Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    im geeking out, after seeing those photos, i sooooo cant wait, i wish i ordered the tshirt and mug, oh well next order, but i got the art portfolio and voodoo card set ordered :)
  • edited May 2010
    So now we wait for the rest of the items? I love waiting!
    Was so excited to see stuff would be sent out, and then none of my stuff has even arrived. Ah well. :p
    And yeah, I don't like the white border of the map either.. but I dont think it'd be possible to have the edges of the map like that on cloth and still look good.
    Ahh, I'm so excited now!
  • edited May 2010
    the poster has allready been shiped

It has? When? :eek:
  • edited May 2010
    So now we wait for the rest of the items? I love waiting!
    Was so excited to see stuff would be sent out, and then none of my stuff has even arrived. Ah well. :p
    And yeah, I don't like the white border of the map either.. but I dont think it'd be possible to have the edges of the map like that on cloth and still look good.
    Ahh, I'm so excited now!

Well there may be a way to fix this. If you cut it out and then burn/heat the edges it might work (that is if the cloth is the type that feels a little plastic-like). Or you could dip the edges in hot wax and that way it wouldn't unravel either.
  • edited May 2010
    Jenny wrote: »
    It has? When? :eek:

The poster has been out for months.
  • edited May 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    The poster has been out for months.

Oh.... I never got mine. It's still in my invoice along with the other two items I ordered at the same time. I guess it will ship along with the other two....I hope.
  • edited May 2010
    Well there may be a way to fix this. If you cut it out and then burn/heat the edges it might work (that is if the cloth is the type that feels a little plastic-like). Or you could dip the edges in hot wax and that way it wouldn't unravel either.

This wax idea of yours is very intriguing. I might wait and see what kind of cloth it is and try and find something similar to test it out on first.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Clear nail polish works on a lot of things and is very inconspicuous (pretty much invisible), you just paint it on with the little brush. Might be something to try.
  • edited May 2010
    Oooh, thanks puzzlebox! I have an abundance of clear nail polish and always use it for little odd jobs(and hardly ever on my fingernails.) I'll definetly look into it.
  • edited May 2010
    It's never coming! Never never never! We'll never see our DVDs! Somebody HUG ME! [sob]
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Somebody HUG ME! [sob]

*hug*
  • edited May 2010
    Oh.... I never got mine. It's still in my invoice along with the other two items I ordered at the same time. I guess it will ship along with the other two....I hope.

Yeah, they always ship everything at once. For instance I ordered the soundtracks at the same time, they were already available then, but they'll only be shipped when everything from that order is ready.
    (I hope they put them aside, though, it would suck if by the time the rest gets there, the stuff that was available to begin with is out of stock).
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    Pretty much everyone (and everyone here) got voodoo cards and the deluxe edition. I also got the poster prints, well I got pretty much everything except the buttons.

So it looks like the standard stuff is gonna miss the end of the month release, and probably a July Release for the other stuff.

So they've missed May.

I'm hoping they ship them separately.

STOP BEING SO UNDERSTANDING! This thread is supposed to be the place we can bag on you, not agree with you! Hahaha, I still can't get the fact that you're making sense now.
  • edited May 2010
    STOP BEING SO UNDERSTANDING! This thread is supposed to be the place we can bag on you, not agree with you! Hahaha, I still can't get the fact that you're making sense now.

Fine. But only because you forced me.

BLEHH! TELLTALE SUCKS! Sure, they've posted a thread in the blogs showing pictures of the stuff. But it's still not shipping for "A couple of weeks". They said the end of may! FUCK, before that they said end of April! What the fuck is taking so long! So now I have to wait another fucking month for stuff that should have come out in freaking april!

WHAT THE HELL! This is the most unorganized merchandise sale ever! And you're treating your best customers, the ones who bought the deluxe edition, the worst! Ship the stuff separately! FFS! Half of us got the poster with the DVD so we already paid for shipping of fucking everything, just ship the finished stuff now!

The finished stuff isn't even gonna be done by the end of May! When it comes to deadlines, Telltale sucks!
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Yeah, they always ship everything at once. For instance I ordered the soundtracks at the same time, they were already available then, but they'll only be shipped when everything from that order is ready.
    (I hope they put them aside, though, it would suck if by the time the rest gets there, the stuff that was available to begin with is out of stock).

Here's to ordering things seperately then, I guess. *looks at my Signed ToMI Poster*

I think I will get the T-shirt after all but I'm gonna wait till it's ready. edit: Which is apparently any day now... Might wait for my b-day... who knows.
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »

I would really like to know that they have that signed poster set aside for me, with my name stuck to it on a post-it or something. Otherwise I'd like to know so maybe I can try and buy it off ebay or something, if they run out. :eek:

Must not be an alarmist. I'm starting to aggravate myself. *goes back to cake and pie thread*
  • edited May 2010
    I'm sure they do.
  • edited May 2010
    Must not be an alarmist. I'm starting to aggravate myself. *goes back to cake and pie thread*

I don't think the best thread ever needs advertisement, but who cares!

Fine. But only because you forced me.

BLEHH! TELLTALE SUCKS! Sure, they've posted a thread in the blogs showing pictures of the stuff. But it's still not shipping for "A couple of weeks". They said the end of may! FUCK, before that they said end of April! What the fuck is taking so long! So now I have to wait another fucking month for stuff that should have come out in freaking april!

WHAT THE HELL! This is the most unorganized merchandise sale ever! And you're treating your best customers, the ones who bought the deluxe edition, the worst! Ship the stuff separately! FFS! Half of us got the poster with the DVD so we already paid for shipping of fucking everything, just ship the finished stuff now!

The finished stuff isn't even gonna be done by the end of May! When it comes to deadlines, Telltale sucks!

Good. Now you may stop!
  • edited May 2010
    seriously they are shipping the normal dvd but not the deluxe!? are you !@#$ing kidding me! Seriously the deluxe edition people should get the dvd first seeing as they just spent an extra 15 bucks for it.
  • edited May 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    seriously they are shipping the normal dvd but not the deluxe!? are you !@#$ing kidding me! Seriously the deluxe edition people should get the dvd first seeing as they just spent an extra 15 bucks for it.

It's just because the Standard Edition is done now, but the Deluxe isn't.

It's not like they're deliberately trying to piss people off.
  • edited May 2010

So they should intentionally delay the shipping of the standard DVD even though it's ready?
  • edited May 2010

The deluxe edition includes:

A realistic map

A coin

A Voodoo Card

And some other stuff.

Telltale is a small company, they need time to do things, our normal DVDs might ship without the deluxe edition, which will include our Slip-Case, but that'll be it. Just be happy, and patient, or if it's you just don't think about it; it makes you really really mad.
  • edited May 2010
    but we have more items that need to be produced. it takes time.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, besides. There were like 1,000 people on the forums when it first came out. Aaand there are more people who aren't even on the forums. And possibly more people who pre-ordered, bought every piece of merchandise at the store, and that includes the Voodoo Cards and art portfolio. So what I'm saying is, they have over 1,000 orders to fill out that contains things like coins, fabric and metal buttons.

So you expect them to release it all in 1 month? Think before you post.
  • edited May 2010
    Clearly, the problem lies with the printing company. They're only just now printing 3000 concept art prints prints, and there were like 20 odd of those in the bundle, so 60,000 things will take ages to print. So Voodoo cards are going to be printed afterwards. Which will also take ages.

Deluxe edition stuff appears to be done (from the screenshots) but there are no voodoo cards, and one voodoo card came with deluxe edition.

So that's what we're waiting for.

And they should have started printing earlier.
  • edited May 2010
    do you know how many people are on the forums?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1540&stc=1&d=1275104466

The bit in green is the number of forum members

The bit in blue is the most fail member on this forum
  • edited May 2010
    do you know how many people are on the forums?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1540&stc=1&d=1275104466

The bit in green is the number of forum members

The bit in blue is the most fail member on this forum

Twilight wasn't that bad. Jacob was a way better love interest than Edward, he was actually cool. Except Bella and Edward are crazy clingers, and ended up together. They're both crazy. She thinks it's romantic he watched her sleeping every night for 3 months before they even spoke to each other... That's not creepy.
  • edited May 2010
    Clearly, the problem lies with the printing company. They're only just now printing 3000 concept art prints prints, and there were like 20 odd of those in the bundle, so 60,000 things will take ages to print. So Voodoo cards are going to be printed afterwards. Which will also take ages.

Deluxe edition stuff appears to be done (from the screenshots) but there are no voodoo cards, and one voodoo card came with deluxe edition.

So that's what we're waiting for.

And they should have started printing earlier.

Oh sorry. Forgot again.

TELLTALE SUCKS! WHERE IS MY STUFF!
  • edited May 2010
    Oh sorry. Forgot again.

TELLTALE is awesome, why am I not reading the posts of the trusting members of the forum, and not being patient?

I ask myself the same thing Fury, why? Why aren't you?
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    I ask myself the same thing Fury, why? Why aren't you?

He's just joking around now, splash.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 4 3 more days for them to start shipping.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    At most 4 3 more days for them to start shipping.

That dream is gone Chyron. It's gonna be a few more weeks according to the blog.
  • edited May 2010
    Friar wrote: »
    So, if they don't ship this month, are you going to go into minus numbers?

No. I'm going to post the section from the newsletter that says "by the end of [May]", say Telltale is fail, then quote the ToMI DVD sticky from Nikki that says "expected to ship this Spring" and start counting down the days to June 21st (which is officially the first day of Summer in the northern hemisphere.)
  • edited May 2010

Don't poke the bear.
  • edited May 2010
    Don't poke the bear.

I don't understand. I thought we were encouraged to poke bears, to build up our skin's resistance?
  • edited May 2010
    It is clear that the DVD isn't going to come. We have all been scammed. :(
  • edited May 2010
    Catfish33 wrote: »
    It's just because the Standard Edition is done now, but the Deluxe isn't.

It's not like they're deliberately trying to piss people off.

That being said, Telltale has had a history of treating it's loyal fans worse than other gamers who are complete strangers.

1 - Releasing Sam and Max early for Ipad

2 - Adding PS3 exclusive content to Sam and Max, and then not updating ep1 for PC users

3 - Releasing the Earl Boen revoice for Mac Only, then taking months and months to apply a simple patch to the PC version.

4 - Having Standard Edition ready before Deluxe

5 - Having HUGE sales for a preordered item before the item has even been finished, meaning loyal fans who bought it instantly pay twice as much.
  • edited May 2010
    That being said, Telltale has had a history of treating it's loyal fans worse than other gamers who are complete strangers.

2 - Adding PS3 exclusive content to Sam and Max, and then not updating ep1 for PC users

3 - Releasing the Earl Boen revoice for Mac Only, then taking months and months to apply a simple patch to the PC version.

5 - Having HUGE sales for a preordered item before the item has even been finished, meaning loyal fans who bought it instantly pay twice as much.

Yes, those issues also p*** me off - especially number 2! :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • edited May 2010

The only one of these I care about is number 2
  • edited May 2010
    Because it makes perfect sense to finish producing DVD+extras before finishing the DVD.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.