Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

edited June 2013 in Sam & Max
I'm addicted to it I need it and it's awesome so after I'm done playing the devils playhouse ten more times when can I expect to pre order season 4

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Not for a while.
  • edited August 2010
    Maybe after Tales Season 2. That is, if Telltale doesn't kill them off, which I'm scared might happen
  • edited August 2010
    Maybe after Tales Season 2. That is, if Telltale doesn't kill them off, which I'm scared might happen

I really hope that doesn't happen. I'm just getting into this !!!! :eek:
  • edited August 2010
    Season 4 will be released in about... Maybe after Telltale finishes those SBCG4AP and Wallace & Gromit Season 2. Just because Season 2 was released about 5 to 6 months after Season 1 was finished doesn't mean they're doing that EVERY time.

Sam & Max will obviously die! And that's the cool part of Season 3.
  • edited August 2010
    W&G and SBCG4AP probably won't get a season 2
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah, words like that are a good reason why Telltale isn't making them.
  • edited August 2010
    Lol, we haven't even played 305 yet (or are you part of the ESRB?) and we already talk about season 4? :D
  • edited August 2010
    Season 4?

FUND IT
  • edited August 2010
    Yea, probably not for a while, maybe after the game that comes out after BTTF & JP (I'm also guessing ToMI 2)
  • edited August 2010
    Aren't they also making a new CSI? Anyway, Monkey Island has too much potential and a vast enough almost religious fanbase to be ignored, and BTTF & JP are going to be their priority before that, so I'm guessing *at least* Jan 2012. Of course, I hope to be wrong :)

Edit: I, for one, am one of those almost religous MI fans :D
  • edited August 2010
    splash1 wrote: »
    Sam & Max will obviously die! And that's the cool part of Season 3.
    Characters don't die in adventure games. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it'll probably be about two or three years since the next one, considering all the second series, Jurassic Parks and BTTF games that Telltale are planning.

A four year gap would be too painful to bear though, please make it as short as possible Telltale! :D
  • edited August 2010
    W&G and SBCG4AP probably won't get a season 2

I don't think they will either. 4 episodes felt like it was enough for Wallace and Gromit. Strong Bad just kinda fell off the face of the Earth. :(
  • edited August 2010
    I'm thinking not until sometime in 2012.
  • edited August 2010
    Based on the time between Season 2 and Season 3, I won't start holding my breath until late 2014 at the earliest (and I sincerely hope I'm being pessimistic). Both Jurassic Park and Back to the Future are going to take a lot of the programmer's time.
  • edited August 2010

Heheh, Beavis & Butthead were killed off, but apparently they're getting a new series.

I'm going to say season 4 would be around late 2012 or 2013; they work on some other title then take one or 2 years to get all of S&M done. If they've expanded enough to have a team deticated entirely to S&M, then I could see late 2011 or early/mid 2012. Can't swear to it untill I finally take game development in college.
  • edited August 2010
    mascan42 wrote: »
    I'm thinking not until sometime in 2012.

But we'll all be dead by then.:eek:
  • edited August 2010
    But we'll all be dead by then.:eek:

Actually, the government is going to release an infection in 2013.
  • edited August 2010
    im sheaf I start to build a shaft bunker in 2011
    p.s. I've like 300£ that like 750$
  • edited August 2010
    Well if we keep up the talk about season 4, the money hairs on the back of their necks are gonna go WOOO WOOO WOOO. Plus lets hear some ideas of what we'd like to see in the next season. Personally I'd like to see them travel the world, China, Japan, South America, etc...
  • edited August 2010
    we haven't played episode 305 =( sam and max might die
  • edited August 2010
    Don't forget DoTT2, which sure will come after ToMI2.
    Oh, and LSL8! We can't forget Larry! XD

Don't worry guys, Sam & Max are too good to be over.
  • edited August 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    we haven't played episode 305 =( sam and max might die
    If it happens I'm pretty sure many sam and max fans will commit suicide
  • edited August 2010
    If it happens I'm pretty sure many sam and max fans will commit suicide

loool true :rolleyes:
    :D:D
    50/50 chance it might or not happen well never know...... unless TTG will give us release date anytime soon its already got ESRB rating which is E-10
  • edited August 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    sam and max might die

No. Just... no. :confused:
  • edited August 2010
    It's not unheard of. With Sam & Max dead maybe we'll get to play as the Soda Poppers in Season 4. They can be freelance police!
  • edited August 2010
    caeska wrote: »
    It's not unheard of. With Sam & Max dead maybe we'll get to play as the Soda Poppers in Season 4. They can be freelance police!

No. Just... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMONKEYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYOURTOWNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMINORLEAGUESPORTSTEAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    That's just tacky the writers are to creative for that. Plus their a business they won't kill off their money maker.
  • edited August 2010
    Characters don't die in adventure games. :rolleyes:

Someone never played Sierra adventure games. Finding the various ways Roger could die was one of the points of Space Quest. :)
  • edited August 2010
    Someone never played Sierra adventure games. Finding the various ways Roger could die was one of the points of Space Quest. :)
    Leisure Suit Larry was fun to kill, too. My favorite was when he forgot the condom... or was it the bad spinach dip?
    Save early, save often!
  • edited August 2010
    Sam & Max have already been dead, give us something new! :D
  • edited August 2010
    Ash735 wrote: »
    Sam & Max have already been dead, give us something new! :D

Them dying permanently with no chance of resurrection would be something new.
  • edited August 2010
    I think This is a good list of human people that should be considered or at least similar to that of their personalities or their ghost:
    Jamiroquai
    Korn
    Drew carey
    Frank Sinatra
    Emilie Autum
    A famous wrestler
    OJ
    Rupaul
    Criss Angel
    St trinians characters
    Chris Tucker
    Chris rock
    James bond and characters
    Dave chappelle
    Now some animal characters:
    Sand cat
    Lynx theif
    Kung Fu tiger
    Arch nemisis pit
    Capybara spy
    Racoon
    Ram
    Dragon
    Panda
    Squirrel
  • edited August 2010
    ^ what an odd list.
  • edited August 2010
    Lynx theif
    Indeed. But this one would be nice. Although I am not sure what a "theif" is... :D
  • edited August 2010
    Now some animal characters:
    Sand cat
    Lynx theif
    Kung Fu tiger
    Sam: Cats, I hate those guys!
  • edited August 2010
    That is why they should have a diabolical cat enemy.
  • edited August 2010
    They should make more episodes as well like a seven part or even eight part season.
  • edited August 2010
    They should make more episodes as well like a seven part or even eight part season.
    Nah, I'd prefer quality over quantity...and I think it would be harder to make a good integrated storyline with more episodes.

Besides, Telltale have a pretty tight schedule at the moment, I'm sure all the TOMI, BTTF, Jurassic Park fans will get pretty annoyed if Telltale devoted 8 months to Sam and Max. :rolleyes:
  • edited August 2010
    Tales of the Tentacle is gonna be sweet. If telltale decides to call it that, I so call claim to being the one to give them the idea for the name!

(not monetarily, of course.)
  • edited September 2010
    Well now that season 3 is done with (still kinda sad) let's start talking about season 4 some more to pass the time. I still think they should consider my list of possible characters that I posted on this thread previously. But let's hear some ideas I always like to see what others have to say that like the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.