Ep 5 Waiting Thread; Out May 30th, PS4 EU 31st; FYI: Beware of early spoilers in other TWD threads!

Comments

• David didn't exist at the very early stages of development of original plot,
    "The New Frontier" originally called "The Marauders

These parts are true. The other stuff I can't corroborate, you should post your sources.

max_pain943 posted: »

Also Hector was originally supposed to be Kate's father and he and Mama weren't bitten by Rafa, and Hector along with "Mama" were still aliv

• Well...she cant die nor left in the mist of mystery, so she keeps on living(thang god) and her story continues...that makes sense, are you still with me? After events of first two seasons she didnt enter another dimension or whatever but is still in the same apocalypse...she also has a huge,huge fan base that still care about her so...instead of killing her,Telltale created A New Frontier, that tells the same story that she would experience if she was the playable character. They also tried to make it for newcomers so...that opens door for making Season 4 with her as playable character again without confusing anyone.
    You agree or not?

Chibikid posted: »

Clementine is just an afterthought waste telltale continues to drag along for the sake off half assed fanservice. It's 100% obvious telltale

• I disagree on the argument she can't die since she's not a comic character like Jesus who CAN'T die in the game since he's currently alive in the comics. And the argument they made this for newcomers is comical since all of a sudden after 2 seasons now your going throw away the series and reboot it to newcomers who don't know about the series or invested? More like telltale doing a cop-out and making a unofficial reboot rather than putting the hard WORK and EFFORT into a legitimate S3. And just because she has a large fan base does not mean that's a reason she won't be killed off. Lee,Kenny,Luke and others had decent fan bases which didn't stop telltale from killing them off. In regards to a S4 telltale has said they have no idea if they'll make another season or not. It's blatantly obvious telltale did not make this season with a future seasons in mind let alone focused on clementine.

Fury2014 posted: »

Well...she cant die nor left in the mist of mystery, so she keeps on living(thang god) and her story continues...that makes sense, are you s

• Don't forget about the part 1 and 2 for ties that bind :D

Episode 4: The End Of Days Episode 5: How Hard I Try Clearly false information. Telltale's The Walking Dead has always followed the comic series's trend of three-word episode titles.

• clem was originally planned to fall in love with javi

Javi... Was originally supposed to be a pedophile? Heheheh I gotta snap this to whatever friends I have who play a new frontier (only 1 because my other friends hate the whole series altogether despite not playing or watching it :c

Also Hector was originally supposed to be Kate's father and he and Mama weren't bitten by Rafa, and Hector along with "Mama" were still aliv

• If Javi's going to die they should've called this "The Final Frontier" not "A New Frontier". That kind of finality doesn't match their title. Then again, being misled is commonplace anymore.

There was no point, and Clem is a supporting character this season. Job confirmed this.

• They need to make room for the new season 4 protagonist so newcomers can play

ClemRanger posted: »

I have a terrible feeling they going to kill off Javi.

• True, but looking back on the announcement I kinda feel like they weren't sure where they were going with the game, so I don't want to assume much about where it may be headed.

TJ3046 posted: »

If Javi's going to die they should've called this "The Final Frontier" not "A New Frontier". That kind of finality doesn't match their title. Then again, being misled is commonplace anymore.

• edited May 2017

I might be reading this wrong but do you mean just clem and AJ? Imo that sounds boring as all living hell, but if you mean they will meet a group then good idea

I kinda wish season three was just about Clem and AJ, I reckon that'd be interesting enough with us trying to find AJ throughout the entire season. Plus it'd be a nice nod back to season one with looking after Clem.

• Javi's too badass to die, we've seen how he handles things so I highly doubt it. We can rule off getting bitten unless there is some time skip at the end of episode 5 because it takes 1-2 days to die of the infection, which did not happen in episode 4, thank God. If he does die this season, it will be by that herde of walkers or a new frontier. I can kind of see him sending what's left of his group outside of Richmond, closing the gate and letting the remaining walkers from that herde kill him, or he got lucky and escaped.

ClemRanger posted: »

I have a terrible feeling they going to kill off Javi.

• At what point has Javi ever been a badass? Or even displayed a basic understanding of survival skills?

Melton23 posted: »

Javi's too badass to die, we've seen how he handles things so I highly doubt it. We can rule off getting bitten unless there is some time sk

• edited April 2017

I know, but one wont change anything by dwelling on mistakes they have made. You think I wouldnt rather play legitimate Season 3? Fuck yeah but it wont happen :/ All in all, there arent many options for fans. We either give up on series completely or pay tribute to the legacy of Season 1and to be happy for still having Clementine around. You choose. And I honestly enjoyed Thicker Than Water which I cant say about Ties That Bind Part 2 and Above The Law.

Chibikid posted: »

I disagree on the argument she can't die since she's not a comic character like Jesus who CAN'T die in the game since he's currently alive i

• I know your source, they're a pathological liar. Stop listening to them.

I have my sources

• But those two things are already known. This guy is sprinkling things staff has release mixed with made up spoilers. Ya'll need to stop listening to them lol.

Graysonn posted: »

David didn't exist at the very early stages of development of original plot, "The New Frontier" originally called "The Marauders These parts are true. The other stuff I can't corroborate, you should post your sources.

• It could be just be a case of Precocious Crush, you know.

clem was originally planned to fall in love with javi Javi... Was originally supposed to be a pedophile? Heheheh I gotta snap this t

• edited May 2017

Fucking hell I have to make another list? Not even gonna bullet point it, too time consuming to get the fuckers to not mess up.
    Tells Mariana where to hide when she is in trouble, it worked.
    Takes out that group other walkers with a pistol and a knife in a cool looking way.
    In my case, sticks a pair of lawn trimmers into a guy's neck while also avoiding getting shot.
    Survives the blast from a pipe bomb, even when you chose to shield clem instead of throwing it back.
    Sticks his gun into the mouth of a walker and blows it's head off.
    Uses a dumpster to get a better leverage over the walkers and climb to safety.
    Takes out a bunch of walkers in a dark tunnel, even while running at the same time, meaning he can easily aim and shoot with great accuracy while the target is moving and he is moving himself.
    He managed to grab a squirming dead kid and throw him off his back, even though it was a kid it still would have been hard seeing as it wrapped it's arms around shoulders.
    After getting grabbed by a walker, getting his weapon knocked out of his hand and having those 2 walkers close in on him, he still managed to get them both off and could have potentially killed them if clem wouldn't have taken the bat, which she didn't need to do at all not sure why she did that but she did.
    Fights badger, eventually winning even after getting slapped across the face with a wrench and having his head slammed through glass (winning that fight was incredibly badass considering those 2 things had just happened to him) better yet he survived it and just shrugged it off like it never happened,Veblen if there were glass shards sticking into his skin or whatever.
    And he manages to dodge getting shit at by the new frontier, while taking out most of their soldiers as well as determinantly saving David from being hanged at the same time.

Now if these aren't enough badass moments or good enough survival skills for you then I don't know what is. [Mod edit: Redacted; Stop insulting users]

Plan_R posted: »

At what point has Javi ever been a badass? Or even displayed a basic understanding of survival skills?

• Heh, I've just never known of a guy who was in his mid to late 20's have a legitimate relationship with a 13 year old and it was not considered as creepy by anyone else :3

DabigRG posted: »

It could be just be a case of Precocious Crush, you know.

• Ok the one survival skill you listed amounts to run and hide. Hell I know that, its not impressive at all. As for the standard action scenes you listed, none of that makes him in any way a badass. It makes him a character in a substandard point and click action adventure game thats it. Being considered a badass would require doing something that goes beyond Pushing/Pulling things, making easy shots, or winning a one on one fight.

Sorry if I have standards, or when people make really stupid statments I ask them to back it up. If that makes me an asshole, then I guess that puts you and me in the same boat. So bunch up, your taking up too much space.

Fucking hell I have to make another list? Not even gonna bullet point it, too time consuming to get the fuckers to not mess up. Tells Maria

• I love how this makes it look like even he's ready for this to be over.

https://twitter.com/TWDGameNews/status/858818137017516032

• edited April 2017

Doesn't matter what you say about Javier's character in general, but Jeff Schine does an amazing job voicing him.

• I agree, I honestly really enjoy the voice acting in ANF in general. It's a shame that such talented actors are being given such subpar material to work with.

Findagon posted: »

Doesn't matter what you say about Javier's character in general, but Jeff Schine does an amazing job voicing him.

• Nono she's just a magic cat in a Box

the cat's name is Kirjava btw
    anybody got it?... no? C'mon, I thought HDM was a popular book!

Ok but she's Schrödinger's Kate... bot alive and dead until the Box is open... the Box is Episodie 5.

Batteries posted: »

Kate is also dead.

• You just gave me a Life Is Strange flashback why just hay mr jeffershit

Kate, please help these non-believers.

• Hmm, he kinda looks like Javier.

• That look when your ready for this game to be over for good.

• edited April 2017

OMG, the way he is looking is creeping me out. He should voice a character from a horror game, that'd be awesome.

• He's good. I'm hoping if they do future installments he's back with some better material. He makes Javi pretty likable.

• I hoping he dies in this one, and we are gonna play as Clemy again and took care of AJ by playing only as Clemy in Season 4
    P:S I'm also hoping for playable Clemy in ANF in a few DLC episodes, if DLC's will be at all!

• Thats the voice actor for Javi??? DAMNNNNN

• Look at this legendary man!

• Albino? Are you saying Clem is Albino?
    Your stuff getting worse here lol.

Awww fucking idiot -.- that is like saying that apple white people are mix between albino and white, they are fucking not.

• You think running into that herde of walkers was a better idea? You wouldn't make it 4 hours if that was the case, and I'm counting his usage of the environment as survival skills.

Plan_R posted: »

Ok the one survival skill you listed amounts to run and hide. Hell I know that, its not impressive at all. As for the standard action scenes

• [removed]

Bonbon80 posted: »

Albino? Are you saying Clem is Albino? Your stuff getting worse here lol.

• I hope I hear more from him in the future. He is a good voice actor.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I haven't checked for a couple of days so i don't know exactly when it was added but episode 5 has been rated by New Zealand.

enter image description here

http://www.fvlb.org.nz/nz/pages/publication-details.html?title=200788

• edited May 2017

You can't stay what you ain't.

AronDracula posted: »

Kate, please stay dead

• I'm hoping for 16 may. The episode is done, it's rated and is ready to be out. I'm liking this season so far and I hope the ending brings the season 1 feels just like it did in season 2.

OzzyUK posted: »

I haven't checked for a couple of days so i don't know exactly when it was added but episode 5 has been rated by New Zealand. http://www.fvlb.org.nz/nz/pages/publication-details.html?title=200788

• Same! I thought episode 4 was amazing! One of my favourite episodes Telltale has ever made.

And I'm super excited for the finale. This is actually the first time I've been here to discuss theories for a Telltale finale before it releases.

Ah hey man, I remember you! My personal opinion of ANF is that Episodes 1 and 2 were very disappointing, but I actually really enjoyed Episodes 3 and 4. I'm honestly excited for the finale, I hope David wasn't lying about AJ.

• Still better than Ellie 2.0

Because Javi doesn't sound like something you'd call a 9 year old lol. The Garcias are boring af because we've seen this story before.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.