Ep 5 Waiting Thread; Out May 30th, PS4 EU 31st; FYI: Beware of early spoilers in other TWD threads!

Comments

• 99% of players chose to shoot yourself as Gabe.

Bonbon80 posted: »

Lol! Omg perhaps we will have to play as Gabe!

• Let's hope nothing bad happens to Days Gone and The Last of Us 2.

AronDracula posted: »

OMG, why did my most anticipated games become disappointing? First ANF, now Outlast 2. That game was very disappointing.

• And Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Crash Bandicoot Remake.

fallandir posted: »

Let's hope nothing bad happens to Days Gone and The Last of Us 2.

• I am really exciting for the last of us 2.

• edited April 2017

Nope, they work secretly on the new concept. Like they already did of ANF during the release of season 2.

There are more games. I am waiting for game of thrones 2

Chibikid posted: »

Doesn't sound like another season is a priority for telltale or even being entertained at the moment.

• So am I, but at the same time I'm genuinely worried.

I am really exciting for the last of us 2.

• ...and you know this... how?

ANF concept was done years ago. They just rewrote some details as they do usually.

• Because it takes time to plan out a story, create characters, and make in-game models.

...and you know this... how?

• edited April 2017

I honestly think that was just an oversight in the character design. How in anyway is Clementine's father relevant to the overall context of the story? It doesn't even fit in with Clementine's side-plot or character arch.

I agree. I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal out of Clementine's ethnicity when there is such thing as lighter tone Africans.

For the next season, Telltale should focus on making a quality story rather than going into detail about how clem might of had a step-dad and learning her last name.

Batteries posted: »

I guess so, but I think it's foolish to be disappointed if we don't learn anything.

• You talking about me??

hesif posted: »

Poor newcomers wouldn't understand

• Don't disappoint yourself.

I'll be extremely grateful for a 2 hour episode.

Still waiting for my 7 Hours episode...

• Let's hope nothing bad happens to The Last of Us 2.

Remember, this is Naughty Dog we're talking about, it's gonna be great!

• and Crash Bandicoot Remake.

Maybe my most anticipated game of 2017. I can't wait for it.
    (Once I finished TLOU, then TLOU 2 will probably take it's place.)

There is really no way for them to mess it up, right? I mean, it's got the exact same level design and gameplay from the originals, and people have already played it and it's apparently great. (Oops, going off topic. Sorry)

And Uncharted The Lost Legacy, Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Crash Bandicoot Remake.

• You're right. I should have mentioned something else.

Acheive250 posted: »

and Crash Bandicoot Remake. Maybe my most anticipated game of 2017. I can't wait for it. (Once I finished TLOU, then TLOU 2 will pr

• Silently prays to dontnod to not fuck up LiS Season 2

OMG, why did my most anticipated games become disappointing? First ANF, now Outlast 2. That game was very disappointing.

• edited April 2017

She doesn't even look like lighter tone African.
    She has too much Asian and Caucasian facial features.

Veeeee posted: »

I honestly think that was just an oversight in the character design. How in anyway is Clementine's father relevant to the overall context of

• How would you know if it would be his last or not?

Because its typical for people to say " I will never buy from this company again" until they come out with something else that entices them and/or gets good buzz. So yeah, he thinks this is his last telltale game, but its not ;)

They gave up on their fans, we gave up on them.

Translation: they didn't make the game that i wanted, so screw them, they don't care about the fans!

How would you know if it would be his last or not? That's right, you don't - but he does. I know one thing, it's definitely my last unles

• Thats their fault.

Chibikid posted: »

People forget that people pre-ordered this product for whatever reason.

• Yes it is their fault for ordering a product they liked and wanted to play that ended up being bad. Not to mention telltales false advertising and lying about the product was a big factor which they didn't admit until right before it released or remained silent.

Thats their fault.

• I think one off character stories would be a good thing. Telltale has shown (at least so far, based on this one series) that they do have trouble handling long-term choices and story. Maybe having each new season focus on a new character, in a different part of the world during the apocalypse would give a good fresh look on the Walking Dead.

I like this season, but it hasn't been the best out of all of them.

Chibikid said: Javier is the new main character of the series now for good or worse. Who said that was the case? I think it's mor

• PLOT TWIST: Clementine can shapeshift.

It is fucking stupid 2 black peoples got a child with Asian complexion in season 1. There Clementine looks more like a kid from Eleanor and

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I honestly think that was just an oversight in the character design.

This is the most likely reason as the art designer David Sakai based Clementine around his daughter, David is Asian and so is his daughter which is why she likely has Asian features.

Creating Clementine

Her parents also factored into creating her iconic blue-and-white baseball hat with the letter “D.” Vanaman wanted Clementine to have something she held onto as a constant reminder of her parents and their impact on her. After talking to Sakai, the idea for the hat was born. Sakai drew inspiration for much of Clementine’s design from his young daughter, who wears a similar cap. “She’s got a crazy sense of fashion that oddly translates well into the world of The Walking Dead. My daughter won’t accept advice from anyone when it comes to her outfits. For example, she’ll combine her favorite dress with her older brother’s baseball cap and then refuse any shoes at all,” Sakai says. “Clementine doesn’t have parents to tell her what to wear, so her outfits needed to reflect a child’s idea of appropriate clothing.”

Batteries posted: »

I honestly think that was just an oversight in the character design. How in anyway is Clementine's father relevant to the overall context of the story? It doesn't even fit in with Clementine's side-plot or character arch.

• edited April 2017

Super old, but man does it feel good to see this in high res.

enter image description here

Credit to Clem_Is_Awesome

• edited April 2017

Time to teach you some science. Did you know that you can take more genetics from one parent from another? It isn't always 50/50? And if you are a female you have a higher chance of taking more from your mother and if you are a male you have a higher chance of taking them from your father? Besides, I've een over this before, just because her eyes used to squint, which they do not now, that does not mean she is Asian or Native American, I know 2 people irl who have squinty eyes and they aren't full Asian, half Asian, quarter Asian and eighth Asian or anything. So assuming that you have to have squinty eyes to be Asian or Native American is quite stereotypical imo and what the shit does my skin colour have to do with anything? I'm a mix between black and white leaning moreover to the white side btw. Just because I'm frustrated that you can grasp the basics of genetics just annoys me.

You were arguing about her being pure black before. She definately looks part Asian, but it might be Native American instead of Asian. C

• enter image description here

Same skin color my ass. Next time think about what you say before proven wrong again. And don't go assuming people's faces because of what they say. It it considered as racist by most people these days.

You were arguing about her being pure black before. She definately looks part Asian, but it might be Native American instead of Asian. C

• edited April 2017

[removed]

• It's called game design. Look it up

It is fucking stupid 2 black peoples got a child with Asian complexion in season 1. There Clementine looks more like a kid from Eleanor and

• Does anyone know why Javier hasn't gotten new frontier mark on his neck yet? Is it even gonna happen as it is shown in teaser?

• I believe Job Stauffer said that the teaser was created before the narrative was finalized, it technically isn't canon, it was just to stir up hype for ANF.

Fury2014 posted: »

Does anyone know why Javier hasn't gotten new frontier mark on his neck yet? Is it even gonna happen as it is shown in teaser?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I doubt it will happen now as we are close to the end plus the teaser was non-canon so they likely used it just to show the new frontier logo.

Does anyone know why Javier hasn't gotten new frontier mark on his neck yet? Is it even gonna happen as it is shown in teaser?

• Well thank you both for clarification

OzzyUK posted: »

I doubt it will happen now as we are close to the end plus the teaser was non-canon so they likely used it just to show the new frontier logo.

• You're very welcome.

Well thank you both for clarification

• Lesson learned. Don't go buying games until you know you will like it for sure.

$24.99 is. I've never been the wasteful type anyway. I want to squeeze every bit of content I can out of this bad ideal of a purchase.

• Why do I have a big ass feeling clem is killing herself next episode? I predicted the period scene from the episode 1 talk in the van, and what clem was telling Javier in episode 4 makes me worry. When she is stitching his arm, she says "that's what keeps me going. There's things I have to stay alive to do". Meaning sh head to stay alive to keep AJ save and that is what is keeping her alive. In above the law, she did not know for certain that AJ was dead but just assumed it. What if AJ is dead next episode and clem commits suicide because of it?

• She's thought he was dead since episode 1 so I don't think she will. It would really piss me off she did.

Melton23 posted: »

Why do I have a big ass feeling clem is killing herself next episode? I predicted the period scene from the episode 1 talk in the van, and w

• She didn't see his dead body or something, so that's a difference.

AgentZ46 posted: »

She's thought he was dead since episode 1 so I don't think she will. It would really piss me off she did.

• Ahh, I remember those days... When this image was first leaked and the forum went crazy... Good times...

Also, does that ever happen? You never play in Prescott at day time, right?

Super old, but man does it feel good to see this in high res. Credit to Clem_Is_Awesome

• Hey, man. Remember me? We talked quite a bit about ANF before it came out.

I was wondering, what do you think of the game so far? I know you were really excited for it.

You're very welcome.

• Pretty sure it's just a concept poster

Acheive250 posted: »

Ahh, I remember those days... When this image was first leaked and the forum went crazy... Good times... Also, does that ever happen? You never play in Prescott at day time, right?

• edited May 2017

She doesn't look African dear buddy. Get over this.
    I feel I have a discussion with a kid. I know more about genetics than you do.
    The people you talked about were part Turkish, and Turks are Asian. Smart guy.
    Clem looks more from different race than her mom who looks more Creole or Afro Asian.

Melton23 posted: »

Time to teach you some science. Did you know that you can take more genetics from one parent from another? It isn't always 50/50? And if you

Sign in to comment in this discussion.