Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    I ordered the standard DVD with the Voodoo Cards.

yeah, the voodoo cards are shipping now
  • edited June 2010
    Heyyyyy,

i'm happy as hell! :D
    My Tales of Monkey Island Slipcase DVD arrived today!!!:cool:
  • edited June 2010
    Hooray! My standard dvd arrived : D.

Oh god the wallpapers section....under "others". You know what I'm talking about. XD So tempted to use one of the two.

and off topic but WHAT A DAY to discover the cord for my mouse has broken (cats to blame? Intuition says yes!). Sam and Max.... D:
  • edited June 2010
    fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow...
  • edited June 2010
    I have a quick question: I ordered the season last year (July 9, 2009) and could have sworn that pre-ordering entitled me to a DVD. As of posting, I have not received a DVD or a confirmation shipping e-mail about this. Can anyone give me some info?
  • edited June 2010
    To the guys that got their DVD - Did you receive any e-mail from TellTalle about the item been shipped?

I'm still waiting... I ordered the ''Special Edition'' or what is it called the 1st day it was announced.
  • edited June 2010
    chrispy145 wrote: »
    I have a quick question: I ordered the season last year (July 9, 2009) and could have sworn that pre-ordering entitled me to a DVD. As of posting, I have not received a DVD or a confirmation shipping e-mail about this. Can anyone give me some info?

No. You were not promised a DVD with your pre-order purchase. You were promised a DVD if you ordered the DVD AFTER the game came out and the DVD was available for ordering in the store for free plus the price of shipping. Just like any other Telltale series.

Honestly, it's astounding how many people have gotten this wrong...
  • edited June 2010
    chrispy145 wrote: »
    Did you order the DVD?

Add it to the cart, it's free.
  • edited June 2010
    ...plus shipping.
  • edited June 2010
    Thanks! Didn't know. Now pondering whether i should get the deluxe edition. Some paper products haven't sold me yet.
  • edited June 2010
    No. You were not promised a DVD with your pre-order purchase. You were promised a DVD if you ordered the DVD AFTER the game came out and the DVD was available for ordering in the store for free plus the price of shipping. Just like any other Telltale series.

Honestly, it's astounding how many people have gotten this wrong...

Actually, I still have the e-mail where it said i would be entitled to the free DVD with my preorder.
  • edited June 2010
    You're misunderstanding it. You're entitled to a free DVD if you order it. Again, this goes for any Telltale series. If you own the entire season you're automatically entitled to a free DVD.......if you order it. It's just a matter of saying you want it. And pay for shipping to get it.
  • edited June 2010
    Got it. I've never ordered anything from Telltale, so didn't know the procedure. Will not mess up when they come out with Back To the Future!
  • edited June 2010
    They email you before you send it out right?
  • edited June 2010
    Placed March 13, 2010, and is currently backordered.

Also, it says two times "Deluxe Edition Package" and once "Deluxe Edition" (plus some other stuff that I ordered), however I only wanted and paid for one Deluxe Edition. Let's see where this goes to.
  • edited June 2010
    They email you before you send it out right?

yes.
  • edited June 2010
    Man, I'm getting so excited. I have loads of stuff coming in soon. Here's to hoping that it comes in before Friday! :D

At that point, I think I'll do a second playthrough of ToMI. :D
  • edited June 2010
    You're misunderstanding it. You're entitled to a free DVD if you order it. Again, this goes for any Telltale series. If you own the entire season you're automatically entitled to a free DVD.......if you order it.

This. At first I, too, thought I'd get it when it's pressed and sent to me. Luckily I visited the site and saw that even the preorderers (like myself) have to order the DVD separately. Maybe Telltale should be more clear with this in the future and not to use the term "entitled to a DVD" or whatever it read in the preorder page? Especially since they have customers who don't speak English as their mother tongue (at least I!). :D

I got mine yesterday. The extras mainly didn't seem to be anything special. Some sections have, like, two files in them which doesn't make them feel like separate sections at all...

Still, the commentary tracks are proving to be... I don't know, okay. They're not very professionally done, but I think the humorous and relaxed atmosphere of the developers is quite fitting actually - especially because they speak about Monkey Island. :P Anyway, the voice levels change too much. Everyone's not loud enough while some bursts of laughter for ecample are too loud. I take it they sat somewhere and were speaking to one mic?

I didn't go through the whole DVD yet. After all there are pretty much stuff in it, so it might not be too bad after all. The games are most important, of course, I'm looking to play them for the third time now. And, the DVD was free, so, who am I to complain?
  • edited June 2010
    Still no message or anything for me :(
    My order contains:

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition

And they just won't ship my Monkey Island stuff. Do I have to wait until the Devils Playhouse DVD is out?

I ordered the original TOMI + DVD (Pre Order) on June 3, 2009!! That's over a year ago ... long before there was even a talk about Sam & Max Devils Playhouse
  • edited June 2010
    Neumi wrote: »
    Still no message or anything for me :(
    My order contains:

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package
    Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition

And they just won't ship my Monkey Island stuff. Do I have to wait until the Devils Playhouse DVD is out?

I ordered the original TOMI + DVD (Pre Order) on June 3, 2009!! That's over a year ago ... long before there was even a talk about Sam & Max Devils Playhouse

You don't have to wait until the Devil's Playhouse is out!
    They're shipping the DVDs right now, but the Deluxe Edition took longer because of all the extra swag. Yours should ship within the week, so don't worry about that.
    If you don't get an email saying it has shipped within the week, come back to this thread, we should have more info and know if some Deluxe Editions have shipped. At this time, the Deluxe Editions haven't shipped yet. The regular editions have been shipped and some people have received them.
    Hope yours get shipped soon!
  • edited June 2010
    Well... I've bought TMI + MI:SE in Telltale's promotion and I want to get standard DVD in near future, but only option I see on store is TMI Season upgrade + DVD, for which I have to pay $26 - Do I have to contact support to get my DVD in cart for free? The second thing is that when I put this upgrade in cart, it still has that "Expected to ship in Spring 2010" caption... it's weird, because you're all saying that standard DVD is shipping now...
  • edited June 2010
    Varrok wrote: »
    Well... I've bought TMI + MI:SE in Telltale's promotion and I want to get standard DVD in near future, but only option I see on store is TMI Season upgrade + DVD, for which I have to pay $26 - Do I have to contact support to get my DVD in cart for free? The second thing is that when I put this upgrade in cart, it still has that "Expected to ship in Spring 2010" caption... it's weird, because you're all saying that standard DVD is shipping now...

I suggest you try the support forums down the page of write to support. I'm not sure how this specific promotion works.
  • BasBas
    edited June 2010
    Here's a question: can I cancel my order placed in march? I feel kind of ripped off, because when I ordered the game, I was told that I could get the DVD for 'just the price of shipping', which turned out to be over $30. In other words, ordering the DVD cost me just as much as the game itself did. Now it seems that shipping has dropped to $15, which is still crazy expensive but at least somewhat more reasonable. I figure I might as well cancel the order and re-order all the items at a cheaper shipping cost.

Since none of my stuff has actually shipped yet, cancelling the order should not be a problem, right?
  • edited June 2010
    Bas wrote: »
    Here's a question: can I cancel my order placed in march? I feel kind of ripped off, because when I ordered the game, I was told that I could get the DVD for 'just the price of shipping', which turned out to be over $30. In other words, ordering the DVD cost me just as much as the game itself did. Now it seems that shipping has dropped to $15, which is still crazy expensive but at least somewhat more reasonable. I figure I might as well cancel the order and re-order all the items at a cheaper shipping cost.

Since none of my stuff has actually shipped yet, cancelling the order should not be a problem, right?

You should be able to cancel, but the order is old enough that you'd get a coupon instead of your money back.
    As for the shipping, are you sure you weren't refunded the difference? I'm pretty sure when they managed to drop the shipping, telltale went and refunded people for the difference, so check your bank statements for March and maybe April (I can't remember exactly when that happened).
    If they haven't, you could ask them if they wouldn't mind doing just that (keeping your order and refunding the shipping price difference).
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    At this time, the Deluxe Editions haven't shipped yet. The regular editions have been shipped and some people have received them.

Just pointing this out: not all regular editions have been shipped yet. Mine hasn't :(
  • edited June 2010
    pluizig wrote: »
    Just pointing this out: not all regular editions have been shipped yet. Mine hasn't :(

If you didn't order it within the first couple of weeks, it probably won't be until they've finished handling the Deluxe editions. It's only fair that people who order first get served first as well.
  • BasBas
    edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    You should be able to cancel, but the order is old enough that you'd get a coupon instead of your money back.
    As for the shipping, are you sure you weren't refunded the difference? I'm pretty sure when they managed to drop the shipping, telltale went and refunded people for the difference, so check your bank statements for March and maybe April (I can't remember exactly when that happened).
    If they haven't, you could ask them if they wouldn't mind doing just that (keeping your order and refunding the shipping price difference).

Never got any word on that, but I'll check my statements between now and March, and if nothing, shoot them an email. Thanks for the heads up!
  • edited June 2010

You are right, my wording was wrong, I meant that they have started shipping. Which they did in the beginning of this month.
    However, as far as I know, none of the Deluxe Editions have shipped yet, so it's normal that yours hasn't shipped if that's what you ordered (I don't mean you specifically, obviously).

Does your order say it's ready for shipping, or that it's back-ordered? If it's the latter, your order might be slowed down by another item. If it's the former, your order should ship very soon :)

EDIT:
    Bas wrote: »
    Never got any word on that, but I'll check my statements between now and March, and if nothing, shoot them an email. Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome! :)
  • edited June 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    If you didn't order it within the first couple of weeks, it probably won't be until they've finished handling the Deluxe editions. It's only fair that people who order first get served first as well.
    I ordered mine June 6th, it shipped June 11th.

Hardly the first couple of weeks :)
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    I ordered mine June 6th, it shipped June 11th.

Hardly the first couple of weeks :)

I don't know then. Maybe they put off further shipping of standard DVDs when they started handling the Deluxe edition. Hard to tell without knowing when he ordered the DVD. For all I know he posted here right after submitting the order.
  • edited June 2010
    My order that once showed both "Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition" and "Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition Package" now shows just "Tales of Monkey Island Deluxe Edition". Still backordered, though.
  • edited June 2010
    Hello,

Is there someone around here to say me why from 4th of June the status of the shipping has not changed ? I am waiting for the standard edition of the DVD.

Here is what I see on US Postal site :
    Label/Receipt Number: LN04 6XXX XXXX S
    Class: First-Class Mail International
    Service(s): International Letter

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on June 4, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

We are now the 23 of June and there is nothing in my mailbox... So even if shipping from USA to France should be quite longer than national shipping,19 days, it is starting to be very long !

Thanks.
  • edited June 2010

You will need to go to this page to place an order for the free DVD.
    Is there someone around here to say me why from 4th of June the status of the shipping has not changed ? I am waiting for the standard edition of the DVD.

The status of the shipment likely won't change until you receive the product, as they normally only use delivery confirmation at most. International shipping can take 4 to 6 weeks, so if you still don't have it in the next couple weeks, contact customer support.
  • edited June 2010
    Bamse wrote: »
    I don't know then. Maybe they put off further shipping of standard DVDs when they started handling the Deluxe edition. Hard to tell without knowing when he ordered the DVD. For all I know he posted here right after submitting the order.

Are you talking about me? I ordered my Standard DVD on march 24. None of the items are backordered.

It says on the My Purchases page: "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."
  • edited June 2010
    You will need to go to this page to place an order for the free DVD.
    The problem is I don't have that option there... very well, I'll contact the support :P
  • edited June 2010
    The problem is I don't have that option there... very well, I'll contact the support :P

I seem to remember that bundle having some kind of problem with properly flagging you as being a season customer, now that you mention it. So yeah, contacting support is unfortunately necessary at this point. :(
  • edited June 2010
    Are you talking about me? I ordered my Standard DVD on march 24. None of the items are backordered.

It says on the My Purchases page: "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."

I've got the same, although I ordered first week of May. It may just be a high amount of DVDs going out and them trying to keep up.
  • edited June 2010
    After finally playing the "Earl Boen" chapter 1, I can confirm that there are 2 small dialogue parts which indeed are still from the previous VA who did LeChuck in chapter 1.

I can post a video on youtube if the TTG staff wants to see proof....
  • edited June 2010
    I can post a video on youtube if the TTG staff wants to see proof....

please.
  • edited June 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    I've done a comparison of the three lines in question. The "Boen" versions sound, to me, exactly the same as the original Harrington voice, only the DVD version files have a slightly different audio filter.

My guess? Somehow the Boen versions of these three lines were recorded, but not inserted properly into the game build for some reason.

The "Boen" read of "What?"

The Harrington read of "What?"

The "Boen" read of "As you wish, my love."

The Harrington read of "As you wish, my love."

The "Boen" read of "Arr, the evil of LeChuck is always evolving in new and terrifying ways, Sheepgood."

The Harrington read of "Arr, the evil of LeChuck is always evolving in new and terrifying ways, Sheepgood."

Also, do note that if you install the DVD version of Narwhal, it'll overwrite the old version on your hard drive. So back the files up safely beforehand!

There you go.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.