Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    Wouldn't Satan also want to release Sam X, too? Nitpicking aside, That sounds pretty cool.

I don't know, but it could be explained in an episode where Sam, Max and Max X try to bring Sam X back.
  • edited September 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    :mad:THAT'S IT!!! I can't take it anymore!!! What's gonna happen next!!! I need to know!!! Do Sam and this Max get along? Maybe .....
    Are all who died REALLY DEAD? Why are there 2 endings??? WHAT DOES THAT FREAKIN BABY LOOK LIKE???
    Why does my mind feel so thoroughly F****D?!?!
    ?

I found out there were to ending because Jake (the director) and Chuck (the designer) had to diffrent view on an ending so they just implented both. I would doubt those who died are REALLY dead. For all we know they'll somehow come back. (I'm certain Sal is.) Just think positive. ;)
  • edited September 2010
    Also while we're at it, Chuck said [paraphrased] Max has a hive mind and shares the same thoughts and feelings as any other instance of Max. We don't need to be concerned that "this Max" is different than the other.
    I don't think Telltale is going to spend a season trying to undo/redo the events of the past season. Although I can see a bit of dialogue in 401. Also I think many of the characters who died are popular enough to return (i.e. Sal, Stinky)

Max: "It's too bad I don't have any unexplainable physic powers to help with the case, Sam"
    Sam: "But didn't having those physic powers cause you to... you know...
    Max: "What is it Sam?"
    Sam: "Nevermind."
  • edited September 2010
    I found out there were to ending because Jake (the director) and Chuck (the designer) had to diffrent view on an ending so they just implented both. I would doubt those who died are REALLY dead. For all we know they'll somehow come back. (I'm certain Sal is.) Just think positive. ;)
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    Also while we're at it, Chuck said [paraphrased] Max has a hive mind and shares the same thoughts and feelings as any other instance of Max. We don't need to be concerned that "this Max" is different than the other.
    I don't think Telltale is going to spend a season trying to undo/redo the events of the past season. Although I can see a bit of dialogue in 401. Also I think many of the characters who died are popular enough to return (i.e. Sal, Stinky)

Max: "It's too bad I don't have any unexplainable physic powers to help with the case, Sam"
    Sam: "But didn't having those physic powers cause you to... you know...
    Max: "What is it Sam?"
    Sam: "Nevermind."

Well I'm glad some people found my old dusty post worth replying to! Thanks! So Chuck's the designer, huh? I did not know that at the time, otherwise I would've taken that post more seriously! A hive mind... That's kind of a bland deus ex machina but unique.... Now I've gotta go in a different direction with my developing fanfic.

I still can't wait to see how the team is going to continue the series, though. Whatever they do, I'm sure it's going to be most excellent.
  • edited September 2010
    Also, this whole hive mind business should be addressed in the series at some point! Seriously!
    That 305 ending nearly scarred me for life.:D
  • edited September 2010
    Well I think season 4 would be a good time to bring back Sam & Max's "arch-nemesis" Mack Salmon but since the games Telltale makes now seem to be slowly getting more darker and edgier (not that it's a bad thing) things might not be as simple as usual for Sam & Max to get away from him. I'd say more but my imagination is dead sleeping right now.
  • edited September 2010
    I had some ideas in my head for a fourth season. It basically starts off with Sam and Max saving the city from a brand new villain (who then turns out to be the villain of episode 3) and then it turns out they are famous.

New characters include a reporter following them, an obsessive Max stalker, an evil rich nemesis, a mad scientist who lives between dimensions and a girl who is looking for her father.

Episode 1 revolves around some paradoxes that are appearing across the city as the result of meddling. Sam and Max spend the two episodes searching for the cause behind these and some other shady plots involving the reporter as the villian of the first episode.

At the end of episode 2, an apocalypse occurs as a result of Grandpa Stinky's actions and the whole city is destroyed. Sam and Max meet the scientist guy and spend Episode 3 putting it right, discovering that the first villain is behind it.

In Episode 4, everything is back to normal before the apocalypse and Sam and Max must confront a returning villain in the form of a vengeful General Skun-ka'pe. The episode ends as Max's stalker finally blackmails him into marrying her, creating a union of pure evil.

Episode 5 involves Sam attempting to break up the wedding before it can occur but fails - resulting in a scene where he breaks into the church to stop it when they are interrupted by Papierwaite.

Papierwaite blames Sameth and Maximus for all the bad things that have happened to him, and with Norrington finally gone and Max busy, he has won the election and is president. Papierwaite sends Sam and Max to the dark dimension as he prepares to destroy the planet and escape on Skun-ka'pe's ship.

There, they must make their way back as the mad scientist is revealed to be the girl's father, General Skun-ka'pe discovers he has a son on his home planet, the evil rival perishes and Sal and Stinky meet again in a parallel universe. Finally, with help from Satan, they return and stop Papierwaite.

At the last moment, Papierwaite is backstabbed by none other than the original Max who plans to destroy the world anyway, bitter at being replaced. At the last moment, the Sam from the alternate timeline shows up and leaves with him, solving the paradox and sealing the dimensions.

Thus, all the loose ends are tied up. Papierwaite is put in the dark dimension with Norrington again, much to both of their dismay and locked there for eternity.

But that's just all my ideas...
  • edited September 2010
    I'm kind of seeing Season 4 (or at least an episode of it) revolving around Sam and Max in the time machine, picking up past versions of themselves (comics, cartoon, Hit the Road, etc,..) to fight some new villain that they can't take down on their own.
  • edited September 2010
    Season 2 ended kind of ominously with Satan hinting that he'd be a future problem for Sam and Max, but then it simply was forgotten.

I'm perfectly happy with either mundane or epic shenanigans, but since we're throwing out ideas:

Chuckles is vicepresident now, and he's evil, and planning to kill Superball so he can become president.

Aditionally, Momma Bosco falls for Superball, and they have a baby that will look like the Alternate Bosco in Chariots of the Dogs (the one that had Superball as a daddy)

... I think I squicked myself.
  • edited September 2010
    Just clearing up the Satan thing.

SATAN is the Devil - when he says he'll be seeing them soon, it's because they'll die within the next hundred years or so. :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2010
    So I was thinking, and if they decide to do a time-travel thing for Season 4, I would love to be able to go back to 1971 and cause the cancellation of Culture's Clubhouse. It'd be hilarious if Sam & Max were the ones to not only ruin Brady's show, but also secure that the Soda Poppers show continued without competition.
  • edited September 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    So I was thinking, and if they decide to do a time-travel thing for Season 4, I would love to be able to go back to 1971 and cause the cancellation of Culture's Clubhouse. It'd be hilarious if Sam & Max were the ones to not only ruin Brady's show, but also secure that the Soda Poppers show continued without competition.

That would require the Soda Poppers showing up again. No thank you!
  • edited September 2010
    That would require the Soda Poppers showing up again. No thank you!

The Soda Poppers were on a completely different network. You could visit the Culture's Clubhouse studio and mess things up without bumping into the Soda Poppers even once.
  • edited September 2010
    I loved the idea above about using the "forotten hat" as a tutorial.

Personally I see some events that are coming to a head that most of you seem to have forgotten... it seems Agent Superball is at the point where he can unleash whatever twisted scheme he has been working on. Remember all the odd occurrences when Superball shouldn't have been around, and he never explained them? and isnt it strange that he became president when it should be the VICE president (aka Sam) who takes over when Max is incapacitated? I think superball has some heinous scheme up his sleeve and it will finally be revealed!
    tabstis wrote: »
    Just clearing up the Satan thing.
    SATAN is the Devil - when he says he'll be seeing them soon, it's because they'll die within the next hundred years or so. :rolleyes:

"whaddaya want? an exxxxxtension?" (sorry but that popped into my head when I read that post) And who's to say S+M will be able to be contained in Hell, after all they already wreaked havoc there once, and if only 1 of them dies the other will save him ALA 205 Max releasing Sam.
  • edited September 2010
    Didn't Max make Mr Spatula VP?
  • edited September 2010
    yes he was but then he let superball take over after spatula died
  • edited September 2010
    jaden551 wrote: »
    yes he was but then he let superball take over after spatula died

Didnt S+M kinda kill Mr Spatula...? and in what epp did Superball become VP?
  • edited September 2010
    Ashton wrote: »
    Didnt S+M kinda kill Mr Spatula...? and in what epp did Superball become VP?

This also confuses me. I think I may have missed something, but how did he become the VP?
  • edited October 2010
    I really don't want to see the season be about finding/resurrecting the original Max, or Sam and the new Max not getting along, or anything like that. Half of this season was already like that. 302 barely had the real Sam and Max. 303 started with Sam alone, then Sam and Sammunmak, then Sam and Max's brain. 305 didn't have the real Max in it at all. A lot of these suggestions sound like you want episode 306 instead of 401. I fully expect (and want) the next season to start with a call from the Commisioner like nothing was ever wrong. References to Season 3, of course, but not a whole new season built around the last one.
  • edited October 2010
    Scnew wrote: »
    I really don't want to see the season be about finding/resurrecting the original Max, or Sam and the new Max not getting along, or anything like that. Half of this season was already like that. 302 barely had the real Sam and Max. 303 started with Sam alone, then Sam and Sammunmak, then Sam and Max's brain. 305 didn't have the real Max in it at all. A lot of these suggestions sound like you want episode 306 instead of 401. I fully expect (and want) the next season to start with a call from the Commisioner like nothing was ever wrong. References to Season 3, of course, but not a whole new season built around the last one.

I don't know what to think from the sheer number of cross speculations, but I think the game developers idea of the whole thing is "it's just max, nothing more, nothing less" so people saying that the max at the end wasn't the REAL max need to stop looking into it so much, but on the other hand, he did
    blow himself up alongside skunkape's ship as a selfless act to stop skunkape
    so I agree, I don't know where I stand with it either!
  • edited November 2010
    i can't believe i'm saying this. because i'm a HUGE fan of the sam & max games, especially this last season. but i think they should wait a few years before doing a 4th season. i dont want these games to get stale. maybe do a zak mcKraken in the meantime? :P
  • edited November 2010
    You can leave the room, Shref.

(Just kidding. But honestly, a FEW YEARS?! Who CARES if it's boring and stale, I JUST WANT IT SOON.)
  • edited November 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    You can leave the room, Shref.

(Just kidding. But honestly, a FEW YEARS?! Who CARES if it's boring and stale, I JUST WANT IT SOON.)

lol i was expecting a response like that. but they could make some more monkey island or revive zak mckraken or maniac mansion in the meantime :) more awesome series > 1 overdone series ;)
  • edited November 2010
    My take on Season 4: we'd probably see a major Sam and Max case through the eyes of another person a la Raiden from MGS2. Political and conspiracy thriller parodies abound. Sam and Max are mentioned but only show up near the season's end. Fan backlash, corny references to other video games (Bluster Blaster as THE PATRIOTS), etc.
  • edited November 2010
    Seriously no I want my Sam and Max right now if not sooner.
  • edited November 2010
    tabstis wrote: »
    I had some ideas in my head for a fourth season. It basically starts off with Sam and Max saving the city from a brand new villain (who then turns out to be the villain of episode 3) and then it turns out they are famous.

New characters include a reporter following them, an obsessive Max stalker, an evil rich nemesis, a mad scientist who lives between dimensions and a girl who is looking for her father.

Episode 1 revolves around some paradoxes that are appearing across the city as the result of meddling. Sam and Max spend the two episodes searching for the cause behind these and some other shady plots involving the reporter as the villian of the first episode.

At the end of episode 2, an apocalypse occurs as a result of Grandpa Stinky's actions and the whole city is destroyed. Sam and Max meet the scientist guy and spend Episode 3 putting it right, discovering that the first villain is behind it.

In Episode 4, everything is back to normal before the apocalypse and Sam and Max must confront a returning villain in the form of a vengeful General Skun-ka'pe. The episode ends as Max's stalker finally blackmails him into marrying her, creating a union of pure evil.

Episode 5 involves Sam attempting to break up the wedding before it can occur but fails - resulting in a scene where he breaks into the church to stop it when they are interrupted by Papierwaite.

Papierwaite blames Sameth and Maximus for all the bad things that have happened to him, and with Norrington finally gone and Max busy, he has won the election and is president. Papierwaite sends Sam and Max to the dark dimension as he prepares to destroy the planet and escape on Skun-ka'pe's ship.

There, they must make their way back as the mad scientist is revealed to be the girl's father, General Skun-ka'pe discovers he has a son on his home planet, the evil rival perishes and Sal and Stinky meet again in a parallel universe. Finally, with help from Satan, they return and stop Papierwaite.

At the last moment, Papierwaite is backstabbed by none other than the original Max who plans to destroy the world anyway, bitter at being replaced. At the last moment, the Sam from the alternate timeline shows up and leaves with him, solving the paradox and sealing the dimensions.

Thus, all the loose ends are tied up. Papierwaite is put in the dark dimension with Norrington again, much to both of their dismay and locked there for eternity.

But that's just all my ideas...
    i like your idea its nice i like it new people new evil new season and also i have a idea for a name sam and max and the world to come if i was at telltalegames like a boss or something i would let you be my idol for ideas good job
  • edited November 2010
    *cries* they're taking too long to release season 4
  • edited November 2010
    Man--if TellTale releases ANYTHING, I have to buy it on conviction. You guys make awesome adventure games!

Specifically, if you release a 4th Series for Sam & Max, I'm yours.

Hell, if you released one series a year for the next 70 years, I'd die a happy (albeit poorer) man. :D
  • edited November 2010
    I see season 4 being like a parallel type of season esp after Sam and Max went into the elevator time machine.

However, it migh get old quite fast considering that other previous eps like Reality 2.0 and They Stole Max's brain kinda plays into that.

I think the idea of someone saying that they revisit HTR would be a nice touch, but TT would probably have to get a license from LA if it is too blatant. I can see them, however, doing a loose or vague reference. For instance, having freelance police travelling back in time right after the events of HTR. I can imagine them somehow stopping stop the trees from overpopulating the globe. That could also explain the slight street inconsistancies betwee HTR and the TT games.
  • edited November 2010
    I have a feeling that the new Max is going to betray you at some point in season 4 or even be the villain. It makes sense because Telltale could never make the real Max be the villain because he was to attached to Sam and that would ruin the game because the game is called Sam and Max.
  • edited November 2010
    Here's something for you: If Max has a hive mind like the developers claim, and Max Prime is now gleefully messing around in Hell, could both Maxes communicate to each other via memories and the like? That would make for a pretty cool mechanic, too.
  • edited November 2010
    Steve Purcell said in his blog the only continuity he needs is Sam and Max themselves, and that he's not worried about making new things fit into old.

And seeing how the Max in Poker Night remember his psychic powers just as he never died, it's pretty safe to say there's no point in debating if the Max we're going to hopefully see in Season 4 is "the real Max".
  • edited November 2010
    Does he really remember them, though? The only reference I've seen him make to them so far was referring to them as a weird dream he had. Not that it really matters, but I'm picky that way.
  • edited November 2010
    Well spoilers: he says like in three occasions that he can see your cards due to his psychic powers, or that his psychic powers are back but he's not using them to cheat, and he even gets out the future vision visor at some point
  • edited November 2010
    I'd imagine the series will take a completely different spin, although loosely being based on some of the events in season 3!
  • edited November 2010
    In Poker Night, "Past Max" references 204. So yeah. Nothing to worry about on that front.
  • edited November 2010
    I had a dream about Season 4. Starts in the basement and Max is waiting in Desoto- now a space rocket. When Sam jumps in they launch off and it triggers a minigame where Sam tries to catch one of the stars in the galaxy to put it in his inventory.

Oh and the game didn't have a fixed camera.
  • edited November 2010
    If max dies in the last episode, how does he come back from the time machine if he is really dead?
  • edited November 2010
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    If max dies in the last episode, how does he come back from the time machine if he is really dead?

Play Season 2 Episode 4 to find out which timeline Max that is.

On in short, it's Max from a different timeline, Sam & Max messed up their own timeline and had to relive a year all over again as past Sam & Max stole the time machine.
  • edited December 2010
    ****SPOILERS FOR 305 ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D BE HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THAT YET BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF PATHETIC****

I just realized something. At the end of 305, all of Max's powers except for the astral projection were shorted out when he was electrocuted. So does that mean his ghost would be able to possess the alternate timeline Max that replaced him after the credits? That...would be pretty awesome.

****END OF THE SPOILERS FOR 305 ALTHOUGH I STILL DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'D BE HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T EVEN BEATEN THAT YET BECAUSE IT'S STILL PRETTY KIND OF PATHETIC****
Sign in to comment in this discussion.