Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Mack Salmon.

Effing Mack Salmon as one of the villains.

Please.
  • edited January 2011
    This.
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Mack Salmon.

Please.

I don't think that's too far off. They at least referenced him in Poker Night at the Inventory in the Sam and Max deck.
  • edited January 2011
    Papierwaite needs to stick around, especially since he's now apparently an ally.
  • edited January 2011
    Teeth wrote: »
    Papierwaite needs to stick around, especially since he's now apparently an ally.

Yeah, he's become a pretty popular character now.
  • edited January 2011
    I want to see stinky get his old body back somehow and for the gorilla guy his brain was switched with to get his brain back and decide to just hang out since skunkape is dead
  • edited January 2011
    Teeth wrote: »

Quoting for emphasis.
  • edited January 2011
    With the toybox gone I'm not sure there's a reason for retaining Yog Soggoth.
  • edited January 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »

They'll probably keep him as a friend or something zany
  • edited January 2011
    DAISHI wrote: »
    But Papierwaite has lived far beyond his normal lifespan. If he gets separated from Yoggy he might just die.
  • edited January 2011
    It was never revealed what happened to Paperwaite so I can see him reappearing. My guess is it'll have a lot of the character who were absent from Devil's Playhouse (Two-teeths, Bosco, Leonard, etc).

And I'd love to see the office brought back as well.
  • edited January 2011
    Judging by this.

General Skunkape uses the cloning chamber to clone himself, girl stinky, and possibly Samunmax too. Mind controls Past Max into going back in the past with parts of their DNA and putting tit in the cloning chamber t make duplicates of after Sam and Max Prime (real S&M) leave to battle Charrlie-ho-tep. THEN Max travels forward in time to where Sam Prime is near the statue of liberty, invite him to fight crimes in the future where Sam Prime must stop Skunkape the II's evil plan.
  • edited January 2011
    Wait are we interested in Papierwaite sticking around or Yog Soggoth? I could see Papierewaite sticking about since he's a wizardy thing. I don't know why Yog would want to stick around on the earthly plain though.
  • edited January 2011
    It's not like he's got a choice in the matter. He's been trying to escape from paperwaite's "lady-like torso" for decades. Even after the toybox was destroyed he had no success returning home.
  • edited January 2011
    Hmmm you're probably right and I just don't remember the dialogue.
  • edited January 2011
    I have to agree with Irishmile, though I did love the charachters for the last three seasons, I think it calls for a roadtrip across the country, and solving cases in a certain region of the country..because honestly we've seen it all before...
  • edited January 2011
    yeah, an entirely new cast and location would be interesting. Though some short appearances by previously introduced characters, such as sybil's baby, would be appreciated.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »

If I remember correctly, they tried to do this in Season 2, but Steve Purcell didn't want that. Seems like he wants that character for himself... ;)
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I want them to go on a road trip..... I really liked the Hit the Road vibe of traveling....
    [...] Get them away from all too familiar locations and people.

Yeah, the road trip idea! Actually, Season 3 had a lot of never-before-seen locations, and felt far more newyorky than ever before. We didn't even have a glimpse of the office! As for recurring characters, Season 4 could well take after Tales of Monkey Island, where TTG resisted the all too common fanboy urge to have as many old faces as possible, and if there were old faces, they might only have a cameo in one episode. That said, I'd miss Sybil (and as much as I can say against episode 5, Sybil's return was just great). But I could even do without the C.O.P.S. ... well, for one season at least. :D

Sam & Max could travel across the country again, or even plunge through space (hinthint) for a decent road movie game experience. The DeSoto was rather underrepresented in Season 3 (after all, it's still possessed!). The storyline should be even more planned beforehand as in Season 3 and have more of a story arc. I'd want the driving minigames to return, sort of (either earth-bound or in space).
  • edited February 2011
    The "flaming Max head" image appeared before the flaming Max heads in Season 3. If that's any indication, then Season 4 may feature devilish black Max imps.
  • edited February 2011
    I've read every calvin and hobbes book and i would was thinking maybe telltalegames could make a calvin and hobbes video game,and if telltalegames does make a calvin and hobbes video game,I would like to do the voice for calvin.
  • edited February 2011
    I've read every calvin and hobbes book and i would was thinking maybe telltalegames could make a calvin and hobbes video game,and if telltalegames does make a calvin and hobbes video game,I would like to do the voice for calvin.

No, if Telltale was to do a game based off a comic strip, it'd have to be Lio.

Also, I fail to see what this has to do with Sam & Max Season 4.
  • edited February 2011
    Guy, Bill Watterson has never allowed licensing C&H, or ever will.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2011
    ...and even if it would be cool, this is completely the wrong thread to utter the idea.

Bill Watterson FTW! :D
  • edited February 2011
    crfh wrote: »
    Guy, Bill Watterson has never allowed licensing C&H, or ever will.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that guy's living on some remote mountain in Asia these days anyway.
  • edited February 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    Besides, I'm pretty sure that guy's living on some remote mountain in Asia these days anyway.

Ah thanks now you've reminded me of this!

Anyway. Yeah I'd like to see them on a road trip, lots of chances for characters and enivroments. I do miss the office though so I guess I can't win em' all.
  • edited February 2011
    I want them to use that "slime ball" Ferrari F40 they rented out to replace their DeSoto whilst it gets de-demonized (?) Although they DID break that in the comics!
  • edited February 2011
    Sam & Max Episode 404: Police Not Found
  • edited February 2011
    Sam & Max Episode 404: Police Not Found

Oh yeah, one of Season 4's episodes will be 404, won't it? I can't wait to see what Telltale does with that.
  • edited February 2011
    A spinoff game starring Flint Paper. Hahaha.
  • edited February 2011
    I'm kinda hoping for some Season 3 or epicer (that's a word now) stuff. I had a weird theory involving dead Max wreaking havoc in heaven and being S4's villain in the other thread, but I'm not too sure...
  • edited February 2011
    yeah, I renember that thread... when you made a dialog about the ending in episode 404, something like this:
    Max: Long time no see, Sam
    Sam: But I'm right next to you little buddy...
    Max: I didn't say anything
    And then they turn around and see past max (as a ghost)
    That was genius!
  • edited February 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    A spinoff game starring Flint Paper. Hahaha.

No man; A spinoff RADIO SHOW starring Flint Paper. Telltale tooled around with doing one before. Shame they never followed through.
  • edited February 2011
    If I remember correctly, they tried to do this in Season 2, but Steve Purcell didn't want that. Seems like he wants that character for himself... ;)
    Depending on what they were going to use him for, I can kind of get that. In my opinion one of the worst things that could happen is a ToMI-style twist where the events from all the previous games are retroactively orchestrated by Mack Salmon. Bleh.
  • edited February 2011
    If I remember the commentary correctly, they were originally going to make Mr. Spatula turn into Mack Salmon in Moai Better Blues, but Steve didn't want Mack Salmon to have any sort of backstory.
  • edited February 2011
    OK, brainstorm!
    Let's said what we would like to see in the future's Sam and Max's games. At least three for person at week.
    Me first!
    1- I want to see Sybils baby! It's a boy or girl? It's an statue as like the father, or maybe it's half stone?
    2- I found funny the thing to play as Max in the season 3. Like fighting in a wild combat jam!
    3- Like the games makes jokes with things like internet, TV shows, the Hell... I wonder what will do in a case about fairy tales characters?? Like Cinderella, The Pied Piper, The singing Bone... Oh, the little Red Ridding Hood, I bet they could made a awsome Red Ridding Hood!!

Next!
  • edited March 2011
    Time to Ressurrect another Old Thread.

Why did I do this, you may ask?

It's because I want to know if People Care or not.
  • edited March 2011
    Fly wrote: »
    also i have a feeling it will be a point-and-click adventure game, guys.

damn, you're smart. and why aren't my caps working anymore?
  • edited March 2011
    There are a whole lot of new games that are in progress apparently, so Sam and Max season 4 probably will not make it until season 4
  • edited March 2011
    I really hope there is going to be another S & M season but if they are going to make it I dont think it would be any time soon.
  • edited May 2011
    Any word on if season 4 is in the works, yet?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.