, isn't it?
    The Star Fox one, yeah, that one does reek more of bullshit. Maybe if they shared something other than the logo like actual suppsed screenshots it'd be more believable. Then again even those could just be faked. A Mario + Rabbids type of leak this certain ain't. It is silly that some people are already seeming to have a meltdown over something that's very likely fake.

Poogers555 posted: »

Pokemon leak is probably more likely to be real, I think the Star Fox leak is super fake though. For some reason people think just because E

• Im not the biggest Pokemon fan and I dont know much about the dev teams and all that, but I will say considering the logo leak of that game actually looks like professional artwork I would give that a higher chance of being real in general, still possible to be fake though.

But yeah Star Fox to me is beyond fake, giving it a 1% chance of being real. Like I said, its a super basic logo anyone could make with minimal effort, and the guy who was giving "details" on it gave extreme bare-bone details and he himself has been wrong countless times. It only got any traction because Eurogamer started claiming they had "sources" (even tho guy claiming this has also been wrong alot)

What screams fake to me is all the "insiders" suddenly going "haha yeah man we knew about these rumors for months man haha, dont ask why we didnt say anything before hahahaha." Eurogamer guy just got it from some "totally legit source" so now it has traction, and all the other game journalist want to get coverage and clicks because now it has some "merit" to it, which Eurogamer obviously knew because now everyone else reporting it has to source Eurogamer, just leading to traffic to the site. Its all just a click bait rat race.

MichaelBP posted: »

Those are good points. And the Pokémon one should probably be easier to verify, since it's pretty much depending on whether or not it does i

• Witcher 4 seems to be the prevailing thought....I am thinking a trailer and 2020 release date

I have recently seen rumors that CD Projekt Red is going to be showing off an unnamed Roleplaying Game... is it possible that this is actual

• Didn't I heard the fact that Witcher 3 is the last game of the franchise?

Witcher 4 seems to be the prevailing thought....I am thinking a trailer and 2020 release date

• It was assumed...but then they said shortly after the release of Blood and Wine that they were not done with the Witcher universe...hell they paid for the exclusive videogame rights...so may as well use them.

Didn't I heard the fact that Witcher 3 is the last game of the franchise?

• Fair enough

It was assumed...but then they said shortly after the release of Blood and Wine that they were not done with the Witcher universe...hell they paid for the exclusive videogame rights...so may as well use them.

• It would be nice if they remastered Witcher 1 and 2 for current gen, it's probably the main reason I haven't picked Witcher 3 up yet.

• It's worth noting that the Witcher 2 is backwards compatible on Xbox One.

It would be nice if they remastered Witcher 1 and 2 for current gen, it's probably the main reason I haven't picked Witcher 3 up yet.

• It's meant to be the end of Geralt's story. They could very well tell a different story in the same universe. There's a lot of different elements to the Witcher. I just want more Ciri. :p

Didn't I heard the fact that Witcher 3 is the last game of the franchise?

• edited May 2018

Err no it's Cyberpunk 2077 I thought everyone knew about it by now...

Witcher 4 seems to be the prevailing thought....I am thinking a trailer and 2020 release date

• Yes i know...but the rumor is that this year they will have an announcement on their next game...which is looking like Witcher 4.

Err no it's Cyberpunk 2077 I thought everyone knew about it by now...

• It will not be Ciri....remember she is dead in some endings. No I think it will be about Geralt's natural born offspring due to a potion that he was given in the Witcher 2.

AgentZ46 posted: »

It's meant to be the end of Geralt's story. They could very well tell a different story in the same universe. There's a lot of different elements to the Witcher. I just want more Ciri.

• Witcher 4? Ppfffff come on guys.....lets not forget about cyberpunk2077

• edited May 2018

I can't be bothered responding to Kenny anymore cause his assumption that they will be announcing witcher makes zero sense to me haha.

Miyku posted: »

Witcher 4? Ppfffff come on guys.....lets not forget about cyberpunk2077

• Who cares what cd project red will announce nevertheless it'll be awesome. THEY WILL ANNOUNCE SOMETHING SO THATS ENOUGH FOR ME.

• I'm not necessarily speculating, but with the lack of a general E3 thread, I just want to say that I'm really excited to see what info we get on Smash Brothers for Switch at E3 during the Nintendo Direct.

• The smash bros roster was revealed ages ago not sure what else you need lol:

I'm not necessarily speculating, but with the lack of a general E3 thread, I just want to say that I'm really excited to see what info we get on Smash Brothers for Switch at E3 during the Nintendo Direct.

• Yeah, I know. :( Just wanted to put it out there that I love Ciri.

It will not be Ciri....remember she is dead in some endings. No I think it will be about Geralt's natural born offspring due to a potion that he was given in the Witcher 2.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.