Sam & Max The Devil's Playhouse: The Tomb of Sammun-Mak Discussion!

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Is it ever said that Papierwaite doesn't have the gift? I can understand why he might want to send someone else to retrieve the box even if was capable of doing it himself, considering all the ways Sameth and Maximus can die in the tomb.
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Is it ever said that Papierwaite doesn't have the gift? I can understand why he might want to send someone else to retrieve the box even if was capable of doing it himself, considering all the ways Sameth and Maximus can die in the tomb.

Probably that was because he needed someone with the gift for say the words and for been the sacrifice, but, if he has the gift, why the summoning failed then? Probably because was Max saying it from Papierwaite, but, I guess that pretty much the same...

But... a... the inscriptions of the Basement talk about Max been the one who will destroy the universe, what's Yog-Soggoth has to do with that?
  • edited May 2010
    Shwoo wrote: »
    Is it ever said that Papierwaite doesn't have the gift?

He must, at the end
    he does all sorts of stuff with whatever his power is
    . It confuses me that even he can be able to do all if he doesn't The Gift.
  • edited May 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    He must, at the end
    he does all sorts of stuff with whatever his power is
    . It confuses me that even he can be able to do all if he doesn't The Gift.

Black Magic? (Considering
    Girl Stinky is a cake
    is not that implausible!)
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    Black Magic? (Considering
    Girl Stinky is a cake
    is not that implausible!)

There's no such thing as magic! Only demonic Toys.
  • edited May 2010
    There's no such thing as magic! Only demonic Toys.

And Moleman curses.

And sentient bacteria, and the Devil, and emo vampires.... need I go on?
  • edited May 2010
    LikaLaruku wrote: »
    Oh man, I really loved the character designs & costumes for Sammus, Cringle, & Jurgen!

So...if Sammus & Maximus never had kids, what plothole did Sam & Max pop out of? XD

I was thinking about it and realised that there's only one explamation to that:
    SAM & MAX DON'T EXIST! :D
    http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3087/endhu.gif
  • edited May 2010
    Molokov wrote: »
    And Moleman curses.

And sentient bacteria, and the Devil, and emo vampires.... need I go on?

And urinating fire, and talking Moai heads, and evil space gorillas and time-travelling mariachis, and animate statues and Santa, and elves, and Shambling Corporate Presences and living cake women, and zombies and also, GIANT TALKING DOGS.
  • edited May 2010
    And urinating fire, and talking Moai heads, and evil space gorillas and time-travelling mariachis, and animate statues and Santa, and elves, and Shambling Corporate Presences and living cake women, and zombies and also, GIANT TALKING DOGS.

You forgot to mention the GIANT TALKING DOG.
  • edited May 2010
    ATMachine wrote: »
    Haha, did anyone try talking to Cow-Maximus when Nefertiti first uses the Holstein Hex in the tomb in Reel 2? Hilarious.
    Try that in Reel 3, it's even more funny after you see the Reel 2 reaction.
  • edited May 2010
    Nice pattern so far with Sam and Max pronouncing the antagonists' names wrong.
  • edited May 2010
    Nice pattern so far with Sam and Max pronouncing the antagonists' names wrong.

Dunno, it was funny with Skun'ka'pe, who does look like a skunk ape, I find it less amusing with Papierwaite...
  • edited May 2010
    Hubert wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the GIANT TALKING DOG.

No I didn't.
  • edited May 2010
    just finished episode 2. Lots of bugs I'm afraid. Hope episode 3 is more bug-free.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2010
    Lots of bugs I'm afraid.

Yes, there were cockroaches all over the mole woman's room!
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Yes, there were cockroaches all over the mole woman's room!

You should've seen them in 301, all over the wall in the Subway!

That reminds me, you all should look closely at what the rats do in the game. It's funny.

An instance:
    In the Subway as you come in, look at the door on the cinder blocks for a boxing match
  • edited May 2010
    You should've seen them in 301, all over the wall in the Subway!

That reminds me, you all should look closely at what the rats do in the game. It's funny.

An instance:
    In the Subway as you come in, look at the door on the cinder blocks for a boxing match

It's shameless self promotion, but I wonder if anybody found the little background thing I liked to call "Gandalfs Escape" :rolleyes:
  • edited May 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »
    It's shameless self promotion, but I wonder if anybody found the little background thing I liked to call "Gandalfs Escape" :rolleyes:

Is that in 302 when the Rats up in the theatre are handing each other cookies?

Or in 301 when a rat runs up near the office, to a bunch of other rats who don't get why he's trying to punch them?
  • edited May 2010
    My favourite rat was the one floating on a bottle down the River Stix
    edited May 2010
    Katsuro wrote: »

Did it involve a rat and a pigeon?
  • edited May 2010
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Did it involve a rat and a pigeon?

It actually did :D
    edited May 2010
    In that case, yes - someone noticed it.

Be sure to let your ego deflate a little before you leave the office, otherwise you might get wedged in the doorway. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    Was anyone else worried about how Sameth and Maximus would die? Since they were found behind a wall and in pretty scary looking poses I thought they were trapped in place...a really gruesome way to go. When
    Papierwaite cast the spell that stuck Maximus' foot in place I got really nervous. XD

In the end I was actually quite relieved it was quick and relatively painless. I was sad they died by accident though.
    It's too bad. They were such unique characters too. Oh well. Maybe Telltale can find some way to reuse their models, voice actors, animations, personalities, etc for some other pair of characters or something.
  • edited May 2010
    Nagaoka wrote: »
    Was anyone else worried about how Sameth and Maximus would die? Since they were found behind a wall and in pretty scary looking poses I thought they were trapped in place...a really gruesome way to go. When
    Papierwaite cast the spell that stuck Maximus' foot in place I got really nervous. XD

In the end I was actually quite relieved it was quick and relatively painless. I was sad they died by accident though.
    It's too bad. They were such unique characters too. Oh well. Maybe Telltale can find some way to reuse their models, voice actors, animations, personalities, etc for some other pair of characters or something.

I knew it had to do with the
    Protection Spell
    after I got through the tomb. It was indeed too bad that Sameth & Maximus had to pass away without a goodbye to their... "Kids".
  • edited May 2010
    I can't believe you cut the cucumber LENGTHWISE!!!

that's my favourite catchphrase from now on!
  • edited May 2010
    What's a cucumberg?
  • edited May 2010
    What's a cucumberg?

What sank the Titanic when the ship attempted to pass through a whole field of them lengthwise.

... What?
  • edited May 2010
    I also think there's not enough praise for the great work the guys in the music department do for these games...

I think Jared Emerson Johnson has outdone himself in this chapter! Outstanding music!
  • edited May 2010
    Nagaoka wrote: »

In fact, I'm hoping if they can do "The old timey adventures of Sam and Max" telling some story of those guys before the Devil's Toybox, even it's just 1 episode for the pilot program ^^!
  • edited May 2010
    GinnyN wrote: »
    In fact, I'm hoping if they can do "The old timey adventures of Sam and Max" telling some story of those guys before the Devil's Toybox, even it's just 1 episode for the pilot program ^^!

Now THAT is an idea I like very much! In B&W, maybe?
  • edited May 2010
    What sank the Titanic when the ship attempted to pass through a whole field of them lengthwise.

... What?

Yes, approaching them sideways would have worked much better :D.
  • edited May 2010
    :spoil-o: i actually think there is a conection to sam and max and sammun mak if you change sammun mak to samm un mak make it samm un max take away the first m make it sam un max change u to an a sam an max if any one know any more about it email me my email is

alexandernatvig@gmail.com

please email if you know anymore about the conection thank you for the moment and time :spoil-o:
  • edited May 2010
    i actually think there is a conection to sam and max and sammun mak if you change sammun mak to samm un mak make it samm un max take away the first m make it sam un max change u to an a sam an max if any one know any more about it email me my email is

alexandernatvig@gmail.com

please email if you know anymore about the conection thank you for the moment and time

Well thank you Captain Obvious.
  • edited May 2010
    Its been a while since I played the game but I thought I'd say something. Can't really say more praise than what everyone said, there's nothing I didn't like about the episode.
    So I'll have to say things that are only really nitpicking. First I think it would of been better if the voice actors changed their voices from Sam and Max to something with something slightly different but it still had the same sort of tone, more like Max's current voice combined with a sort of old New Yorkian, maybe Sam could of had a slight Brittish accent mixed into his.
    Also in the final puzzle when you change from Sam to Max it could of changed to an image of Max in the middle of the dialog wheel (whatever you call it). But as I said the only critisizims are only nitpicking and I've only noticed them because it was such a great game that I was looking for something to comment on.
  • edited June 2010
    episode 302, I gotta tell you...IT WAS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! I love the twists and turns provided along the way...and I love it when Sameth freaks out over Maximus getting turned into a cow: no...NO....FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NO!!!!!!! a true side that Nowlin is improving as a Sam actor.

the one thing I didn't like about this episode: Nefertini!!!! she was so annoying, a total wannabe, and a borderline cry-baby!!! plus, she hated our beloved heroes' ancestors....makes you wonder what would happen if she met the real Max
  • edited June 2010
    I thought that Nefertiti was one of the best new characters. I loved how she reacted to Sameth and Maximus when they told her dad she loved them. Her love note to Jurgen was hilarious too.
  • edited June 2010
    i couldn't stand nefertini's voice
  • edited June 2010
    the only good thing about her was one of her last jokes "DAD,it' not nefrettini..it's bubbles..."
  • edited June 2010
    Nice game.I cant wait next episode.
  • edited June 2010
    sfox wrote: »
    I don't agree.
    I suspected there was something fishy about him right from the beginning.

If you talk to paperwaite in reel 1 you can ask about the challenge and papierwaite will say he created the challenge. So he was looking for someone with the gift who could use the can of nuts, i never talked to him though till after i replayed it, but the ending makes a lot more sense if you talk to him, cause he needed someone with psychic powers who could be sacrificed to summon yog-saggoth.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.