Unpopular walking dead opinions?

1737475767779»

Comments

• Most of the choices weren’t exactly choices but necessities. Idk if you’ve seen it, but the devs have stated quite a few things that were supposed to be in the game, but couldn’t make it due to time, budget and among other reasons. I too wish that the final season had more to offer, but the reality of the behind the scenes situation just wouldn’t allow for that, so I try not to let it ruin the final product for me.

Not sure if it's unpopular but I don't like the Final Season. In a way that it is really unsatisfying to me, plus I'm just really disappointed with some of the directions the writers choose to take.

• Depends on your definition.

Not sure if it's unpopular but I don't like the Final Season. In a way that it is really unsatisfying to me, plus I'm just really disappointed with some of the directions the writers choose to take.

• Well i'm kinda glad that The Walking Dead and Telltale Games is over because if they were still around then all future games would be Epic Store exclusive

• Of what?

DabigRG posted: »

Depends on your definition.

• Unpopular

Of what?

• edited May 2019

unpopular:
    adjective
    not liked or popular.
    "unpopular measures"
    synonyms: disliked, friendless, unliked, unloved, unbefriended, uncherished, hated, detested, despised, loathed.

Why are you even asking this ?

Unpopular

• I didn't.

unpopular: adjective not liked or popular. "unpopular measures" synonyms: disliked, friendless, unliked, unloved, unbefriended, uncherished, hated, detested, despised, loathed. Why are you even asking this ?

• Your weird dude..

I didn't.

• I'll ignore that in favor of pointing out I was being literal.
    Saying you didn't like much of anything in TFS would've gotten you trouble last month.

Your weird dude..

• The Cabin Group is my favorite main group of characters in concept, though Ericson's delinquents are fairly divergent in their own right.

• Definitely an unpopular opinion among the die-hards.

But I think those of us who can see through the pandering that was the ending know TFS didn't deliver properly.

• And those of us who understand that video games are subjective know that there’s no such thing as a video game that doesn’t deliver

Definitely an unpopular opinion among the die-hards. But I think those of us who can see through the pandering that was the ending know TFS didn't deliver properly.

• edited July 2019

I wish Clem hadn't got bit because that #stillnotbit now doesn't make any sense.

• :lol:

MintBlue92 posted: »

I wish Clem hadn't got bit because that #stillnotbit now doesn't make any sense.

• He can feel like the game doesn't deliver upon his expectations. That's HIS subjective opinion. Doesn't make his original statement any less pompous since he basically insinuates that TFS being disappointing is a fact, but still.

Melton23 posted: »

And those of us who understand that video games are subjective know that there’s no such thing as a video game that doesn’t deliver

• I think he was being sarcastic.

ralo229 posted: »

He can feel like the game doesn't deliver upon his expectations. That's HIS subjective opinion. Doesn't make his original statement any less pompous since he basically insinuates that TFS being disappointing is a fact, but still.

• TFS was really really solid up until the final episode. Dropping the whole Delta thing in order to focus on the completely disconnected bite stuff only to have some S1 parallels... was not a good move, no matter how poetic it all came to be. AJ's personality being dumbed down to one single choice you make in the very same episode was another poor decision. They could've went out with a bang on the choice aspect, instead they only really showed they didn't learn much afterall. Finally, the Ranch flashback felt really really pointless and unexplained.

• Minerva is such a bad written character. Some people think she is a great antagonist but I think she is just underwhelming and bland. Her motivation wasn't compelling enough and I never understood why they made her the last antagonist Clementine encounters in her story. I didn't give two shits about her brother, Sophie was just added in the story just for a cliched excuse of becoming the bad guy and her last attack on Clem and the others was just forced and nonsensical.

Violet mentioned Minnie being afraid of killing walkers and she showed no signs of it. How the fuck was she able to stand up pretty well after being bitten multiple times on the beach and why were the walkers ignoring her until the plot called for it on the bridge? She wasn't even covered in walker guts. Also, she pushed Louis/Violet to disarm them on the bridge like a fucking raged bull, without feeling any pain whatsoever. Now that's what I call forced writing.

• I thought that was quite a common takeaway around here?
    I agree though.

I didn't give two shits about her brother

Well that's harsh.

AronDracula posted: »

Minerva is such a bad written character. Some people think she is a great antagonist but I think she is just underwhelming and bland. Her mo

• I also thought the whole bridge scenes was just over the top. Like I need someone to explain to me how that whole “boss fight” scene doesn’t break common WD rules/lore. Like she’s shooting a loud ass fucking gun in the middle of hoard and the walkers don’t decide to eat her until the end of the fight for some reason.

AronDracula posted: »

Minerva is such a bad written character. Some people think she is a great antagonist but I think she is just underwhelming and bland. Her mo

• I guess the logic is that she was more or less doomed anyway, so the walkers were ignoring her until she got shot/chopped herself.
    Which still doesn't make sense of the scene.

I also thought the whole bridge scenes was just over the top. Like I need someone to explain to me how that whole “boss fight” scene doesn’t

• Kent Mundle said it was done just because it was "cool" and that it doesnt matter because "walker rules are inconstant anyway" when they arnt inconstant, this was the only time they ever broke the rules in any form of Walking Dead.

I also thought the whole bridge scenes was just over the top. Like I need someone to explain to me how that whole “boss fight” scene doesn’t

• You're forgetting that in the first season of The Walking Dead TV show, walkers could use tools like bricks to bash open doors and could run. After season 2, the walkers became dumb AF and slow.

Poogers555 posted: »

Kent Mundle said it was done just because it was "cool" and that it doesnt matter because "walker rules are inconstant anyway" when they arnt inconstant, this was the only time they ever broke the rules in any form of Walking Dead.

• Wasn't there something about them retain vague memories that inform their behavior?

MinerJas posted: »

You're forgetting that in the first season of The Walking Dead TV show, walkers could use tools like bricks to bash open doors and could run. After season 2, the walkers became dumb AF and slow.

• The show is separate from the game, also this stopped right away because the walkers arnt suppose to do that. That is the one time in any walking dead media walkers randomly did something they shouldnt and it only happened because it was the very start of the show and not everything was fine tuned yet.

MinerJas posted: »

You're forgetting that in the first season of The Walking Dead TV show, walkers could use tools like bricks to bash open doors and could run. After season 2, the walkers became dumb AF and slow.

• i think it was super fuckin cheap and lazy to not kill clementine regardless of your decision. regardless of it not making narrative sense, the fact that they teased this grand ending that would tie up all the loose ends and give us a definitive ending, only to just return everything to the status quo with very little development outside of AJ, makes me feel like i wasted my time with the series. yes, death is not necessary to show growth or consequence, but it gets to a point where a character feels invincible and it's hard to care about their journey when you figure as such. and for a series like the walking dead, which is a somber, slow and methodical drama in the apocalypse, it would more thematic sense to kill off your protagonist in the finale.

• It makes more thematic sense to end a protagonist’s story with their purpose fulfilled, whether this means that they have to die or not is irrelevant. However, telltale definitely should have made her determinant.

i think it was super fuckin cheap and lazy to not kill clementine regardless of your decision. regardless of it not making narrative sense,

• Damn Melton, it's been a while since I've agreed with you, or posted. Missed ya Melton.

Melton23 posted: »

It makes more thematic sense to end a protagonist’s story with their purpose fulfilled, whether this means that they have to die or not is irrelevant. However, telltale definitely should have made her determinant.

• I never like the McCaroll Ranch flashback. It felt like it really doesn't need to be in the game, a dialogue where Clem tells AJ how she rescue him out of that place is good enough. Also that McCaroll Ranch flashback scene took forever, all because Clem walks slower than a 90 year old grandma.

• They also managed to ruin Eddie's character in one scene and made us kill him,gg guys.

MintBlue92 posted: »

I never like the McCaroll Ranch flashback. It felt like it really doesn't need to be in the game, a dialogue where Clem tells AJ how she res

• Now more than ever i truly believe that this series should've ended after Season 2.

Also Duck was cool to this day i still have no idea why some people hated him.

• Because he was a realistically voiced boy who was deliberately the opposite of 'The Greatest Child Character in Video Game History'" to help make her look good.

iFoRias posted: »

Now more than ever i truly believe that this series should've ended after Season 2. Also Duck was cool to this day i still have no idea why some people hated him.

• F for eddie
    Rest in pixels

They also managed to ruin Eddie's character in one scene and made us kill him,gg guys.

• Duck is Morgan Freeman compared to that shithead, Gabe Garcia, that's for sure.

Now more than ever i truly believe that this series should've ended after Season 2. Also Duck was cool to this day i still have no idea why some people hated him.

• I feel like a big reason why Eddie's death is annoying is because he was suppose to be in season 2 with a somewhat decent role and then it was cut, just for them to bring him back and kill him.

Also, its annoying hearing Telltale go "omg budget machine broken!!!!!!" and then "lmao so what if we bring back Eddie, make a unique model just for him, get the same voice actor, and then kill him!!! Haha I wish I had a budget!!!"

They also managed to ruin Eddie's character in one scene and made us kill him,gg guys.

• Eh, not really?

• Why thank you 😇 I’ve missed you too 👍

Damn Melton, it's been a while since I've agreed with you, or posted. Missed ya Melton.

• I didn't really care that much about Clementine in season 2, 3 and 4.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.