Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    That being said, Telltale has had a history of treating it's loyal fans worse than other gamers who are complete strangers.

1 - Releasing Sam and Max early for Ipad

2 - Adding PS3 exclusive content to Sam and Max, and then not updating ep1 for PC users

3 - Releasing the Earl Boen revoice for Mac Only, then taking months and months to apply a simple patch to the PC version.

4 - Having Standard Edition ready before Deluxe

5 - Having HUGE sales for a preordered item before the item has even been finished, meaning loyal fans who bought it instantly pay twice as much.

Wow, that's a lot of horrible stuff. I feel with you.
    Meanwhile, in Africa...
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    I agree with GuruGuru (as I have all throughout this thread).

Charliestumpy, just please shutup and leave the forums. Honestly, we don't want impatient, whiny, annoying, attention-seeking, idiotic, moronic, ignorant trolls here, so you might as well just leave if your not planning to start acting like an adult rather than a three-year old who is refused a chocolate until after dinner. Waiting isn't a hard thing to do. I hope you do ask for a refund, because I don't think that you deserve the items after all of the figurative bile you've spewed onto the pages this thread.

Go irritate the people in some other forum.

He's been gone for a good 2 pages now.

Also, get off your ass and play the banned game already!
  • edited May 2010
    He's been gone for a good 2 pages now.

Also, get off your ass and play the banned game already!

Yeah, I just realized. Deleted.
  • edited May 2010
    oh, great. now i look like a weirdo with a random post!

and i still waiting for the banned game to heat up!
  • edited May 2010
    That being said, Telltale has had a history of treating it's loyal fans worse than other gamers who are complete strangers.

2 - Adding PS3 exclusive content to Sam and Max, and then not updating ep1 for PC users

3 - Releasing the Earl Boen revoice for Mac Only, then taking months and months to apply a simple patch to the PC version.

5 - Having HUGE sales for a preordered item before the item has even been finished, meaning loyal fans who bought it instantly pay twice as much.

Wow, now that I've seen this list, its really opened my eyes up a little.
    1- I can see why Telltale did this as a business. I do.
    2- I can also see why they did this, that way they dont have to update the ps3 once its all done, and I'm sure the PC version will be much more polished.
    3- This, I don't see an excuse for.
    4- I'm okay with this too, I'm sure it won't take too much longer.

On their own the decisions Telltale have made have been reasonable, but giving us free coupons and things just ain't going to cut it anymore, I'm sorry to say. I really do hope Telltale come back with the service they're famous for.
  • edited May 2010
    oh, great. now i look like a weirdo with a random post!

Not really. You're safe as long as you've got me quoted.
  • edited May 2010
    Hey I think The Highway has gone insane hes talking to him self with random posts o_0
  • edited May 2010
    Hey I think The Highway has gone insane...

You've only just reached this conclusion? :D
  • edited May 2010
    You've only just reached this conclusion? :D

yeah, i though everyone knew this! hell, haven't you seen my multiple personality that killed GinnyN's imaginary friend?
  • edited May 2010

The reason for all of these things, clearly, is that Telltale hates us all and is out to screw us over in every way they possibly can, and that they are, in fact, inhuman monsters who want nothing more than to inflict undue suffering upon us.

This is the only logical conclusion.

:rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    Or they are making many mistakes and are making too many assumptions of when the DVD will be ready and then are telling the people who bought them that it will be ready at that time. Just because they aren't doing this to hurt anyone doesn't make all this excusable. They should not give a newsletter saying it is on track for the end of the month and then say it will be a few more weeks. I would understand if it was a day or two, but a few weeks, that is a bit off the estimate.
  • edited May 2010

1) Having it available at launch for ipod probably tripled their sales for that version. If it wasn't, it would have to struggle to be seen against all the shovelware that inevitably came later.

2)Well, the PS3 users Are paying more, and they are getting the episodes later.

3)The fact that they were letting Mac owners upgrade for free, and the fact that they bothered to re-record the lines shows how dedicated TTG are to their fans. They have said before that the Earl Boen voice will be on the DVD, so you aren't losing out.

4)Maybe thats because they're under immense pressure from people like you. If they didn't ship something out soon, they would garner more anger from fans. This way some people at least are getting something. Also don't forget, the DVD was a free extra (even with free shipping if you pre-orderd Sam&max, or bought over stuff, which most people would have done anyway)

5)Steam is just as guilty as TTG. It's business. If you don't like it, wait for these sales.

TTG's treats their fans better than most companies do, interacting, joking with their fanbase on a regular basis. They go the extra mile with the DVD's, listen to feedback, and offer incentives both to newcomers, and oldtimers alike to stay fans.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh for crying out loud. Why do you constantly argue with this one person. Let him alone, ignore him, whatever. Just don't keep feeding him. It's ridiculous that there are over 20 pages probably just of this argument.
  • edited May 2010
    Oh for crying out loud. Why do you constantly argue with this one person. Let him alone, ignore him, whatever. Just don't keep feeding him. It's ridiculous that there are over 20 pages probably just of this argument.
    But... arguing is fun!
  • edited May 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    But... arguing is fun!

Lol! I agree. I have been reading this forum since it started and it has kept me entertained whilst waiting for the DVD. For that I would like to say thank you to you all!:D
  • edited May 2010
    Considering the tarot cards aren't done yet, I'm pretty sure that's the thing that the deluxe version is waiting on. Though I don't really have a problem with this.
  • edited May 2010
    It may be that map, or that coin. I want the map... :(
  • edited May 2010
    No, you can see the map and the coin in the pictures, but what you don't see are the tarot cards. And considering the main tarot cards aren't done, I'm just assuming that's what's up.
  • edited May 2010
    Telltale games let me in on a little secret. They got a list, they're checking it twice, gonna find out who's naughty and nice, ya know, yo?

Some people just don't qualify for this CD...
  • edited May 2010
    Didero wrote: »
    Because it makes perfect sense to finish producing DVD+extras before finishing the DVD.

Wrong! The delay isn't the DVD. It be the voodoo cards!

That Earl Boen thing would have been a 2minute fix. I've done it with DS games and undubbing them to japanese voice actors, you just have to replace the audio files and you're set. It would't have taken long to re-record, Earl was already doing eps 4 and 5, so it would have just been another hour of recording. Then they release it for Mac but tell the PC users they have to wait 6 months for it. So we are missing out, in the sense that strangers are being treated better than us.

Months of waiting has driven me mad. Mad with power. Mad with the world. MAD WITH TELLTALE!

I might go play Monster Hunter Tri. I finally finished forging my eskimo armor set. Now I look all silly. Tis awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    In the sage words of Heavy: Cry some more.
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    In the sage words of Heavy: Cry some more.

They're tears of rage. Much manlier.
  • edited May 2010
    They're tears of rage. Much manlier.

What's so manly about crying like a 6 year old?
  • edited May 2010
    Wrong! The delay isn't the DVD. It be the voodoo cards!

Umm... I think he was being sarcastic.
    I might go play Monster Hunter Tri. I finally finished forging my eskimo armor set. Now I look all silly. Tis awesome.

Would you like a review?
  • edited May 2010
    Umm... I think he was being sarcastic.

Would you like a review?

Yahtzee only got up to the 5th mission, and the first 6 are tutorials. He said he never got attacked by a big monster, i.e. he didn't get to quest 6. And each quest only takes 10min, he's pretty lame at it.

"Monsters don't attack each other" is silly, they actually do. Great Jaggi attack QuruPeco all the time.

It was like his FF review, Yahtzee is getting lazy and only playing an hour of each game. His reviews have gone downhill. I only watch him because AVGN updates so infrequently.
  • edited May 2010
    I disagree with the Mac thing treating strangers better than old consumers. There are Mac users who have been there from the start, and there are PC users who just arrive now. So I don't think that one quite qualifies. It's still a puzzling discrepancy, but I'm guessing for the Mac they made it that way to begin with and for the PC they need to change something.

Of all of the reasons you named, only the last one annoys me. I find it understandable, it's business, but two months in, I could buy the Devil's playhouse + Puzzle agent for less than I paid for just the Devil's Playhouse, or All 3 seasons for less than I paid for the Devil's playhouse, meaning I'd get a deal even having owned the first two already.

I'm definitely thinking that unless the incentive is another free episode I have nothing to do with, I'm sitting out of preorders for their next big project. Obviously, waiting only a couple of months can save you big bucks, and it's not like I'd miss the free episode or the special forum.

Actually, I calculated that even all the DVD+merch is now cheaper when ordered with Puzzle Agent (even without the free shipping). And it hasn't shipped yet, nor is it expected to for a few more weeks. I've written to support to cancel both my orders and group them together.

I understand that they want to attract new consumers, and I understand that as time passes, stuff gets cheaper. But right now, there are probably lots of people who pre-ordered the Devil's Playhouse who haven't started playing it (I know that two months in, I hadn't started playing Tales, either), and they could have spent less on it. So I think I'll be careful with that from now on. Probably won't pre-order much anymore, unless I believe the incentive really is worth it.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    I disagree with the Mac thing treating strangers better than old consumers. There are Mac users who have been there from the start, and there are PC users who just arrive now. So I don't think that one quite qualifies. It's still a puzzling discrepancy, but I'm guessing for the Mac they made it that way to begin with and for the PC they need to change something.

Of all of the reasons you named, only the last one annoys me. I find it understandable, it's business, but two months in, I could buy the Devil's playhouse + Puzzle agent for less than I paid for just the Devil's Playhouse, or All 3 seasons for less than I paid for the Devil's playhouse, meaning I'd get a deal even having owned the first two already.

I'm definitely thinking that unless the incentive is another free episode I have nothing to do with, I'm sitting out of preorders for their next big project. Obviously, waiting only a couple of months can save you big bucks, and it's not like I'd miss the free episode or the special forum.

Actually, I calculated that even all the DVD+merch is now cheaper when ordered with Puzzle Agent (even without the free shipping). And it hasn't shipped yet, nor is it expected to for a few more weeks. I've written to support to cancel both my orders and group them together.

I understand that they want to attract new consumers, and I understand that as time passes, stuff gets cheaper. But right now, there are probably lots of people who pre-ordered the Devil's Playhouse who haven't started playing it (I know that two months in, I hadn't started playing Tales, either), and they could have spent less on it. So I think I'll be careful with that from now on. Probably won't pre-order much anymore, unless I believe the incentive really is worth it.

Yeah, I agree. With the next season, you could always pirate the first two episodes, then buy it when it inevitable goes on super special later on. Heck, you would only have to pirate the first one and a 50% off sale or something equivalent would have already happened.

I could never pirate Monkey Island though. It's just too evil.
  • edited May 2010
    I wouldn't pirate anything. I'd just wait. It's not like I have to play the episodes the second they're out.
    I mean, I've been thinking lately I should try and live 2-3 years behind at least, in matters of games, because both systems and games would be much cheaper if I did that. So a couple of months? That's not even waiting at all.
  • edited May 2010
    Just so you guys know, the Standard dvd hasn't shipped yet...

I'll probably be one of the first regular forum members to get it, seeing as I'm only a few hundred miles away at most, so if anyone's got any questions about the dvd I'll be happy to let them know. :D

Or not. :o
  • edited May 2010
    When did you order? People who ordered first get them sent out first, so if you ordered a month after someone in england, they quite possibly could recieve it first
  • edited May 2010
    When did you order? People who ordered first get them sent out first, so if you ordered a month after someone in england, they quite possibly could recieve it first

Oh I didn't know that. Hmm. I order Arpil 13th.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 3 2 more days for them to start shipping fail at their April May deadline and tell everyone "Spring" instead.

oh, and *pokes the bear* I think Fury's got a point with the lack of an Earl Boen patch for the PC download even now. It boggles the mind why they haven't done this when they released it for Mac months ago.
    Will wrote: »
    on 03/25/2010, 04:23 pm

It's coming. Technical difficulties. I'll push it out as soon as we have a working build, don't fret.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know that. Hmm. I order Arpil 13th.

Came out March 12 for preorder. I ordered on March 12. If "a few weeks" = 3 to 3.9, my DVD MIGHT ship before yours, but i wouldnt believe my ideas.
  • edited May 2010
    Came out March 12 for preorder. I ordered on March 12. If "a few weeks" = 3 to 3.9, my DVD MIGHT ship before yours, but i wouldnt believe my ideas.

But you got Standard too? Also where are you?
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    But you got Standard too? Also where are you?

No, I got super contra deluxe edition. also, im in australia.
  • edited May 2010
    No, I got super contra deluxe edition. also, im in australia.

Oh, lol. I'm pretty sure I'm getting mine first then. :) Standard Edition, in a neighboring state. I'll race you if you want though. : D
  • edited May 2010
    alright. now, if youll excuse me, i just got a package. hmmm, hmmmm.... sign here, ok..... WOW! THE DELUXE EDITION! Oh god, you guys, this extra voodoo card is the shiz!
  • edited May 2010
    Came out March 12 for preorder.

My order is dated March 11, so I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that.
  • edited May 2010
    oh, well then... i remember now, i had to convince my parents for a day...
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    My order is dated March 11, so I'm pretty sure you're wrong on that.

I think he means March 12th in Australia, so March 11th Telltale time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.