Episode 404 Waiting Thread - Out Now

Comments

• Did we really make it up until this point without any leaked spoilers? Thats interesting

• Eh, not exactly?

Fury2014 posted: »

Did we really make it up until this point without any leaked spoilers? Thats interesting

• Well, I tried to search for it but ended up with nothing. Correct me if I am wrong

DabigRG posted: »

Eh, not exactly?

• I heard tell that there were things leaked months ago, but the person neglected to provide a link.
    There was also a thread from last week or two whose title was pretty indicative of a spoiler.

Fury2014 posted: »

Well, I tried to search for it but ended up with nothing. Correct me if I am wrong

• Same. This final episode has the chance to solidify this season as being equally great as S1. Maybe even get some GOTY nominations (although I'm not really guessing it will since 2013 was such a different time and context).

I see no reason to worry, though. This final season is clearly something TT were working very very passionately on. There's so much heart into it. Compare ANF to TFS -- it's like night and day. The team were very determinate in giving us one last time to say goodbye in the greatest manner that they saw fit. Their vision has been nothing but full of confidence.

The finale will be the deciding factor but I dunno pfft this has probably been my favorite season of the series by far. Its not as explosive

• edited March 2019

tfw it's 5 am and you get all excited,turn on your ps4 launch The Final Season only to see "Episode 4 coming soon"

I guess i'll have to wait a little bit longer then rippo.

• Well, this is the last time I'll ever be able to post this gif on these forums.

Thanks Telltale for the great memories, this truly feels like the end of an era. I love your games and characters and I'll cherish them forever.

• Downloaded the episode, turned off all the lights, got myself nice and cozy, started the game aaaannd there' no audio.

Fuckin' RIP me :(

• edited March 2019

Have you fixed it? I’m on PS4 and I’m still waiting.

Edit: There is a download option in the game now, but it takes me to the overview of the episode and there is no download button.

Edit #2: It works now!

iFoRias posted: »

tfw it's 5 am and you get all excited,turn on your ps4 launch The Final Season only to see "Episode 4 coming soon" I guess i'll have to wait a little bit longer then rippo.

• Yep it works now,i'm downloading it,damn this is it boys we're in the endgame now.

MissButter posted: »

Have you fixed it? I’m on PS4 and I’m still waiting. Edit: There is a download option in the game now, but it takes me to the overview of the episode and there is no download button. Edit #2: It works now!

• Fuuuuuuck. I reinstalled the game and I still don't have audio.

• Soo, any spoiler-free impressions? ?

• It was better than Episode 3, obviously. As for overall thoughts, well, probably best to spend time gatherin those.

Pipas posted: »

Soo, any spoiler-free impressions? ?

• If you havent already played it, its not that great.

Its not bad, but it isnt really good either. It feels really detached and kinda just awkward. Im sure after you play youll understand what I mean.

• 4 out of 10 IGN

• For the most part, it was good and a satisfying ending, but that's just my opinion, Couple problems here and there, but nothing that overtly changes my opinions on the episode as a whole or the season itself.

I wouldn't trust this list right now since emotions are rampant, but to rank the episodes of this season (they've all been really good, so even if it's last, I still thoroughly liked it), I'd say:

1. Broken Toys
    2. Done Running
    3. Take Us Back
    4. Suffer the Children

• Done playing ep 4 I thought it was a pretty alright episode.

• edited March 2019

Just finished.

Idk, I thought it was good. Obviously there were better episodes, but as a goodbye to the series it was serviceable. But I get why people wouldn't like it.

Poogers555 posted: »

If you havent already played it, its not that great. Its not bad, but it isnt really good either. It feels really detached and kinda just awkward. Im sure after you play youll understand what I mean.

• I agree, I'd rate the episodes the same way. ?

For the most part, it was good and a satisfying ending, but that's just my opinion, Couple problems here and there, but nothing that overtly

• I think some, not all, but some had incredibly high expectations for the episode. Having certain expectations isn't bad necessarily, and seeing them not come to fruition can certainly be frustrating, but like with all things, there must be a balance (cue the Thanos memes). And I think some let their expectations get a bit too carried away. And listen, I can certainly understand that since we've known Clem for 7 years and we all, at some point, have probably developed an idea of how her story should end. But it looks like some people are letting their expectations cloud their opinion of the game itself, and as a result, legitimate criticisms are getting swept under the rug or thrown in with the "This episode was bad and disappointing for these reasons" crowd. Let's organize our thoughts and we can discuss the things the episode did well and what it didn't. But I think some people are quick to call this a failure, and likewise, some who are quick to call it a masterpiece.

Just finished. Idk, I thought it was good. Obviously there were better episodes, but as a goodbye to the series it was serviceable. But I get why people wouldn't like it.

• edited March 2019

It wasn't the strongest episode of the season but goddamn is it tense and does a wonderful job wrapping up the season and series as a while. It took me some time to finally nail down my impressions on it but overall its a worthy send off despite some minor flaws (that others will no doubt find glaring). I'd still put this season as my favorite but may need a full replay to decide.

If I had to rank them (which is honestly hard as hell cause they are all really freakin' good)

1. Broken Toys
    2. Done Running
    3. Suffer the children
    4. Take Us Back
  • I think this wraps up my thoughts perfectly. Some flaws and certainly not the best episode (that title still goes to No Time Left), but overall, still good and delivers what I find a satisfying end to the series and Clementine.

It wasn't the strongest episode of the season but goddamn is it tense and does a wonderful job wrapping up the season and series as a while.

• Looking forward to replaying the whole series.

• All I have to say is that Season 2 Kenny Ending was MUCH better than TFS ending.

• What about Queen Jane?

AronDracula posted: »

All I have to say is that Season 2 Kenny Ending was MUCH better than TFS ending.

• Hahaha, that's on you, not me.

What about Queen Jane?

• Are you a hater too?

Hahaha, that's on you, not me.

• Unfortunately for you, yes.

Are you a hater too?

• Yes, I know you hate me, but do you hate Jane? You are not a nice person by the way.

Unfortunately for you, yes.

• What? I never hated you. Now you're being impolite to me because I don't like your defense on ANF? I never even said you shouldn't like it.

And yes, I hate Jane.

Yes, I know you hate me, but do you hate Jane? You are not a nice person by the way.

• edited March 2019

The ending was a very pleasant plot twist. Y'all know I wanted Clem to die.

I mean, the episode by itself wasn't all that great. Interactions were a bit lacking, and some treatment of the characters and the determinant deaths were pretty meh. But as an ending, it did it's job. It left me mostly fullfilled.

The season wasn't better than S1, but it was around S2's level. I don't even want to speak about ANF at this point.

So, thank you Skybound for letting us finish this together!

smiles in Kevin Bruner

• Why did you want her to die?

BigBadPaul posted: »

The ending was a very pleasant plot twist. Y'all know I wanted Clem to die. I mean, the episode by itself wasn't all that great. Interact

• Because I like to see the world burn.

Why did you want her to die?

• Okay, so only @iFoRias, @ralo229, @DabigRG and some other individuals do.

What? I never hated you. Now you're being impolite to me because I don't like your defense on ANF? I never even said you shouldn't like it. And yes, I hate Jane.

• No me gusta nada.

Because I like to see the world burn.

• Qué?

No me gusta nada.

• Do you think that is how Bruner feels? Lool.

Qué?

• edited March 2019

Bruner only "feels" stuff when there's wads of cash around him.

Do you think that is how Bruner feels? Lool.

• That greedy hijo de puta.

Bruner only "feels" stuff when there's wads of cash around him.

• Has that promo image always been there?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.