Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    Hayden wrote: »
    Who says you can't use both '!' and '?' - then your displaying both rage and grammatical correctness.

And plus, are sure there is nothing else you could be doing to pass the time? Complaining on the forums isn't going to make the DVD come any faster. How about you go through and play Tales or the other Monkey Island games again? Maybe you could play some of your other favourite games. Perhaps you could go back and admire some of other the merchandise that you already have (not even necessarily MI merchandise). Make a Monkey Island tribute video. Hey, maybe you could even go out and ride a bike, or see friends, or learn a language (then you can complain in foreign forums).
    Perhaps Telltale could ship his $200 worth of stuff?
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    When translated back:

TTG Being terrible, the shank. The thing is slow very. I am busy, is

I didn't use google translate!

TTG is horrible, eh? The things are late. I am irritated.

My knowledge of japanese is rudimentary at best. I've done Rosetta Stone levels 1-3 and all the audio courses, and I'm going to enrol in a course at uni next semster. I equate to a JPLT level 2 in america (I think).
  • edited June 2010
    PariahKing wrote: »
    Perhaps Telltale could ship his $200 worth of stuff?

That would be nice.
  • edited June 2010
    Fury wrote: »
    That would be nice.

You know what else would be nice? My stuff FIRST!
  • edited June 2010
    You know what else would be nice? My stuff FIRST!

Well guess what!

No-one is getting stuff!
  • edited June 2010
    Well guess what?

No-one is getting stuff!

Well guess what?

You use improper punctuation! And i have a package that just shipped today!
  • edited June 2010
    Well guess what?

I don't believe thee!
  • edited June 2010
    Now, now, Will and Jake are both man enough not to fight (except for laughs or something).
    And I'm pretty sure Will speaks Japanese. I think I read that somewhere.

Also, since I'm sharing pictures, I think I have to share this.
    o5rewx.jpg

Just because.
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Now, now, Will and Jake are both man enough not to fight (except for laughs or something).
    And I'm pretty sure Will speaks Japanese. I think I read that somewhere.

Also, since I'm sharing pictures, I think I have to share this.
    o5rewx.jpg

Just because.

He could kill Jake in a heartbeat.
  • edited June 2010
    I don't believe thee!

Believe it
  • edited June 2010
    Any screenshots? (Not that I'm unbelieving).
  • edited June 2010
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Any screenshots? (Not that I'm unbelieving).

of what?
  • edited June 2010
    Of your order with 'your order shipped blah of the blah: track your package' thingy.
  • edited June 2010
    er, either he meant non-screen shots or screenshots of the email saying it's shipping.
  • edited June 2010
    I didn't say a package shipped from TELLTALE, did I?
    Well guess what?

No, I did not. I got a package from ELSEWHERE that shipped.
  • edited June 2010
    My bad. Hope it arrives to you soon!
  • edited June 2010
    It's a peanut M&M shaped ball!
  • edited June 2010
    :eek: Lol! Something everyone needs in life!
  • edited June 2010
    He could kill Jake in a heartbeat.

I hear he makes Yare cry just by looking at him!
  • edited June 2010
    :eek: Lol! Something everyone needs in life!
    Indeed
    I hear he makes Yare cry just by looking at him!
    Again with the Yare
  • edited June 2010
    Real or Fake, Will versus Jake
  • edited June 2010
    Again with the Yare

Hey, I resent that. I'm referring to actual events that previously unfolded on these here forums!
    Will wrote: »
    [TTG] Yare wrote: »
    I'm still flattered, but as a programmer I'm bound by a strict code of no fraternization with coworkers, customers, or anybody else.

It is our way.
    If you ever want to make a programmer cry, all you have to do is make eye contact with him.

Or maybe I'm just that terrifying. But it's probably the other thing.
  • edited June 2010
    How come the title of thread changed to "it's now shipping", does this include the special edition?
  • edited June 2010
    t3685 wrote: »
    How come the title of thread changed to "it's now shipping", does this include the special edition?

- Someone (probably Jake) edited it.

- No.
  • edited June 2010
    t3685 wrote: »
    - Someone (probably Jake) edited it.

- No.

Chyron8472 wrote: »
    the title of this topic now lies. The blog says standard edition is shipping "nowish" not "now" (not that most of us care anyway cuz we got the deluxe.)

• edited June 2010
    Well, Jake edited the first post so I assumed he changed the title too. And it's in the warehouse so it's possible some have already shipped. It's hard to know because not everyone has a forum account and most people here ordered the version that isn't shipping yet.
  • edited June 2010
    prizna wrote: »
    When translated back:

TTG Being terrible, the shank. The thing is slow very. I am busy, is

The shank.
  • edited June 2010
    Well, Jake edited the first post so I assumed he changed the title too. And it's in the warehouse so it's possible some have already shipped. It's hard to know because not everyone has a forum account and most people here ordered the version that isn't shipping yet.

Mine says "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info." and I have the regular edition.
  • edited June 2010
    apenpaap wrote: »
    Mine says "Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info." and I have the regular edition.

Right, but do we know if everyone has that? I'm not saying all the regular editions have shipped, I know they haven't, but if only one of them has shipped then "shipping" is accurate.

Either way, it's possible whoever changed the title made a mistake, too, and that it's not shipping yet but will soon.
  • edited June 2010
    Mine says one of my items are backordered bla bla bla didn't change anything.
  • edited June 2010
    Right, but do we know if everyone has that? I'm not saying all the regular editions have shipped, I know they haven't, but if only one of them has shipped then "shipping" is accurate.

Either way, it's possible whoever changed the title made a mistake, too, and that it's not shipping yet but will soon.

Actually, the fact that message comes up means that it (standard edition w/o anything still backordered) is shipping.

I finally pre-ordered Puzzle Agent on Friday. I also ordered the ToMI poster print (something that has been in stock for months) to get the half-price deal, and my order status for the poster is also:

"Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info."

It's just the turn around time from order to warehouse now.
  • edited June 2010
    I ordered the DVD yesterday and I didn't get that email.
    However, I ordered the Animated Series with it, and I'm not sure if they have that in stock and if they don't, I think it's low priority :P
  • edited June 2010
    It's not an email, it's at the bottom half of your Telltale games tab (after all your downloadable games). It gives you a summary of all your orders and the status is written in grey.

And if I'm right, the forum main page says it is your birthday NeatNit, so happy birthday!
  • edited June 2010
    It's not an email, it's at the bottom half of your Telltale games tab (after all your downloadable games). It gives you a summary of all your orders and the status is written in grey.
    Oh, thanks! I see it now.
    Your order has been submitted to our warehouse and will ship soon. Please check back later for shipping info.
    :D

And if I'm right, the forum main page says it is your birthday NeatNit, so happy birthday!
    Thanks! :D

Too bad I won't be getting any cool slipcover :(
  • edited June 2010
    Oh well...
  • seanvanamanseanvanaman Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2010
    For what it's worth, I've tried to rough-house with Jake (recently, actually) and he would break Will into about 5'000 pieces. Will's crazy eye and bad-ass beard (in the above pics -- he's cleans shaven now) belie his peaceful demeanor.
  • edited June 2010
    For what it's worth, I've tried to rough-house with Jake (recently, actually) and he would break Will into about 5'000 pieces. Will's crazy eye and bad-ass beard (in the above pics -- he's cleans shaven now) belie his peaceful demeanor.

Ha I knew jakes a kick ass machine
  • edited June 2010

If Jake does that, I'll come down there and stab him with as many tapestry needles as resulting Will-pieces. It will be a slow and painful death.
    But as I said, I trust both of them not to hurt each other. Right? Right?
  • edited June 2010
    I'll [...] stab him with [5000] tapestry needles. It will be a slow and painful death.

Death threats! Call the police!
  • edited June 2010
    Pale Man wrote: »
    Death threats! Call the police!

I'm already under several restraining orders as it is. I'm not afraid.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.