Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    What? Are you asking a direct, non-rhetorical to yourself?

The first post was an attempt at being sarcastic, but then I thought of the MI remakes. In retrospect, I think I should have chosen any of the other big publishers of old adventure games as an example, or simply avoided trying to use sarcasm, as it doesn't suit me.
  • edited May 2010
    Cut off your head instead, so you can't testify...

Now what're you gonna do Hayden?

Come back as a ghost and haunt you so damn badly that you will have no other choice but to eventually confess to your murder, causing you to serve a life sentence in prison...

Now what're you gonna do Highway?
  • edited May 2010
    Am I missing something here? :confused:

I'm just trying to make sense of all the anger...

I've yet to pre-order the DVD (lack of money:() but I thought most orders worked as follows:

1. Pre-order - guarantees you a copy on release.
    2. Dispatched - DVD is sent out and money is taken then

Sooooo...with people talking about refunds, are Telltale taking money before hand? Or are they mistaken?

I was just under the impression that it always worked the way in which I described :confused:
  • edited May 2010
    No, you pay first and then it is sent out to you straight away on release.

Also, Hayden, have you met my new best friends and their Proton Packs(r) yet? What're you gonna do now, Hayden?
  • edited May 2010
    These people thinking it's a scam are idiots. It's not a scam.

Telltale are just taking too long!
  • edited May 2010
    You're right about the first point, but you pay for the DVD in advance, since that gives Telltale a way to predict the interest for the DVD, pay for the physical product to be made and make sure that they actually get their money, before they send us anything.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, you pay the full amount in advance...
    Also, Hayden, have you met my new best friends and their Proton Packs(r) yet? What're you gonna do now, Hayden?

I'm gonna quickly re-enter my body, eat some voodoo gum just like Guybrush did in Rise of the Pirate God, very quickly stitch my head back on and then call up my best friend... Chuck Norris.

What're you gonna do now, Highway?
  • edited May 2010
    No, you pay first and then it is sent out to you straight away on release.

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up for me:)

Bit of a risky business model. It makes more sense (to me at least) to do it the way Amazon and other online stores do.

It wouldn't actually bother me either and I fail to see why so many are upset. I'd suggest to all the complainers that in future, wait for a solid release date if it's really that important to you, before handing over your money.

You did it of your own free will.

Never mind.
  • edited May 2010
    It wouldn't actually bother me either and I fail to see why so many are upset. I'd suggest to all the complainers that in future, wait for a solid release date if it's really that important to you, before handing over your money.

You did it of your own free will.

Exactly. That's one of the main points that we've been trying to get across to so many.
  • edited May 2010
    Hmm, this thread is getting a little ridiculous, it was fun for a while, but its very much worn down. However, I think locking this thread is the worst thing Telltale could do at the moment.
    I'm all for waiting until release(even if it's next year sometime!), but it'd be nice to hear from Telltale again since we're getting so close to the end of the month. They should have a clear indication of whether it'll be sent in the few days or not, surely?
  • edited May 2010
    Exactly. That's one of the main points that we've been trying to get across to so many.
    It's very frustrating. Sadly, as much sense you and the others may talk, some people just refuse to read it and prefer to complain :(
  • edited May 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    These people thinking it's a scam are idiots. It's not a scam.

This statement coming from you means more than any amount of furious shouting from the rest of us. And it illustrates just how bad the complaining has gotten. That even you, the single most adamant person arguing against Telltale, find these complaints to be stupid and unfounded.

Thank you.
  • edited May 2010
    Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up for me:)

Bit of a risky business model. It makes more sense (to me at least) to do it the way Amazon and other online stores do.

Yeah, but for people like me, who have to get their parents to pay for it, it's better to pay for it when it is announced so you don't have to suddenly bug your parents the moment it comes out so you don't get caught in the hideous "Second Wave".
    I'm gonna quickly re-enter my body, eat some voodoo gum just like Guybrush did in Rise of the Pirate God, very quickly stitch my head back on and then call up my best friend... Chuck Norris.

What're you gonna do now, Highway?
    Call up my new best friend, Bear Grylls, of course. He could eat Chuck Norris.
    This statement coming from you means more than any amount of furious shouting from the rest of us. And it illustrates just how bad the complaining has gotten. That even you, the single most adamant person arguing against Telltale, find these complaints to be stupid and unfounded.

Thank you.

I agree. First time I saw the post, I thought, "must be one of the other people who know up and down on this thread" then I looked to the left and I saw Fury, and I refreshed the page. I believe Fury might have matured a little bit :D
  • edited May 2010
    Those of you outside the U.S. may not realize this, but May 31 is a U.S. holiday. Carriers don't ship on Sunday, either, or on Saturday except for the USPS. (Well, they do, but you have to pay extra.) So there's really only three shipping days left in May, counting today. And the people working the lines in the manufacturing plants might be slowing down a little subconsciously thinking about the upcoming three-day weekend.

Don't be shocked if it doesn't actually ship until early June. It will still be awesome.
  • edited May 2010
    Call up my new best friend, Bear Grylls, of course. He could eat Chuck Norris.

You cannot simply eat Chuck Norris. If any part of Chuck Norris is eaten by someone, Chuck Norris' spirit takes over their body and morphs it back into his original self.
  • edited May 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    Those of you outside the U.S. may not realize this, but May 31 is a U.S. holiday. Carriers don't ship on Sunday, either, or on Saturday except for the USPS. (Well, they do, but you have to pay extra.) So there's really only three shipping days left in May, counting today. And the people working the lines in the manufacturing plants might be slowing down a little subconsciously thinking about the upcoming three-day weekend.

I forgot. Memorial Day is May 31 this year.

idc, I'm still counting the days.
  • edited May 2010
    *whine*
    *whine*
    *complain*
    *unfounded groundless rantings*
    *unnecessary insults*
    *whine*
    *complain*

Are we there yet?

Also, the thread tag "dvd bermuda triangle" is the best thread tag on these forums thus far.
  • edited May 2010
    Im after the DVD

Lechuck stole it

you bought it

I want it

NOW!
  • edited May 2010
    You know, everytime I get suckered into this thread AGAIN I can't help but think that there isn't a FACE and a PALM on earth BIG ENOUGH to give the amount of FACEPALM this thread needs... m(

np: Nathan Fake - Charlie's House (Apparat Remix) (Apparat - Things To Be Frickled (Disc 1))
  • edited May 2010
    where's my spy camera.
  • edited May 2010
    Im waiting
    Im waiting
    Im watiing
  • edited May 2010
    Can I just point out one extra little detail?

When I pre-ordered my DVD (in March) I paid only for shipping and handling - which, not being familiar with the exchange rate for $ to £ at the time, I thought was a little expensive, but not prohibitively so. Approximately 6 weeks later I noticed an extra figure on my credit card statement and panicked - surely Telltale weren't taking MORE money off me?!!!

No - of course not - as it turns out they were in fact REFUNDING me for roughly half the shipping costs which had been taken in error. (A fold in my credit card statement meant that the ink for the minus sign was hard to read)

Their email was prompt and polite and I have had nothing but nice thoughts towards the company. They COULD have just kept the full payment. They didn't. They aren't "scamming". Their timing and estimated release dates could use some work - but if the end product is quality, it's worth the wait.
  • edited May 2010
    That was a lovely post :)
  • edited May 2010
    WarpSpeed wrote: »

Don't be shocked if it doesn't actually ship until early June. It will still be awesome.

Ah s**t I forgot about that, you're right... :(

Not looking very good for a May release... Guess I'll know Saturday.
  • edited May 2010
    Yet another unexplained delay...

I don't get why people are complaing and demanding refunds. If you're that upset, you clearly want the goods. But it doesn't set a good standard for the future, what with the shipping (didn't cover free shipping for posters...) and the delivery time (or lack thereof).

I would be surprised if it was shipping this month. I would like it to, I think it's taking too long, but it's not looking good. And still no official word from Telltale.

This lack of communication sucks.
  • edited May 2010
    I was just checking out the 'shopping or activation support' and there is a thread called 'monkey island'.
    David E wrote: »
    Hey Freect, the discs will be shipping out really soon. We'll let folks know once they start leaving our fulfillment center!

That was said today. So now you can all feel better!
  • edited May 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    I was just checking out the 'shopping or activation support' and there is a thread called 'monkey island'.

That was said today. So now you can all feel better!

Phew. Really soon is right, May is almost over.
  • edited May 2010
    :D you dont know how happy i am
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    I'ma start counting the days.

At most 6 5 more days for them to start shipping.

...cutting it kinda close.
  • edited May 2010
    where's my spy camera.

awww the Simpson's at their finest.
  • edited May 2010
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    At most 6 5 more days for them to start shipping.

...cutting it kinda close.

From what I can gather, they already have the goods. They're probably final checking them or something like that.

Just from Jakes post. Implied the stuff was already at the distribution center.

So expect word today/tomorrow.
  • edited May 2010
    I love that Fury is the voice of reasoning now, haha.
  • edited May 2010
    That is so different from the start of this thread, ay!
  • edited May 2010
    There's two things about this thread that are funny to me.

1. That many of us seem to attribute this thread to Fury, even though he didn't post until the fourth page.

2. That the thread starter's only post is the OP. He started this huge argument and left.
  • edited May 2010
    2. That the thread starter's only post is the OP. He started this huge argument and left.

Actually, it's not that uncommon.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah. Arsonists rarely remain in the spot where they lit the fire.
  • edited May 2010
    attachment.php?attachmentid=1533&stc=1&d=1274950026
  • edited May 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Actually, it's not that uncommon.

Yeah, I know, but it's still a little funny to me. Or maybe interesting is a better word.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeah, I know, but it's still a little funny to me. Or maybe interesting is a better word.

I thought it was weird too. For awhile it spurred me on, as if my ragings would resurrect the OP god who was also angry. But It turned out that I WAS the ultimate evil that I was trying to resurrect. And I kinda like it.

Allright. Back on topic.

People are gonna be annoyed if this isn't released at the end of May. Telltale knows that. That being said, a premature post would just spur community insanity. Yesterday there were like 6 mods on at this time, but that's not the case today. So I doubt it will be tomorrow, because they're not prepping the site (at least not the forums).

My bet is that on the weekend there will be a post saying shipping will start on the monday. Then we just have the regular 6-8 weeks of shipping time and then we'll finally have the bloody MI stuff.
  • edited May 2010
    It's been about two months since I put in my order for the standard DVD, and it has yet to arrive, or even ship.

And now when I go to check the status, the item is backordered.

I don't like to complain about stuff like this often, but this is starting to get ridiculous.

Why even offer to sell the DVDs if they're never going to ship out anyways, and paying for the shipping ahead of time just to have nothing to show for it months after.

I won't make too big of a deal about this unless it takes another two months, at which time, I'm sure there is going to be a much bigger deal made about it, not just from me.

Love the game, not so happy with the company right now.

Successful troll is successful. Good one OP.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.