Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    Then we just have the regular 6-8 weeks of shipping time and then we'll finally have the bloody MI stuff.
    My last TTG order took me 5 days to reach.
    And I am over in Europe.

The shipping time will probably be really short...
  • edited May 2010
    Last (and the only) time I ordered something from America, it was here (Netherlands) in a week. It wasn't from TellTale though.
  • edited May 2010
    this is for you guys if you haven't watched it yet, saw it on youtube... enough for the complaints first and have yourself relaxed while watching this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zut3bcFWjQo&feature=related - Prequel of Monkey Island trailer XD
  • edited May 2010
    that was pretty cool
  • edited May 2010
    It's getting ready to ship, check your status. :D

*does 3 backflips*
  • edited May 2010
    Erm...not so much.

status.png

Did you just get the standard DVD?
  • edited May 2010
    I have the same thing as Guru, plus soundtrack CDs. Maybe it the Deluxe edition or the Voodoo cards that are backordered right now, but the DVD's ready. Either way, that's cool, Catfish, do you have a screenshot so we know what it says?
  • edited May 2010
    I have the Standard Edition. Check back tomorrow maybe they'll be working on it.

Oh and I wish I could take a screenshot :\ I don't have a program for it right now though.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    I have the Standard Edition. Check back tomorrow maybe they'll be working on it.

Oh and I wish I could take a screenshot :\ I don't have a program for it right now though.

what OS do you have? If it's windows, you just need to click "print screen" then paste in paint or something.
  • edited May 2010
    One or more items are backordered. Your order will ship when all items are in stock.

Mine is still backordered. Must be the T-Shirt, or the Poster print I suppose. Those and the deluxe edition are the three things in that invoice order.
  • edited May 2010
    Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.

I ordered standard.
  • edited May 2010
    I'm going to guess that the Deluxe Edition is what's not ready, since that seems to be the only thing we all have in common (those who still have it backordered). Of course it could also be several different things.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    what OS do you have? If it's windows, you just need to click "print screen" then paste in paint or something.

dvdd.jpg
    There we go. Thanks Avistew I learned something tonight. :)
    edit: btw I already have tons of pirate stuff soooo. heh
  • edited May 2010
    Must be since I still have it back-ordered and all I have is the Deluxe, no cards or anything.
  • edited May 2010
    Cool, let's all dance to the change of status!

*dances*

EDIT: :guybrush: :winslow:
  • edited May 2010

*dances*

Aye! /dance. Grogs all around :p
  • edited May 2010
    Must be since I still have it back-ordered and all I have is the Deluxe, no cards or anything.

Okay, then now to narrow it down even more: who here has preordered (and therefore gets the slipcase) but ordered the normal edition, and what's your order's status like?
  • edited May 2010

*dances*

:winslow::guybrush:
  • edited May 2010
    :winslow::guybrush:

Ohhh so that's how you do that? Neat.

:guybrush: :winslow:
  • edited May 2010
    oh god, ive created a monster!
  • edited May 2010
    LOL Mwwwwaaaahahhahhahhh. :D :o :)

:winslow:
  • edited May 2010
    oh god, ive created a monster!
    You mean
    < (EDIT: Eh... at your avatar, not mine)
    ?
  • edited May 2010
    You mean
    image.php?u=17289&dateline=1274972707<?

fix'd
  • edited May 2010
    I have just the standard DVD (without fancy schmancy slipcover) and it's getting processed and will ship soon too.
  • edited May 2010
    'Hi Charlie,
    We're still awaiting the Monkey deluxe edition, not all the components are in. We hope to receive inventory in the next couple of weeks and we will ship shortly thereafter.

Cheers,
    bonnie'

... this is the today-reply for my request to Telltale please to refund my $49.95 deducted March 18th 10 years ago ...

I can hardly wait another xxx number of weeks ...

When I pre-order from other companies, they do not take my money months in advance, but when they ship product ...
  • edited May 2010
    FOR GOD'S SAKE! If you don't understand what pre-order means when you pay for it, then DON'T! It means it will be out IN THE FUTURE! Not straight away! Paying first means you don't have the hassle of paying later! You probably would have paid for it if you had to pay when it came out, at the same time, anyway! So STOP COMPLAINING, the only difference I see is you paid earlier!
  • edited May 2010
    Not to mention that in a situation like this, some people might pay with a debit card, and if payment was collected at the time of shipping, the card might not have the necessary funds on it by the time shipping rolled around. Or the card that was used for the order may have expired by the time the order shipped.

Or, you know, all that pre-order money could be going towards actually producing the items.

Anyway, this is a fairly unique sort of pre-ordering situation, so I don't know what "other companies" you're comparing to.

But then, you're not listening to anything anyone has to say here, so I find that I don't really care.
  • edited May 2010
    Why even bother replying to obvious trolls like that charlie guy?
    People like him are the reason there is a burn warning on cups of coffee.
  • edited May 2010
    I must admit, I am a tiny bit disappointed I have to wait another few weeks, but A TRUE FAN DOESN'T ASK FOR A REFUND IF THEIR ORDER IS DELAYED! THEY TAKE IT LIKE A TRUE PIRATE! AARGH, THESE WHINERS WHINE LIKE DAIRY FARMERS!

I would've liked it sooner, but the wait will be compensated for when my goodies come!
  • edited May 2010
    iznigoe wrote: »
    Why even bother replying to obvious trolls like that charlie guy?
    People like him are the reason there is a burn warning on cups of coffee.

I don't know. Common sense says to stop feeding the troll, but when someone's acting like such an idiot, it's hard to resist trying to give them a verbal punch in the face.
  • edited May 2010
    I think pre-orders make more sense when you pay first. Because then they use that money to make the stuff. But in this case, you only paid for shipping anyway, not for the DVD, so...
    Well, I guess you paid for the merch.

Still, you always have the option not to pre-order if you don't want to pay until it's out.
  • edited May 2010
    Actually, I think this is someone who didn't buy the game until the DVD was available for pre-order, so he paid for the whole thing.
  • edited May 2010
    Still, you always have the option not to pre-order if you don't want to pay until it's out.

Exactly!
  • edited May 2010
    Today I received an email (I paid $49.95 on March 18th on basis that DVD super duper Deluxe absent or whatever vapour-ware [had already paid £25 to Steam to play it last year]} to effect that Telltale are gatthering in the next few weeks a 'few more bits' before they will despatch what we paid for for months ago.

I find it amusing that people want to pay months in advance for unreceived items, but find it more amusing to pay for something I receive.
  • edited May 2010
    what?
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, yes, because it was put up for PRE-order two months ago and is actually starting to ship now, it's vaporware.

No.

This is not Duke Nukem Forever. This is not the Phantom. This is not vaporware. You paid in advance for an item that did not exist yet so that you would receive it as soon as possible once it did exist. If that's not something you're comfortable with, THEN DON'T BUY IT UNTIL IT'S OUT.

What's really retarded about this is that you're starting to make a fuss about this as the thing is in its FINAL STAGES OF RELEASE.

People like you are what make quiet people like me snap and go on violent rampages. I'm going to bed. Highway and Avistew, keep this troll in line for me, will you?
  • edited May 2010
    we'll try, but it's an impossible feat
  • edited May 2010
    I am obviously sorry to disturb your connived rip-off scam, but I paid years ago for Monkey Island 1-4/received them on floppy/DVDs or whatever-played them/enjoy them/have them.

Last year, obviously not being as used to being ripped-off as you all are, I heard that Monkey 5 was out, and foolishly via the internet paid £24.99 UK to play/enjoy it via what turns out to be 'Steam' ...

Recently (over 2 months ago) I paid $49-95 to receive in APRIL this year Deluxe TOMI on DVDs etc.

It is May 28th, and your pirate company say that it will be a few more weeks before they might despatch that for which I/maybe you have paid.
  • edited May 2010
    I give up. You're a moron, and if you do succeed in getting your refund, then it's your loss. Next time, don't buy if you see the words "pre-order", wait until the thing is released. Then you won't have anything to complain about, and we won't have to listen to it.

Goodnight, everyone.
  • edited May 2010
    None of us have been ripped of by Telltale! It is called a mother f&*%ing PREORDER!!!!!

You didn't pay to recieve it in april, telltale said it would be shipping out "sometime in may" and they never specified what the deluxe would take

and telltale is the most generous company ive ever come across: definitely not a pirate company

Am I able to request a ban for this idiot?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.