Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    I think he means March 12th in Australia, so March 11th Telltale time.

maybe that aswell
  • edited May 2010
    Both are perfectly acceptable reasons. You are hereby forgiven.
  • edited May 2010
    :D yay not lying!
  • edited May 2010
    at the moment i'm pretty pissed at telltale because they also fail to answer email-requests...

i mean.. really... how long is the preorder out there in the shop?
    for how long can you order the special edition stuff?

it's just a sick joke... really.
  • edited May 2010
    Information is readily available just at every turn you can make. Feel free to look.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    That Earl Boen thing would have been a 2minute fix. I've done it with DS games and undubbing them to japanese voice actors, you just have to replace the audio files and you're set.

Those aren't timed or lip-synced, though. The timing and lip syncing processes might not take that much longer, but I'd imagine they'd have a bigger effect on the rest of the scene, and by extension, would increase the coding work more than simply swapping out audio files.
  • edited May 2010
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Those aren't timed or lip-synced, though. The timing and lip syncing processes might not take that much longer, but I'd imagine they'd have a bigger effect on the rest of the scene, and by extension, would increase the coding work more than simply swapping out audio files.

They had already coded it for Mac. So it would just be a case of getting the files for Mac and putting it in the PC version.

It certainly wouldn't take 3 months to add it to PC when Mac already had it. Telltale just likes sucking up to the Mac community.

Yeah, my emails never get answered either. It's pretty hopeless.
  • edited May 2010
    alright. now, if youll excuse me, i just got a package. hmmm, hmmmm.... sign here, ok..... WOW! THE DELUXE EDITION! Oh god, you guys, this extra voodoo card is the shiz!

lol that was good.
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    lol that was good.

Pff you is fool.

Last day of May here. 12 hours or so (or 20, I forget the timezone differences) and Telltale misses their deadline. May = FAIL
  • edited May 2010
    California still has 27 1/2 hours until May is over.
  • edited May 2010
    All i can say is that I'm relieved Telltale isn't releasing the special edition, it would take months past summer. I'm not pissed at them taking so long, I'm pissed when they just keep saying "soon", "soon", "Oh, end of the next month for sure!" "Nope, a few more weeks" It's like Galeb. Good thing I didn't buy this for anyone's birthday, it doesn't seem like it's coming out any time soon. This better be one crisp DVD.
  • edited May 2010
    California still has 27 1/2 hours until May is over.

Yeah, I know telltale is behind Australia by a fair bit.

Well, deluxe won't certainly be ready, and that was what most of us ordered. They waited until the end of the month only to tell us that it's all going to take even longer.

So the Spring release date expires in June sometime? It's winter over here (in australia, not where you live guruguru lol) so the seasons always throw me off. Well, it's not winter, it's autumn, but it's really fricking cold, like 6 degrees (celsius guruguru, that's australian) atm.

Telltale = Fail
  • edited May 2010
    Well, over here (yes, where I live, three states and one time zone over from Telltale), it's still spring, although the weather is definitely feeling more like summer by now. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 85 degrees (Fahrenheit, that's American, 29 for you Australians).

Also, 43 degrees (6 for you) is hardly what I would call cold. Our high temperatures in winter got down to the 10s a few times this year (-12 for you).

And yet I'm sure there's some people in other locales who would call that a balmy winter.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 2 1 more day for them to start shipping fail at their April May deadline and tell everyone "Spring" instead.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, over here (yes, where I live, three states and one time zone over from Telltale), it's still spring, although the weather is definitely feeling more like summer by now. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 85 degrees (Fahrenheit, that's American, 29 for you Australians).

Also, 43 degrees (6 for you) is hardly what I would call cold. Our high temperatures in winter got down to the 10s a few times this year (-12 for you).

And yet I'm sure there's some people in other locales who would call that a balmy winter.

We're the (second) coldest city in NSW, and we get down to -8 in Winter, and that lasts til about 12 where it warms up to 2 or so. It was cold this morning because it was also windy. I hate windchill.

gle, who are you? It's making me a bit sus of what's going on. Maybe I caught guruguru's paranoia, but I think there's something you're not telling us.

The account just strikes me as .... odd somehow.
  • edited May 2010
    Well, it's Spring here and it's been snowing for a few days.

Yes, it's the same place that was so hot I was frustrated and snappy. Western Canadian's weather has ADD >.> I remember walking in a T-shirt and shorts among the snow, because it was over 30°C but the snow wasn't done melting, so the piles on the sides of the streets reached to mid-thigh.
    It was very shiny snow.

Summer start on June 21st, by the way. When your Winter starts.
  • edited May 2010
    Aww, now I want to live in Canada. I'd love to experience weather like that...
  • edited May 2010
    south-park-canada-on-strike.jpg

:D
  • edited May 2010
    Ha! I forgot about how the Canadians and Canada are portrayed on South Park.

I wonder how many roads they actually do have in Canada...

Edit: Congratulations Prizna, you've reached you 500th post, and in what style!
  • edited May 2010
    yay finally but i have a long way to catch up to your post count

why not heres Weird Al's Canadian Idiot
  • edited May 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    yay finally but i have a long way to catch up to your post count

Peh, means nothing really. A lot of my posts are pointless crap anyway :D.

Why not? Now all we need is the scene from 'Bright Side of the Moon' where Sam & Max pull out the old, generic Canadian jokes.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Why not? Now all we need is the scene from 'Bright Side of the Moon' where Sam & Max pull out the old, generic Canadian jokes.

brace yourself, ive never played sam and max before
  • edited May 2010
    woah son
  • edited May 2010
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    woah son

I know I dont deserve to be in the telltale forums, im leaving, you'll never see me in these forums again. :(
  • edited May 2010
    brace yourself, ive never played sam and max before

>:O i demand you play it now!
  • edited May 2010
    I forgive you.

'Get Off Scott Free-Tokens' Used: 1/3
  • edited May 2010
    >:O i demand you play it now!

I would if I had it, Ill probably buy it in the near future afte LR:SE comes out
    I forgive you.

'Get Off Scott Free-Tokens' Used: 1/3

At leat someone forgives me
  • edited May 2010
    I would if I had it, Ill probably buy it in the near future afte LR:SE comes out

Or you could wait and see if there is going to be a Special Edition of Hit the Road. You never know...
    At least someone forgives me

You mightn't be so lucky in the future...
  • edited May 2010
    Or you could wait and see if there is going to be a Special Edition of Hit the Road. You never know...

Id love that
    You mightn't be so lucky in the future...

Ill take my chances :D
  • edited May 2010
    I'll take my chances :D

Oh, it's not a matter of luck and chance...

Intimidated yet?
  • edited May 2010

Intimidated yet?

With me you get zero chances. Zip! Nada! Nothing! One minus one! Get on my bad side and BAM! you wind up in a skip in Balga!
  • edited May 2010

Intimidated yet?

then im screwed :( and yes very intimidated
  • edited May 2010
    I have something to confess "says quickly in hope of no one knowing what he's saying":I never really liked any Sam and Max game except the devil's playhouse!
  • edited May 2010
    But that's where I live anyway...:D

:O is it as rough as the legends say? :D
  • edited May 2010
    I have something to confess "says quickly in hope of no one knowing what he's saying":I never really liked any Sam and Max game except the devil's playhouse!

Quick everyone get him!! :)
  • edited May 2010
    :O is it as rough as the legends say? :D

Just so you know, I don't live in Balga, only in a skip bin.

Hell no. You taste some interesting foods in there, as well as some things that others wouldn't consider food at all.
  • edited May 2010
    Quick everyone get him!! :)

I'll just grab my pitchfork and light my fire-torch.
  • edited May 2010
    Just so you know, I don't live in Balga, only in a skip bin.

Hell no. You taste some interesting foods in there, as well as some things that others wouldn't consider food at all.

such as human flesh
  • edited May 2010
    No, that's hard to come by. I personally enjoy used takeaway boxes. And sometimes there's even takeaway left in them! The things that people throw away...
  • edited May 2010
    Pimp my skip bin

skip-bin-design-5.jpg
Sign in to comment in this discussion.