Episode 403 Waiting Thread - Releasing Jan 15th, New Trailer, Rated by Australia

Comments

• Final episode is on the 26th March.

I HAVE TO WAIT 2 MONTHS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• So what's y'alls spoiler free first impressions?

• It was very good. Started off a bit slow but then came into its own.

eRock92 posted: »

So what's y'alls spoiler free first impressions?

• Really good. Don't let anyone here tell you otherwise.

(You should probably stay away from this place until you've played the episode btw)

• I thought it was a good episode.
    Was pretty damn intense too, and it's nice that some choices actually mattered.

Hopefully this will lead up to a rather branchy Episode 4.

• Yeah, it was really fucking intense. My heart was beating like crazy in the 3rd act.

BigBadPaul posted: »

I thought it was a good episode. Was pretty damn intense too, and it's nice that some choices actually mattered. Hopefully this will lead up to a rather branchy Episode 4.

• Just a reminder guys, no spoilers whatsoever in the Waiting Thread, this is supposed to be a chill place

• Where the episode 4 waiting thread at?

• I'm literally only coming to this specific page only solely for spoiler free impressions of the episode. So far, it's getting positive feedback.

I'm avoiding the main page for this forum, the subreddit, and (most of) YouTube until I play it myself tonight. I thought I was spoiled earlier, but fortunately it was just a thumbnail of something not really spoiler-ish in that one scene that was alluded to at the end of the 403 trailer.

Really good. Don't let anyone here tell you otherwise. (You should probably stay away from this place until you've played the episode btw)

• Lmao when people think the episode was bad because Lilly was wasted

Feels so good to not be interested in these returning characters

• Good-ish if unorthodox first act(not sure where that actually ends, so just use greater locations), great-ish second act that was pretty enjoyable for the most part, but the third act...well, you'll see when you play the episode. But just to leave an actual thought

Batshit person: "Goin DOWN!"

• Okay, his didn't pan out, but I did manage to just find one where there's no one talking over it.
    Wish me luck, cause I might still need a little.

DomtheBomb has a complete playthrough with Louis.

• I absolutely loved episode 3. I can't wait to replay it with the opposite character saved! I saved Violet on my main.

• I feel like Telltale (I know its dead but the team is the same) doesn't know how to make a great villain. I'm not gonna say what happened in Episode 3 but you know who I'm talking about.

• They should've just made a new original antagonist instead of butchering Lilly's character.

AronDracula posted: »

I feel like Telltale (I know its dead but the team is the same) doesn't know how to make a great villain. I'm not gonna say what happened in Episode 3 but you know who I'm talking about.

• edited January 2019

Agreed, Lilly just got the same treatment as Carver and Gareth from the TV show. They took it too far to make her evil. I'm glad they didn't do it to Kenny as how he was originally planned in Season 2.

Speaking of Kenny, I'm so disappointed that we didn't get to talk about him with Lilly. That was the worst wasted potential.

iFoRias posted: »

They should've just made a new original antagonist instead of butchering Lilly's character.

• Man, oh man! This episode was great!

• edited January 2019

I mean, that's sorta been the vibe since Season 2, unless you're extra critical. But this, like a number of other things in this game, struck me as them deliberately trying to cater to what THINK/say they want [again] and doing it in such a confoundingly brash manner, among other things.

Agreed, Lilly just got the same treatment as Carver and Gareth from the TV show. They took it too far to make her evil.

Well Carver was a stock plot device from the get go, only saved by the promise of a complicated, morally ambiguous conflict with the Cabin Group, the mystery aspect, and the unadulterated hype people had for the series back then. Plus for some people, spite.

I feel like Telltale (I know its dead but the team is the same) doesn't know how to make a great villain. I'm not gonna say what happened in Episode 3 but you know who I'm talking about.

• I just completed episode 3 my god it's the best penultimate episode since around every corner

• James is easily the weakest part of this season ngl. All of his scene feel long and unnecessary. He is also batshit fucking insane.

• I just don't feel like Telltale learned its lesson, they already did it twice. With Carver and with Joan. Is it really hard to a make a villain for a whole goddamn season? Stranger was a villain for just 2 episodes but he got the best development out of all the "main" villains that only last 2-3 episodes. Look at the conversation between him and Lee in Season 1, game gave us 10 minutes to learn about him. Lilly was barely someone important after Season 1.

DabigRG posted: »

I mean, that's sorta been the vibe since Season 2, unless you're extra critical. But this, like a number of other things in this game, struc

• A reminder to not go into any spoilers in this channel, please.

• I’ve been avoiding the forums all day, but I just went home for my lunch break and set it to download so I can play as soon as I get home tonight! So excited!

• To be fair, the stranger was a weak villain. He blames you for shit that you didn't even do and his motivations are all over the place.

I just don't feel like Telltale learned its lesson, they already did it twice. With Carver and with Joan. Is it really hard to a make a vill

• I think her comeback was a great one. Short lived, but it was good. Of course she could've been a better villain, but with everything that's happened in the past couple of months, I'm just glad the game's being finished ?

iFoRias posted: »

They should've just made a new original antagonist instead of butchering Lilly's character.

• edited January 2019

I finished playing ep 3 and it was alright.

• Idk guys, I think episode 3 might be my favourite this season. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also mods, where dat ep 4 waiting thread? ?

• ^ yeah where is ep 4 waiting thread

• I saved Louis and it just left me with a sour taste of Violet in my mouth that I find hard to wash out until episode 4...maybe.

Has a complete playthrough with Louis saved gone up yet?

• To be fair, if people don’t want spoilers they won’t come to the forums unless they’ve played/seen the episode. I tried to avoid it all day, all week even, with only a few drop ins as to avoid being spoiled. It’s pretty much an expected thing that spoilers will be floating around, especially in thread titles

dojo32161 posted: »

A reminder to not go into any spoilers in this channel, please.

• edited January 2019

After seeing the outcome of Louis being brought to Delta instead of Violet, I'm 100% convinced that Lilly is a fucking monster. She has NO redemption.

• Just googled what happens if you let Louis be taken and I’m honestly glad I saved him ?

After seeing the outcome of Louis being brought to Delta instead of Violet, I'm 100% convinced that Lilly is a fucking monster. She has NO redemption.

• edited January 2019

I'm getting through a playthrough now, currently just entering what I'll call the second act. So I'll see what you and Maikel are talking about eventually.

To be fair, if people don’t want spoilers they won’t come to the forums unless they’ve played/seen the episode

But see, the thing is that's not exactly fair to them, though.
    On some level, they should probably be able to come here, whether to glean general opinions or to say hey or something else entirely, without having to worry* too* much about having the episode spoiled if they don't want it to.

Melton23 posted: »

I saved Louis and it just left me with a sour taste of Violet in my mouth that I find hard to wash out until episode 4...maybe.

• The thing is though, people talk. There’s no way to get people to keep their mouth shut or to avoid accidentally spoiling things for others, which is why it’s only possibly for people who don’t want to be spoiled to avoid visiting until they play it for themselves.

I'm getting through a playthrough now, currently just entering what I'll call the second act. So I'll see what you and Maikel are talking ab

• edited January 2019

Btw @0v3rp0w3r the “very serious spoiler” you mentioned was exactly what I was thinking so prepare to have your Russian Freddos StOlE

• That episode guys. THAT F*CKING EPISODE

• So, how bout that voice actor stream!

• Anyone watching the Stream with Clementine and Lilly's voice actors? It's starting in a few moments.

• The episode was absolutely fantastic, I adored it.

Erinour posted: »

I feel like I’m the only one that really liked this episode and that it was amazing

Sign in to comment in this discussion.