Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Please don't post pictures of my home online, sir.
  • edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »

You live in my favourite brand of skip!
  • edited May 2010

terribly sorry :o
  • edited May 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    terribly sorry :o

I forgive you.

'Get Off Scott-Free Tokens' Used: 2/3
  • edited May 2010
    I forgive you.

'Get Off Scott Free-Tokens' Used: 2/3

Damn 1 left I gotta be careful
  • edited May 2010
    Ok, now that I have played the new Sam and Max episodes, I have started to like the older ones. I did like Hit the Road, and still do, but I just couldn't get into Season 1 and 2 as much, because the story didn't seem epic enough, but I am really enjoying the devil's playhouse because of the story's epic nature, and I hope that Telltale continue to do the same thing with all their future games.
  • edited May 2010
    Ok, now that I have played the new Sam and Max episodes, I have started to like the older ones. I did like Hit the Road, and still do, but I just couldn't get into Season 1 and 2 as much, because the story didn't seem epic enough, but I am really enjoying the devil's playhouse because of the story's epic nature, and I hope that Telltale continue to do the same thing with all their future games.

Totally wrong place, bud!

prizna wrote: »
    Damn 1 left I gotta be careful

You are forgiven for not being careful
    Get off scott-free coupons used: 3/3
  • edited May 2010
    Totally wrong place, bud!

Nah, it was a reply to the people with the pitchforks about my post before on this thread.
  • edited May 2010
    Nah, it was a reply to the people with the pitchforks about my post before on this thread.

Aaaah!
  • edited May 2010
    You are forgiven for not being careful
    Get off scott-free coupons used: 3/3

What no fair, you have no right to hand out "Get off scott-free coupons" thats Haydens job besides there tokens not coupons
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, he's completely right there Highway, you were out of place. However, I forgive you.

'Get Off Scott-Free Tokens' Used: 1/3
  • edited May 2010
    Oh, and Prizna, thankyou very much for backing me up there, I'll renew one of your 'Get Off Scott-Free Tokens'.

• edited May 2010
    No problem
    and thankyou for the token back I appreciate it
  • edited May 2010
    Yes, he's completely right there Highway, you were out of place. However, I forgive you.

I agree. Highway was completely in the wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    I agree. Highway was completely in the wrong.

Oh absolutely, and Hayden certainly had the right to stamp out the problem and he did it brilliantly.
  • edited May 2010

If that's your home then who the hell is in your bathtub!? :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    doodo! wrote: »
    If that's your home then who the hell is in your bathtub!? :eek:

That's a very good question. Far out, maybe it's time to buy a padlock. I can't have balding men climbing into my home at will.
  • edited May 2010
    It's June here.

Date missed. (well, they have 12 hours or so, but it would have shipped in the morning anyway)
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    It's June here.

Date missed. (well, they have 12 hours or so, but it would have shipped in the morning anyway)

I've heard that dictionaries contain the word "estimate", but I'm unsure. You should check.
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    It's June here.

Well, that's a shame. Guess they'll take a while longer.
  • edited May 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Well, that's a shame. Guess they'll take a while longer.

Again.
  • edited May 2010
    Ahhh semantics.
    Note: Did they ever say the year this particular shipment in May would be made?

My guess 2056, May 1st.
  • edited May 2010
    Young fools, only now at the end do you realize. Your feeble waiting skills are useless.

Oh, I'm afraid that the DVD is quite operational...

MUAHAHAHA!
  • edited May 2010
    Um, aside from spoofing Star Wars, what does that mean?
  • edited May 2010
    what does that mean?

One thing I've learned about this place is that if you feel the urge to ask that question, it probably doesn't mean much of anything.
  • edited May 2010
    One thing I've learned about this place is that if you feel the urge to ask that question, it probably doesn't mean much of anything.

you know, there's a very organized method of what you're supposed to post in that thread.
  • edited May 2010
    You can't tell me what to do!

But yes, I picked up that there's something going on there that I'm not quite getting. I just didn't feel like figuring it out and enjoy posting nonsense.

Hey, it's not like I'm going to make a bigger fool of myself than I did yesterday.
  • edited May 2010
    There's a major hint of what it is in what jake posted.
  • edited May 2010
    Sure...
  • edited May 2010
    Hey, idk wth you guys are talking about, but you should learn to use the chat room or a pm. -.-
  • edited May 2010
    This was sent as part of the Telltale e-mail newsletter in early May:
    iW6W9.jpg
    ...after TTG already pushed back released of the DVD from April.

It is now June.

...I love Telltale's games, and Dave Grossman is awesome, but I just have to say it... Telltale is a FAILBOAT when it comes to getting this DVD out in a timely fashion (or at the very least keeping us informed as to the cause of the delay.)

Okay, so now...
    nikasaur wrote: »
    So you got some questions about the DVD, hm?

At present, we're still working on putting the DVD together to make sure it's the best one we can do. If you purchased Tales of Monkey Island, the DVD is free, plus the cost of shipping! Don't worry about changing your mailing address, you'll be able to update it when you order the disc.

It's ready to be pre-ordered right now and expected to ship this Spring, including the super awesome Deluxe Edition with special goodies from the game.

Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 1 more day for them to fail at their May deadline and tell everyone "Spring" instead.

At most 21 more days for them to start shipping by the end of spring.
  • edited May 2010
    Why did you just delete that post then repost it? And why did you do that countdown thing in the first place? It seemed like you could have just kept that to yourself.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, it's starting to get pretty annoying.

Also, I'm just waiting for someone to ask me if you're really 93% awesome so I can tell them that you're like...10% awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    To explain why would create a situation where the purpose would become invalid.

edit: well, alright then.
  • edited May 2010
    you know, i was okay. until i remembered again that the rest of my order is held back too for as long as the ToMI DVD takes...now i'm slightly annoyed
  • edited May 2010
    Crrash wrote: »
    you know, i was okay. until i remembered again that the rest of my order is held back too for as long as the ToMI DVD takes...now i'm slightly annoyed

I am also slightly annoyed. Telltale is a failboat.
  • edited May 2010
    I'll admit I'm a TINY bit annoyed it's going to be another few weeks, but I'm pretty sure the end product will justify the time taken.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't care. I really don't. Yes, I'm looking forward to getting my DVD as well as all of the bonus items, but I'm more than willing to wait a mere two weeks for them. Look, we all waited a very long time for another MI sequel - it was a ten year wait for some. So I personally don't see why and how people are getting upset and annoyed about having to wait for a physical copy of a game that they already own digitally. The only thing I can say is, well, 'suck it up' I guess.
  • edited May 2010
    I don't care. I really don't. Yes, I'm looking forward to getting my DVD as well as all of the bonus items, but I'm more than willing to wait a mere two weeks for them. Look, we all waited a very long time for another MI sequel - it was a ten year wait for some. So I personally don't see why and how people are getting upset and annoyed about having to wait for a physical copy of a game that they already own digitally. The only thing I can say is, well, 'suck it up' I guess.

We didn't cough up $200 for a sequel that didn't come for ten years mind you, we've already paid for this.

The price doesn't justify the wait.
  • edited May 2010
    I was just wondering why I have such an absurd amount of patience about this whole thing, and I think that's probably a big part of my answer. I'd probably be pissed if I was waiting for a game I hadn't played yet, but I have played it and it's available for me to play again whenever I want. What I'm really waiting on is a disc to put on my shelf, bonus content, and a bunch of feelies, and to me, none of that is worth getting angry over. As long as we're not still having this discussion on Halloween, I think I'll be okay waiting.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.