Monkey Island DVD Never Arriving? [it's shipping now]

Comments

• edited June 2010
    There's a small town in Germany (I think) with a very questionable name....
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited June 2010
    mnstyle wrote: »
    My Slipcase DVD was shipped on 7th of June. Now it's the 4th Day and there are still no Trace-Infos from USPS available. :( Is this normal?

Our Company DHL in German is a bit faster. :D
    It is pretty normal.
    USPS is the American equivalent of Deutsche Post, not DHL (the equivalent of DHL would be FedEx or UPS or... DHL!).
    As far as my experience with USPS International goes, their "tracking" numbers act more like delivery confirmation than anything else, but I could be wrong.
    As for transit time, according to USPS' website, International Priority Mail to Germany takes 6 to 10 business days.
    So, I'd say that you shouldn't expect it before Tuesday at the earliest (and don't be surprised if it doesn't get to you before next Friday).
  • edited June 2010
    Macfly77 wrote: »
    As far as my experience with USPS International goes, their "tracking" numbers act more like delivery confirmation than anything else, but I could be wrong.

No, you're right. Even domestic "tracking" numbers are pretty much useless.

For example:

I pre-ordered Puzzle Agent last Friday and got the ToMI poster print at the same time.

I got the e-mail saying the poster had shipped on Tuesday.

Up through yesterday (I checked yesterday (Thursday) morning), the USPS "tracking" site only said: "Electronic Shipping Info Received."

The poster was waiting for me when I got home last night.

Now, today, I get details when I look up the "tracking" number, but yesterday, the day it was actually delivered there was nothing helpful on the USPS "tracking" page at all.

The moral of the story: Don't panic.
  • edited June 2010
    Yay. This affects only the german customers:

Mostly the international transportation between different companies is handled by deutsche post - which formally has nothing to do with dhl.

You can track the item only on the website of the sending company or you check the number of deutsche post international brief (!) in frankfurt/main.
    They can check the international tracking id's too.
    But you better wait for some time - and check your local post office - they put you a "einschreiben"-postcard into you mailbox (mostly) - if it's lost your order will be kept for 7 days until its returned to the sender - and you might wait approx. 3 months for it.

Maybe we just have to stay patient... ;)
  • edited June 2010
    There's a small town in Germany (I think) with a very questionable name....

Stuttgart?
  • edited June 2010
    Thank you, for the comments guys. Now i'm calmed down.:)
  • edited June 2010
    I have my TMI DVD! :)

Oh, and it has Earl Boen in Narwhal on it. :D:D:D
  • edited June 2010
    See, as far as I'm concerned, meeting any cat is bad luck, because it means you have the misfortune to be in the presence of a cat.

See, that's the same (or would it be opposite?) reason why I think it's good luck. I love cats. I've only lived without cats for a few years and they were the most horrible years of my life. When I travel and the hotel room is void of cat, I just get sad. Life isn't the same without the sound of purring!

It could totally be due to the fact we had three cats while I was growing up. Or, you know, could be personal preference. Or maybe I have to fill the cliché of the writer with cats. Mmh...

Yes, this message was old, but I'm only checking this thread again just now!
  • edited June 2010
    Avistew wrote: »
    Life isn't the same without the sound of purring!

I SO do agree. Those godlike creatures.
  • edited June 2010
    YAY!!! My standard DVD has shipped! I'm so chuffed! WOOHOO!!

... Well, that's enough excitement for one night, better go to bed now.
  • edited June 2010
    Cats are awesome. Dogs are meh, but alright. But I think we're all missing the most relevant animal - isn't this forum about Monkey Island?
  • edited June 2010
    Yay, shipped! :D
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Cats are awesome. Dogs are meh, but alright. But I think we're all missing the most relevant animal - isn't this forum about Monkey Island?

donkeys?
  • edited June 2010
    Aww mine hasn't shipped yet. I guess one of the other items is out of stock :(
  • edited June 2010
    Sweet! My DVD (with slipcover) just arived today. I just checked it out (mainly to hear the new Earl Boen lines) and thank you TTG. Ep. 1 was as slow as a slug on my downloaded version (my poor old lappy...), but this DVD version is way faster and crisper than before.

But...and I really don't want to be at 'nit picker', but I think about 3 of LeChuck's lines are actually still the old guy's version of them. The first 2, I didn't really notice at first. (#1. "What?" when Guybrush talks to him. & #2. "As you wish, my love." when Elaine yells at Guybrush to just run him through already.) but the third one really stood out for me. #3. "Evil is always evolving..." line when Guybrush asks if LeChuck was a Ghost or Zombie or Demon.

But thoses aside, I was really happy with the new Earl Boen lines and am really looking forward to going through the 5 chapters again. Kind of a "seeing your favorite show in a new light" kind of way. Thanks Telltale!
  • edited June 2010
    My copy of the Monkey Island DVD + slipcover arrived today, and I'm installing the games now. Just two things that bug me:

1. Why the hell would I ever want to eviscerate this slipcover to create those little cardboard figures? That kind of defeats the purpose of even ordering the slipcover.

2. In previous Telltale "season" discs, you could stick the disc in your DVD player and watch the video content (trailers, commentaries, etc.). On this disc, you can't. My PS3 reads it as a "Data Disc", which can't be read by normal DVD players. Now, my PS3 can play the individual files by opening the Data Disc, but while you're doing so my PS3 sounds like a frickin' buzzsaw. Yeah, it's a nitpick since you can play the files anyway, but I'd kind of like to play my DVD content in a DVD player.

Otherwise, great to finally have the series DVD. I'd actually completely forgotten about it, so when I opened my mailbox and saw the package in it I actually had to think a moment about what in the world it could be. ;)
  • edited June 2010
    broodwars wrote: »
    2. In previous Telltale "season" discs, you could stick the disc in your DVD player and watch the video content (trailers, commentaries, etc.). On this disc, you can't. My PS3 reads it as a "Data Disc", which can't be read by normal DVD players. Now, my PS3 can play the individual files by opening the Data Disc, but while you're doing so my PS3 sounds like a frickin' buzzsaw. Yeah, it's a nitpick since you can play the files anyway, but I'd kind of like to play my DVD content in a DVD player.

Previous DVDs were only PC DVDs. This one includes both PC and Mac versions, and they had to sacrifice DVD player compatibility. Sorry!
  • edited June 2010
    Just to let everyone know, my voodoo card package alone is "being processed and will ship soon." The cards must be all printed, then. Although the deluxe edititon hasn't shipped yet, it can't be long now.

telltaley.jpg
  • edited June 2010
    Still waiting for my deluxe edition to ship :(
  • edited June 2010
    Previous DVDs were only PC DVDs. This one includes both PC and Mac versions, and they had to sacrifice DVD player compatibility. Sorry!

Damn you Apple Hipsters intruding on my entertainment! ;)

Well, thanks for answering anyway. It does lesson my anticipation a little bit for the eventual Sam & Max Season 3 disc, though.
  • edited June 2010
    I've attached a pic of my order. I didn't buy voodoo cards, so shouldn't my DVD have shipped by now? Or did the Deluxe Edition have a bonus voodoo card? I can't remember.
  • edited June 2010
    I've attached a pic of my order. I didn't buy voodoo cards, so shouldn't my DVD have shipped by now? Or did the Deluxe Edition have a bonus voodoo card? I can't remember.

Yes, the bonus voodoo card included in the set seems to be what held it up later than the standard DVD. But it looks like the cards have been printed, if my order is anything to go by.
  • edited June 2010
    Aw, no dvd compatibility? I practically wore out my Sam and Max dvds playing them while I had to watch over my dogs. Won't work as well with my laptop. Oh well....I suppose there's no other way. I'll get over it. Curse you, Mac users!

Hopefully mine will ship soon. I didn't order the deluxe (kinda wish I did though, even if it meant waiting even longer. Steve Purcell slipcover!).
  • edited June 2010
    Yes, the bonus voodoo card included in the set seems to be what held it up later than the standard DVD. But it looks like the cards have been printed, if my order is anything to go by.

So, my DVD could ship any time then?
  • edited June 2010
    So, my DVD could ship any time then?

I don't know. It's all in Telltale's hands now.

EDIT: It'd be great if someone from Telltale could tell us whether or not all the voodoo cards have finished printing.
  • edited June 2010
    Stuttgart?

Nope. Not that one. And my mistake, it's actually in Austria not Germany.
  • edited June 2010

That's a downer... If that happens on the Devil's Playhouse "DVD" (or not DVD) I'm going to be absolutely furious. I mean, it wouldnt fit in with the other 2 seasons would it? I mean, monkey island i can handle since it doesnt have the cutscenes, etc. but sam and max is likely to have cutscene suites, and i want to view them on tv...

you know, it would be good if their production values allowed them to ship out dvd cases with 2 discs, one with the games and computer related goodies, and one with content for a dvd player...
  • edited June 2010
    It would also be nice if they could offer either a PC disc or a Mac disc, but I'm sure that's not feasible.
  • edited June 2010
    yeah, it would mean also that we'd have to wait twice as long for the dvd to be released... im not sure fury could handle that...
  • edited June 2010
    At most 12 11 10 more days for them to start shipping (Deluxe Edition) by the end of Spring.
  • edited June 2010
    yeah, it would mean also that we'd have to wait twice as long for the dvd to be released... im not sure fury could handle that...

im not sure anyone could handle that!
  • edited June 2010
    That's a downer... If that happens on the Devil's Playhouse "DVD" (or not DVD) I'm going to be absolutely furious. I mean, it wouldnt fit in with the other 2 seasons would it? I mean, monkey island i can handle since it doesnt have the cutscenes, etc. but sam and max is likely to have cutscene suites, and i want to view them on tv...

you know, it would be good if their production values allowed them to ship out dvd cases with 2 discs, one with the games and computer related goodies, and one with content for a dvd player...

Furious? Really?
  • edited June 2010
    Furious? Really?

Yes. Really.
  • edited June 2010
    DVD means the technology, if a DVD disc does not play in a regular DVD player, doesn't mean it's not a DVD. It can still hold 4.7 GB. Just sayin' :)

Hey, could someone post a picture of the slipcover from the back? I want to know what I'm missing :)
  • edited June 2010
    NeatNit wrote: »
    Hey, could someone post a picture of the slipcover from the back? I want to know what I'm missing :)

If someone ois going to do this, then please don't post the picture. Post a link to the picture. Some of us want to wait until we get the DVD to see what we are missing.
  • edited June 2010
    Good point. But I meant what I'm completely missing - unfortunately I won't be getting any slipcover..
  • edited June 2010
    I'll post a couple pics. I'm happy to show off. :D

Front

Back
  • edited June 2010
    Where are the sides? And the top? And the bottom?! You're very bad at this :mad:
  • edited June 2010
    can someone also post a pic of the dvd without the slipcover please
  • edited June 2010
    hamza721 wrote: »
    can someone also post a pic of the dvd without the slipcover please

Secret Fawful, that's your cue.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.