'The Mystery of Scoggins'

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Ah, thanks guys. I can never get the hang of time zones. I might see it if they update within the next 2 hours, otherwise I'll just see it in the morning.

Still very excited for this!
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Heh, I was a bit impatient then by immediately diving into the page source :p

Let's just call it "proactive". :D
  • edited May 2010
    Less than two hours left until midnight, please TTG site, go offline, now! :O)
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe somebody asked this before, but is this game going to be episodic or not?
  • edited May 2010
    Maybe somebody asked this before, but is this game going to be episodic or not?

It's going to be an episode, until further notice.

In other words, the success of the first episode will determine if they make any more episodes.
  • edited May 2010
    So, does the news today reveal when the release date is? Or is it the actual release date? And how close is the afternoon as of now?
  • edited May 2010
    It's currently about 2:30 in the afternoon in California.

Maybe this is part of the puzzle?

I assume what we're going to get is the full Puzzle Agent website, with a pre-order form.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm going to bed now.
  • edited May 2010
    It is midnight!!! :)
  • edited May 2010
    AAaagghhh! Don't make me wait until tomorrow! :eek: Stupid time zones.... They exist only to cause me despair.:(
  • edited May 2010
    There's not much time left before afternoon is over in the Pacific Time Zone, but if you zoom out on the web page, you can see the eyes to the side.
  • edited May 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    There's not much time left before afternoon is over in the Pacific Time Zone, but if you zoom out on the web page, you can see the eyes to the side.

And if you wait long enough, the Hidden People will pop out for about two seconds.
  • edited May 2010
    The site is up!
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, that looks really fun!
  • edited May 2010
    Interesting.. $9.95 though? Is it about the same length as a 'telltale episode'?
    Not that it matters, I'm already on my way to pre-ordering it. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Neat. I'm gonna pre-order it now.
  • edited May 2010
    Interesting.. $9.95 though? Is it about the same length as a 'telltale episode'?
    Not that it matters, I'm already on my way to pre-ordering it. ;)
    NOTE!

Anything bought in the same order as Puzzle Agent is 50% off!

Also IMPORTANT NOTE!

Telltale has added the Book Of Grickle into their store! The Book Of Grickle isn't exactly a "definitive collection", but rather a "best of" collection, a set of stories and strips that Graham Annable likes the most or liked creating the most. There is some stuff exclusive to the Book of Grickle too. If you don't know much about Grickle but would love to get a great overview of the style of the series, getting the Book of Grickle in the same order as Puzzle Agent would be a great idea.
  • edited May 2010
    Good Idea. I know absolutely nothing about anything, so maybe I shall invest in this. I've already fallen in love with the art style, so I severely doubt I'll be dissapointed.
  • edited May 2010
    Ooh, that book is tempting. But I don't know if I can justify the $15 to ship it to me. Gonna have to think about that now.
  • edited May 2010
    Ooh, that book is tempting. But I don't know if I can justify the $15 to ship it to me. Gonna have to think about that now.

My exact thoughts.
    I may ponder on this for a while.

EDIT: Ah, just to clarify, can I buy more than one item at half price?
    This'll seal the deal for me.
  • edited May 2010

Yeah, looks that way. Just tried putting a few things into my basket, all were 50%. Could be a good time to buy the new Sam & Max series if anyone hasn't already.
  • edited May 2010
    My exact thoughts.
    I may ponder on this for a while.

If your area has an Amazon store, try that. The US Amazon store, for example, has the book for $12 and it's elligible for free super saver shipping. The Grickle book isn't as kindly priced here, but it still comes out cheaper at 50% unless(for US customers) you are getting something that brings the total to $25 from Amazon.

You can add any number of things to get 50% off as far as my messing with it can attest. Everything, even the new Sam and Max Season, seems to work. Another good option is Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, reduced to about $5.
  • edited May 2010
    So, I ended up with The Book of Grickle, and the Surfing the Highway book. I wanted to get the S&M animated series as well, but it pushed my postage up over double, so I guess I'll pass on that.
  • edited May 2010
    This seems like a perfect time to get the Season 2 Case File!
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, dammit.

I want that book. And I want something else, BUT I'll never get Zazzle to deposit me the money in Time for this order...

What to do, what to do...
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Oh, dammit.

I want that book. And I want something else, BUT I'll never get Zazzle to deposit me the money in Time for this order...

What to do, what to do...
    Huh? You have until at LEAST the end of the month, and probably later than that. Are you sure you can't?
  • edited May 2010
    Huh? You have until at LEAST the end of the month, and probably later than that. Are you sure you can't?

"Offer ends June 8" according to the fine print. Hopefully that's enough time!
  • edited May 2010

They are going to deposit me the 15th. Then, they will take a month to deposit me again. The problem is, they are going to deposit me less than the amount that I need. I just check, and I can't cancel the petition neither ask again until they pay me the 15th.

The other thing I can do is talk with MY SISTER, who's the one who has the international credit card for transfer me the rest of the money I'll need from her account (Which is pretty much the equivalent of make a blood contract with the devil). I could talk with another friend for do the same too (While I'm sure he probably is doing better stuff with his time, like avoiding the Moon and Sun and calculating Exp for our D&D campaing.)

Nah, I'll figure out :P
  • Heh. Graham said he considers this game an original Telltale title.
  • edited May 2010
    Heh. Graham said he considers this game an original Telltale title.

Except that it isn't in any way.
  • edited May 2010
    In fact, figure out if it's an original IP or not must be the last puzzle of the Game.
  • edited May 2010
    In fact, figure out if it's an original IP or not must be the last puzzle of the Game.
    That's a pretty easy climactic puzzle.
  • edited May 2010
    Another good option is Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, reduced to about $5.

And I bought this just 2 days ago. Damn. :(
  • edited May 2010
    I wonder if I can find enough things that don't require shipping to make it a great deal. I'm not really interested in MI:SE though, even for 5 bucks. And the only other thing I can think of is Texas Hold'em, which I'm not interested in either.

Oh well. This time I'll put off preordering until the last minute (well, the last few days), this way I'll have a better idea if there is anything I want to use that deal with or not.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I wonder if I can find enough things that don't require shipping to make it a great deal. I'm not really interested in MI:SE though, even for 5 bucks. And the only other thing I can think of is Texas Hold'em, which I'm not interested in either.

Oh well. This time I'll put off preordering until the last minute (well, the last few days), this way I'll have a better idea if there is anything I want to use that deal with or not.
    So, you have all of the main Telltale seasons? What about Bone? Is shipping to Canada really that expensive? And why aren't you at all interested in Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition?
  • edited May 2010
    Just bought Puzzle Agent! Woo!
  • edited May 2010
    Anyone else found the following things at the new site yet?
    • Click the tape recorder to download a music track. Looks like one of the tracks that will play in the background when puzzle solving. I wonder if it's Jared's work. It's pretty good, but doesn't he prefer longer tracks to small loops like these?
    • Click just below the Linda Annabelle signature for an FBI Memo showing three other cases the FBI rejected putting Tether on. Maybe after he gets some field experience on Scoggins they'll reconsider. Hm..
  • edited May 2010
    So, you have all of the main Telltale seasons? What about Bone? Is shipping to Canada really that expensive? And why aren't you at all interested in Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition?

I do have the bone games (the disk-less versions).
    The minimum I've have was 17 dollars (US) to ship to Canada. Which, for a case file only, seems a bit steep.
    I'm not interested in SE because the original I have works fine, and the only part I might care about is the voices, which a) you can't have with the old version and b) I've been told were pretty bad due to rhythm issues.

Okay, I just checked, for the case file alone, shipping is 16 dollars (US). I'd rather wait and group things together (if it's still there).
    I don't have the first case file so I'm less urged to get the second one while it's there. I mean, whatever happens, I won't have the complete collection. Whether I'm missing one or two doesn't ultimately change much.
  • edited May 2010
    Gamespot compare it to Professor Layton - does this mean it's lots of several little puzzles then rather than a traditional adventure game?
  • edited May 2010
    It's 'several' puzzles, but bound together with a proper plot courtesy Telltale's usual storytelling flair.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.