Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Player_2 wrote: »
    I just realized something. At the end of 305, all of Max's powers except for the astral projection were shorted out when he was electrocuted. So does that mean his ghost would be able to possess the alternate timeline Max that replaced him after the credits? That...would be pretty awesome.

Well, I did suggest that as a theory also. I personally think that it's a fantastic idea. Maybe it was too obvious in the writers' eyes? What I least expected was for Past Max to show up and have a HIVE MIND.That still bothers me a little- But eh, who can be sure... ;)
  • edited December 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    --Why did Bosco need 20 thousand dollars?

Bosco and B.B. were epic failures at counting cards, so...presumably to save his knee caps.

Also, DeathSpank's sequel wasn't in development at the same time as the first, it was part of the freakin' first game that got chopped into a second. Go watch so of the videos for the first, you'll see locations from the second in there.
  • FlyFly
    edited December 2010
    Without getting too in-depth/set-up-for-disappointment/fanfiction-y about it, did anyone else pick up on President Superball's line in 305 about his 'superiors'? It's probably a conspiracy theory gag, but I know I'm curious!

If they did go there, that would also have the benefit of, potentially, not being too far a step down from Satan and Elder Gods. You could do pretty much anything with that idea.

The only other idea I have is that, since Noir Sam was so popular, he'll show up again... which will probably mean something awful (but temporary) happens to Max.

ALSO I HAVE A GOOD FEELING IT WILL BE A POINT-AND-CLICK ADVENTURE GAME, GUYS.
  • edited December 2010
    Does he really remember them, though? The only reference I've seen him make to them so far was referring to them as a weird dream he had. Not that it really matters, but I'm picky that way.

Well, when he was beaten badly in one hand in Poker Night, he says:
    I haven't been beaten that bad since SOMEONE *looking at player* let Superball fire a giant missile into my chest!

So personally, I'd say he remembers.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd like to see Sam and Max tackle onto some mad science in Season 4. They have used it on their side, but I'd love to see a mad scientist villain.
  • edited December 2010
    I had a dream I was browsing the web and I was on the telltale site, and there it was : SAM AND MAX SEASON 4 OUT NOW!

I couldn't actually buy it though, then I woke up.

Damn
  • edited December 2010
    Hopefully, TTG re-visit that intriguing plot thread at the end of season 2 - you know when the Devil says to "the bug" of a possible business arrangement.

I was slightly miffed that wasn't included in the Devil's Playhouse. Especially as it included two really underused characters who I thought would get a bigger spotlight that season. But I guess it was just a red herring (along with season 3's title and the Devil's appearance in 305) to sway gamers from the real villian. :(
  • edited December 2010
    Spoilers for 305!!!

Personally, I wanna see the big bad as the "real" Max, who went to heaven thanks to his selfless act and, upon seeing that Sam has replaced him, goes into a freakout and enters an epic (player-controlled?) mode as he takes over heaven and sends various disasters his former friend's way. Of course, it will all be riddled with humor (Max: I die, and he just replaces me like some sort of goldfish? I'm gonna go on an online forum to complain about it and write a fix-fic about how it didn't happen!!), but still be pretty dark as Max sullenly forces Sam to make a choice.

Although if this does happen, my in-progress fic about this very scenario will be worthless.
  • edited December 2010
    SamXMax wrote: »
    Spoilers for 305!!!

Personally, I wanna see the big bad as the "real" Max, who went to heaven thanks to his selfless act and, upon seeing that Sam has replaced him, goes into a freakout and enters an epic (player-controlled?) mode as he takes over heaven and sends various disasters his former friend's way. Of course, it will all be riddled with humor (Max: I die, and he just replaces me like some sort of goldfish? I'm gonna go on an online forum to complain about it and write a fix-fic about how it didn't happen!!), but still be pretty dark as Max sullenly forces Sam to make a choice.

Although if this does happen, my in-progress fic about this very scenario will be worthless.

I'd actually like to read that...post it when you're done? Please?

Because I'm a huge nerd, I'm already working on my OWN Sam-and-two-rival-Maxes fix.

Except for mine, it's not so much that the ghost Max is having a tantrum because he was replaced as that he's really lonely on his own and is trying to find a way to come back to life so that he can be friends with Sam again, even though he keeps getting warnings about trying to cling to the living world, and he tries using his astral projection to possess the living Max, and...yeah.

...I feel kind of embarrassed about admitting that.
  • edited December 2010
    I'd actually like to read that...post it when you're done? Please?

Because I'm a huge nerd, I'm already working on my OWN Sam-and-two-rival-Maxes fix.

Except for mine, it's not so much that the ghost Max is having a tantrum because he was replaced as that he's really lonely on his own and is trying to find a way to come back to life so that he can be friends with Sam again, even though he keeps getting warnings about trying to cling to the living world, and he tries using his astral projection to possess the living Max, and...yeah.

...I feel kind of embarrassed about admitting that.

...what.

Also, there has to be another season. THERE JUST HAS TO BE.

Also this season had a disturbing lack of bosco.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited December 2010
    SamXMax wrote: »
    Spoilers for 305!!!

Personally, I wanna see the big bad as the "real" Max, who went to heaven thanks to his selfless act and, upon seeing that Sam has replaced him, goes into a freakout and enters an epic (player-controlled?) mode as he takes over heaven and sends various disasters his former friend's way.

I know this is different from what you're talking about but it reminds me...

There was a brief period of time where 204 time stream split Sam & Max were either the villains of the season or of an episode, but I think that in the end it seemed too insider to do that, so it was cut. We were all happy to get that weird time continuity madness into the end of 305, but not everyone agreed. :)

I (or someone else from whom I stole the idea) had pitched at one point that in Season 3 you actually play as the Sam and Max who steal the time machine in 204, to see where they go and what they do, as an excuse to do a semi-reboot -- open the season in the final act of 204 with the UFO about to self destruct, then follow the other Sam & Max instead of "our" Sam & Max -- but that was also way too weird and niche.

I'm glad that at the end of the day, Season 3 ended up with a story that follows linearly from Season 2, but with a reasonably clean break from all of the baggage right at the start, but I would have loved to see more of weird alternate timeline Sam & Max.
  • edited December 2010
    Jake wrote: »
    I (or someone else from whom I stole the idea) had pitched at one point that in Season 3 you actually play as the Sam and Max who steal the time machine in 204, to see where they go and what they do, as an excuse to do a semi-reboot -- open the season in the final act of 204 with the UFO about to self destruct, then follow the other Sam & Max instead of "our" Sam & Max -- but that was also way too weird and niche.

I would've been a little disappointed if season three wasn't about "our" Sam & Max, but it's still an interesting idea - maybe use it as a spin-off, or something? Another webcomic like "The Big Sleep," or a super-secret-bonus episode six, something like that.
  • edited December 2010
    I would've been a little disappointed if season three wasn't about "our" Sam & Max, but it's still an interesting idea - maybe use it as a spin-off, or something? Another webcomic like "The Big Sleep," or a super-secret-bonus episode six, something like that.

I've started to storyboard a short animation called "Welcome to Hell, Please Hold" that details what happened to Max and Alt!Sam after they died- it also includes Stinkoman as he waits for someone to insert more quarters so he can be 'reincarnated' (Jurgen: Welcome to Hell, please take a num- oh, it's you again.) and Mike Lobb (Demonic Max: So, uh, for the record, date and cause of death? Lobb (Still frozen like a popsicle): Uh-uh-uh it wa-wa-ACHOO!, promptly sneezing ectoplasmic gunk all over Max) as well as a few others.

I'll work on it over winter break. Maybe I can harass some forum members to do some of the voices?
  • edited December 2010
    I'm glad that at the end of the day, Season 3 ended up with a story that follows linearly from Season 2, but with a reasonably clean break from all of the baggage right at the start

For me, it was a major plus in S3. As much as I love Season 2, I think it reasonably exploited all its resources, and going forward with something in the same vein would have inevitably mean going downward, too.
    but I would have loved to see more of weird alternate timeline Sam & Max.

I would love to see anything more Sam&Max related - alternate or not. Hm. Probably that doesn't count, does it? :D
  • edited December 2010
    Avel wrote: »
    Bosco and B.B. were epic failures at counting cards, so...presumably to save his knee caps.

Also, DeathSpank's sequel wasn't in development at the same time as the first, it was part of the freakin' first game that got chopped into a second. Go watch so of the videos for the first, you'll see locations from the second in there.

LOL! Well that maKes sense I suppose.

And that whole Deathspank issue is so, so weird.
  • edited December 2010
    I know this is different from what you're talking about but it reminds me...

There was a brief period of time where 204 time stream split Sam & Max were either the villains of the season or of an episode, but I think that in the end it seemed too insider to do that, so it was cut. We were all happy to get that weird time continuity madness into the end of 305, but not everyone agreed. :)

I'm glad that at the end of the day, Season 3 ended up with a story that follows linearly from Season 2, but with a reasonably clean break from all of the baggage right at the start, but I would have loved to see more of weird alternate timeline Sam & Max.

Wow, the alternate Sam and Max were brought in fairly early on as potential plot ideas. Some people (not me) thought the ending felt tacked on. I felt that it was intentional! If the plot got that convoluted, as you mentioned, I would've wanted 10 episodes! But, as you stated, too weird and niche.

Now I appreciate the ending a lot more than I did before. So, the writing team wanted to incorporate that time paradox into the story somehow? Well I have to say, it 'worked', but it wasn't the neatest of endings. Or was that intentional too...?:)
  • edited December 2010
    Now that Sam and Max have the time machine it would be neat if they created a third alternate version of the selves or maybe fifty alternate time clones. Sam and Max travel 5 minutes into the past relive those five minutes repeat untill there's a room full of them.
  • edited December 2010
    i don't even have season 3 it hasn't come to x box live i been playing seasons 1,2 a few time times waiting for the next one to come .
  • edited January 2011
    omg, i just finished season 3 and it was AWESOME!! :eek:

best and weirdest season so far!

looking forward to the next one!
  • edited January 2011
    *SPOILER ALERT*

It just occured to me that at the end of season 3 Sam and ALT max have the time machine so they might be able to stop ALT sam an original max from dying
  • edited January 2011
    why not sam and max is cool and is got is a wiki
  • edited January 2011
    bye i am going to play sam and max
  • edited January 2011
    There's probably a dead thread of this somewhere, but I'm surprised that there isn't a discussion topic on this, specifically.

So, guys. What do you think's gonna happen next?
  • edited January 2011
    There was a thread I guess, but the possibilities are so endless and most of them are just so random it's turned into another forum game. There is no point on speculating though, really. Not like anyone will turn out to be RIGHT when it finally comes out.
  • edited January 2011
    There's a point - I saw that thread just now, actually.

Just attempting to wake up this forum, a little. :/
  • edited January 2011
    *Hits snooze*

Wake me up after ToMI Season 2.
  • edited January 2011
    It's probably going to be lighter than The Devil's Playhouse, or at least start out lighter and again slowly move back into dark territory. It might focus on Sam as last season did on Max. The epic level will be further down on the scale, closer to season one and two.

Watch as I'm completely and utterly wrong.
  • edited January 2011
    they might try to make a season about electromagnetic sam but i doubt it would be as good as devils playhouse since we know the ending thou they might put some twist into it but Meh...
  • edited January 2011
    I hope we get the office back! I loved wandering around in there at the start of each episode clicking on all the stuff and shooting out the window (Which always gets a laugh)

Apart from that, I'm a bit concerned because telltale haven't even confirmed a fourth season yet :(
    Will they? And if yes, out this year maybe?
  • edited January 2011
    Telltale hasn't let me down with any of the season's so far. My only thought at this point is if they will even make a season four. I really hope they do however.
  • edited January 2011
    Shyguy wrote: »
    Telltale hasn't let me down with any of the season's so far. My only thought at this point is if they will even make a season four. I really hope they do however.

Realistically, I'd like to think season 4 is their last season, a sad thought but I cant see them going to sam and max season 10 and beyond
  • edited January 2011
    GeorgeC wrote: »
    Realistically, I'd like to think season 4 is their last season, a sad thought but I cant see them going to sam and max season 10 and beyond

My biggest fear is if they sellout to another company and they ruin the image of Sam&Max, kinda like Crash Bandicoot. Horrifying.
  • edited January 2011
    I want them to go on a road trip..... I really liked the Hit the Road vibe of traveling....

Maybe they could search for Sybil's kidnapped baby... Simple plot... but more locations and unique new characters...

Get them away from all too familiar locations and people.
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I want them to go on a road trip..... I really liked the Hit the Road vibe of traveling....

Maybe they could search for Sybil's kidnapped baby... Simple plot... but more locations and unique new characters...

Get them away from all too familiar locations and people.

But not bosco! I never get tired of how they mess him around and fool with him :D
  • edited January 2011
    yeah i must see that abomination ...i mean Sybil's baby... and we haven't got to mess up with Basco in 3rd season like at all
  • edited January 2011
    GeorgeC wrote: »

What if season 3 is their last season?

Honestly I hope Sam & Max have a lot of new games, there is nothing bad about this if they can make games like the first 3 seasons

what about something on their past? How do they met and found the freelance police, etc
  • edited January 2011
    I'd like Sam and Max to go to space, for reals, not just in a ufo
  • edited January 2011
    crfh wrote: »

they were on the moon in season one :D
  • edited January 2011
    crfh wrote: »

They went to space on bright side of the moon :o
  • edited January 2011
    i want the new game just to see Sybil's and Abe's baby>_>