Ep 5 Waiting Thread; Out May 30th, PS4 EU 31st; FYI: Beware of early spoilers in other TWD threads!

Comments

• WHAT DA FUCK?!

Vaxij posted: »

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/869639598611152896

• More like a couple of years

captainivy1 posted: »

We'll see in a couple of hours, wont we?

• Yeah good point but this always happens on PS with telltale

AronDracula posted: »

They don't care about their fans anymore, trust me. Like Monkey said, we are in minority. EDIT: It might have been because PS4 got an update for the system. Just a clue

• But I downloaded Episode 4 during midnight.

Yeah good point but this always happens on PS with telltale

• It's not necessarily throwing the blame, but calmly explaining the situation to people who may not understand how this stuff works and don't fully know the going ons behind the scenes to get this stuff out to the public. I would actually respect Telltale a lot more if they admit to a possible screw up on their part, and I think a few others would agree with me on that, so long as they take the steps to avoid making the same mistake again.

Batteries posted: »

It's bad for sales if you blame yourself and it's a bad idea to throw the blame off to another company like Sony if you blame them. Also, th

• You know why it was scrapped?

Jayroen posted: »

Well the slaughterhouse got scrapped from the story so yeah that would have been cool to see but the trailer was never canon to begin with, just a showcase to introduce Javi and Clem.

• What are you all talking about? It's STILL not on IOS or PS4

CocaColin posted: »

We live in a world where iOS gets the episode before PS4, and that's a world I just don't wanna be a part of. ._.

• This angers me because I have a youtube channel and my followers wanted to see me play this game, now i cannot play it on the release date. How long is it going to take them to leave and go to another youtube channel to watch it? This is costing me not just money, but a pain in my ass because i bought this season pass, so why in the hell is Jackseptic playing this and I can't?

• Episode 3 and 4 and I think 1 and 2 came on time on PS4 I downloaded episode 4 at midnight too I watching the AMC walking dead then I went onto the store and saw episode 4, it came out 30 minutes after it shows should have done so what the fuck is wrong this time?!

AronDracula posted: »

But I downloaded Episode 4 during midnight.

• Big surprise. The episode isn't available yet..

Once again Telltale has found a way to piss me off. How you can fuck up a finale's release is beyond me. At least Youtuber's were able to receive their copies on time a day before release. Bunch of idiots

• Not all of us Youtubers got it, just the ones already established. Hmmm I calll BS on this

Wigams posted: »

Big surprise. The episode isn't available yet.. Once again Telltale has found a way to piss me off. How you can fuck up a finale's rele

• By youtuber's i mean the bigger channels that usually get most games early.

Vendablebow posted: »

Not all of us Youtubers got it, just the ones already established. Hmmm I calll BS on this

• I knew what you meant, just find it odd. I emailed tell tale and they said they are working on it and are aware of the situation. I was going to record on a ps4 but if I have to buy the PC version i guess I can.. feel like they are over reaching for cash at this point. They did this on purpose.

Wigams posted: »

By youtuber's i mean the bigger channels that usually get most games early.

• edited May 2017

He has privileges considering he has 16 million subscribers so TTG will gain a lot of publicity by having the majority of viewers being on his channel before smaller ones...so therefore TTG will be at a financial advantage.

To be blunt, you have 300 subs so to TTG you're not worthy of an early release date, plus anybody could make a YouTube channel and then claim they deserve an early release date which simply is not how it works.

This angers me because I have a youtube channel and my followers wanted to see me play this game, now i cannot play it on the release date.

• I didn't say I deserve an early release date, I am saying I deserve to have the episode on the date of release if I paid them for a season pass. Not hating on Jack at all, just saying I paid for this, where is my Episode?

ZombiePizza posted: »

He has privileges considering he has 16 million subscribers so TTG will gain a lot of publicity by having the majority of viewers being on h

• How can a game-release in 2017 still be that much of a mess? Amateurs.

• The premiere was two rushed pieces of trash. Then episode 3 was leaked nearly 2 weeks before release. Now the finale isnt available when they said it would be.

Happy to never give Telltale another cent. I hope this failure of a season does them in because it was so horrendously disrespectful to the series and it's fans.

• I was simply answering your question of why Jacksepticeye gets to play it before you.

You say that you payed for the season pass to get on on the release date when in actual fact you purchased the season pass before you knew the release date for episode 5 so it's not like you were promised a strict release date from the get go.

We're all in the same boat here, the only ones who have any privelege in terms of when they play it is big YouTubers everything else that prevents any of us from playing it before the majority of others is completely unintentional and not worth getting irritated by, we'll all have it within the next 24 hours. :)

I didn't say I deserve an early release date, I am saying I deserve to have the episode on the date of release if I paid them for a season pass. Not hating on Jack at all, just saying I paid for this, where is my Episode?

• Fair enough. :D

I was simply answering your question of why Jacksepticeye gets to play it before you. You say that you payed for the season pass to get o

• I played Episode 2 and 3 again today. It crashed 3 times and there were graphical bugs all throughout episode 3

I love ANF.

• I'm just gonna drop this comment in here to mix things up a bit.

I don't care that Telltale are having some problems with their release dates, it's literally 24 hours. Those of us that waited patiently for 3 years for this season aren't honestly going to have a tantrum over a mere day right?

I still love and respect them as a company and to those that don't anymore, why are you so mad that you have to wait a little longer to play a game you supposedly despise?

I also love A New Frontier and have faith that episode 5 will be fantastic.

That is all, you can go back to being angry and telling everyone how you'll never buy another TellTale game ever again now.

• Ok let's not pretend that this is the first problem with ANF. Most people have had enough after 6 months of mishandling the series.

I'm just gonna drop this comment in here to mix things up a bit. I don't care that Telltale are having some problems with their release d

• I don't mind the situation that much at all, what bothers me is the lack of communication. An update on what's happening would be nice :/ an apology for the delay or something but nothing.

I'm just gonna drop this comment in here to mix things up a bit. I don't care that Telltale are having some problems with their release d

• The problem is the lack of communication. Why can't they just tell us the problems with the release and at least send us an apology for the delay?

• I am not pretending that this is the first problem with ANF...I've seen and heard plenty of complaints about the game from a bunch of different people since the first two episodes released.

None of it really bothers me though, I like ANF. Not as much as seasons 1 and 2 due to the length and the fact Gabe is in it but I wouldn't go as far as to say...

The premiere was two rushed pieces of trash.

or that I'm...

Happy to never give TellTale another cent.

or that...

I hope this failure of a season does them in.

I'm just overjoyed that this series will inevitably continue.

Ok let's not pretend that this is the first problem with ANF. Most people have had enough after 6 months of mishandling the series.

• I dont value opinion of these people...They are either complaining or hating and feeding each other with what they want to hear...same thing over and over, how telltale fxDcked up etc. I am leaving this community.
    enter image description here

WilliamBinnington said: Fury just shut up please. Let's please avoid personal attacks. Thanks.

• edited May 2017

I'm sure you're both mature enough to just accept that it'll be out within the next 24 hours without needing an apology or to be told that there is indeed a delay for whatever reason.

MayorMilk posted: »

I don't mind the situation that much at all, what bothers me is the lack of communication. An update on what's happening would be nice an apology for the delay or something but nothing.

• I can wait, I have no problem with that. Still pissed about this lack of communication. Literally any other company would apologize or give the reason as to why this is happening or give some sort of update. I'm genuinely shocked that they just haven't said anything.

I'm sure you're both mature enough to just accept that it'll be out within the next 24 hours without needing an apology or to be told that there is indeed a delay for whatever reason.

• edited May 2017

That has always been my issue with Telltale. They give you time frames and release dates and when the s**t hits the fan you hear crickets. If the game is delayed a day just say that instead of leaving your fan base pissed off and wondering what's going on. I don't think there's been this late of a delay on the scheduled release date in all 3 seasons of me playing (not to mention the Michonne series). Communication is key, Telltale. I don't think that's asking too much.

• Well, I am kind of nitpicking here, but, when Batman episode 3 was supposed to release, it was supposed to release everywhere all at the same time. Thing is, in the middle of the day, the North America release for Ps4 was delayed by a day, and other regions even more.
    It was very surprising and unexpected. I wasn't furious or anything, but I was disappointed.

Why? How long did it take for Batman EP 3 to come out? I bought it like 2 months after it came out. There is some beauty of not waiting for episodes then if something went down.

• So are we expecting tomorrow for PS4 NA or possibly later tonight?

• One of the episodes of Michonne was delayed almost a week for PS3 EU, I seem to recall. I think it was 5-6 days, but at least TT apologized.

pisceslass posted: »

That has always been my issue with Telltale. They give you time frames and release dates and when the s**t hits the fan you hear crickets.

• I would also like to know this but unfortunately they're not telling us anything

So are we expecting tomorrow for PS4 NA or possibly later tonight?

• If we don't get it within the next two or four hours, I'd just automatically assume a midnight release since I know some people on these forums who were able to download episodes at midnight. I also saw a post on reddit a few hours ago that said they had called a PSN rep and the rep said to expect it at midnight (timezone wasn't specificed but hopefully 9pm PST to keep to the original May 30th release date)

If it's not at midnight... it would seriously be frustrating and a total joke for a 2017 release :/

So are we expecting tomorrow for PS4 NA or possibly later tonight?

• Alright 5-10 minutes left, then it is midnight, and if it hasn't released then, I'm goin' to bed. And I swear to Satan, if the episode ain't up when I'm waking up, I will pee in my hat and send it to Jesus.

• People have reported it's available on iOS now.

What are you all talking about? It's STILL not on IOS or PS4

• enter image description here

Alright 5-10 minutes left, then it is midnight, and if it hasn't released then, I'm goin' to bed. And I swear to Satan, if the episode ain't up when I'm waking up, I will pee in my hat and send it to Jesus.

• Its out guys on the PSN Store :D

• Okay thanks for letting me know. I've been avoiding reddit all day so i didn't get the info. I'll plan for tonight if this is true

Chibiki posted: »

If we don't get it within the next two or four hours, I'd just automatically assume a midnight release since I know some people on these for

• I got an hour til 12 in my country i really hope its up i just want to play it already

Alright 5-10 minutes left, then it is midnight, and if it hasn't released then, I'm goin' to bed. And I swear to Satan, if the episode ain't up when I'm waking up, I will pee in my hat and send it to Jesus.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.