Season 4 Speculation/Suggestion Thread

Comments

• edited September 2010
    lombre wrote: »
    Season 3 just ended. Give them a while. This is Sam & Max, not Deathspank.

What does that mean? Deathspank 2 was in development at the same time as the original. They aren't just "rushing" out a sequel.
  • edited September 2010
    Ikzai wrote: »
    What does that mean? Deathspank 2 was in development at the same time as the original. They aren't just "rushing" out a sequel.

Lol I don't think lombre meant to bash Deathspank. Its just that Sam and Max is going to take more time to develop a sequel of equal or better quality compared to Season 3.
    The approach they're going to take with the story they decide to use is going to take a little while on its own.
  • edited September 2010
    1. President Max has sacrificed himself, and President Superball's deadpan reign fails to last as Abe Lincoln becomes the first American president to run a third term. First Lady Sybil is busy organising an International Union of All Trades, in addition to tending her Venus-of-Milo-like armless daughter.

2. Girl Stinky survives the explosion, but now that her disguise has been blown, she changes her name and goes by another identity. Meanwhile, Grandpa Stinky finds on Craigslist a mysterious young lady who shares his passion for cockroaches...

3. Bosco gets married in Vegas, to a rich, flamboyant drag-queen who is also an animal activist. He/she is forever at odds with Momma Bosco's animal experimentation, and sparks fly in BoscoTech labs -- not to mention feather boas and fake breasts.
  • edited September 2010
    Randulf wrote: »
    1. President Max has sacrificed himself, and President Superball's deadpan reign fails to last as Abe Lincoln becomes the first American president to run a third term. First Lady Sybil is busy organising an International Union of All Trades, in addition to tending her Venus-of-Milo-like armless daughter.

I could actually see this happen. It's the most connected to what we've seen in the last episode with Sybil and Lincoln.
  • edited September 2010
    2. Girl Stinky survives the explosion, but now that her disguise has been blown, she changes her name and goes by another identity. Meanwhile, Grandpa Stinky finds on Craigslist a mysterious young lady who shares his passion for cockroaches...

and alien gorillas most likely.
  • edited September 2010
    I could see an entire season dedicated to Sameth and Maximus.

But that could be the fact that I've been dying for a 'Sherlock Holmes' type game that doesn't suck.
  • edited September 2010
    Abe Lincoln becomes the first American president to run a third term.

Okay, this is going to bug me if I don't correct this. Up until Franklin Deleno Roosevelt, there was no two-term rule. FDR served four terms and there were probably other presidents who did three terms.
  • edited September 2010
    Strong Max wrote: »
    Okay, this is going to bug me if I don't correct this. Up until Franklin Deleno Roosevelt, there was no two-term rule. FDR served four terms and there were probably other presidents who did three terms.

There was no two term rule, but it was a precedent set by Washington himself. No other president before wanted to hold office more than he did. After FDR died in office, a law was put in place to prevent it from happening again. So now a president cannot serve more than two terms.
  • edited September 2010
    There should be some new puzzles where max can shoot.
    Also the Revenge of Leonard!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Gohaku wrote: »
    Lol I don't think lombre meant to bash Deathspank. Its just that Sam and Max is going to take more time to develop a sequel of equal or better quality compared to Season 3.
    The approach they're going to take with the story they decide to use is going to take a little while on its own.

Yeah, I wasn't Deathspank bashing, just using it as a comparison. Most game sequels just don't work that way, and Deathspank is the only one I can think of that apparently does.

Ain't got nothin' again the Deathspank, sir/madam.

Word.
  • edited September 2010
    -
    -Why did Bosco need 20 thousand dollars?
    -Where was Papierwaite and Dr. Norrington?

I've formulated a huge theory from this list alone. Season 4 is gonna rock so hard.

Bosco is in debt due to his Vegas misadventure. As for Papierwaite and Yoggy, now that the last toy of power is gone with monster Max, they'll have to find another solution to separate.

Or, what if they don't want to separate at all? Pappie has lived far beyond his natural lifespan, and cutting his off the dark power may mean death for him.
  • edited September 2010
    Bosco is in debt due to his Vegas misadventure. As for Papierwaite and Yoggy, now that the last toy of power is gone with monster Max, they'll have to find another solution to separate.

Or, what if they don't want to separate at all? Pappie has lived far beyond his natural lifespan, and cutting his off the dark power may mean death for him.

Well, he seemed pretty adamant about separation, so it either means he'll continue aging as normal, or he REALLY wants to die. That's kinda depressing, actually.
  • edited September 2010
    Theory: It wasn't Sam Prime who picked up his hat at the end of 305 (At least in the Adventure ending), it was either:

1) A clone.
    2) Some other form of Sam, leading into a "multiverse" storyline.
    3) Past Sam, who is *not* dead yet (I still hold out hope that there was no paradox, that Sam Prime and Past Sam/Max Prime and Past Max are the same beings with no paradox whatsoever, just a lot of mind-wiping on Superball's part... and also that Sam is one of the clones created in his own image by Charlie).

Presumably, the start of 401 involves Sam Prime and Past Max returning to that spot to collect Sam's hat... but being slightly too late. Thus the adventure to recover the hat serves as a tutorial like getting the phone back was in 101, and dumps our heroes in the new story.
  • edited September 2010
    Blayze wrote: »
    Theory: It wasn't Sam Prime who picked up his hat at the end of 305 (At least in the Adventure ending), it was either:

1) A clone.
    2) Some other form of Sam, leading into a "multiverse" storyline.
    3) Past Sam, who is *not* dead yet (I still hold out hope that there was no paradox, that Sam Prime and Past Sam/Max Prime and Past Max are the same beings with no paradox whatsoever, just a lot of mind-wiping on Superball's part... and also that Sam is one of the clones created in his own image by Charlie).

Presumably, the start of 401 involves Sam Prime and Past Max returning to that spot to collect Sam's hat... but being slightly too late. Thus the adventure to recover the hat serves as a tutorial like getting the phone back was in 101, and dumps our heroes in the new story.

I might have just been hearing things, but I think I heard a little ding from the time elevator just before we see Sam reach for his hat. So wouldn't that mean that Sam simply went back for it?
  • edited September 2010
    I might have just been hearing things, but I think I heard a little ding from the time elevator just before we see Sam reach for his hat. So wouldn't that mean that Sam simply went back for it?

Not to mention we SEE the elevator from behind one more time after he gets his hat (or Sam Jr. depending on which version you got). Then the elevator sinks off into time....
  • edited September 2010
    Should they have season 4 on iPad. I own one and I think it's awesome but can it handle the power of telling another tale of the Cunning critter and K9 or would it suck cannon balls.
  • edited September 2010
    Characters don't die in adventure games. :rolleyes:

Anyway, it'll probably be about two or three years since the next one, considering all the second series, Jurassic Parks and BTTF games that Telltale are planning.

A four year gap would be too painful to bear though, please make it as short as possible Telltale! :D

People do die in adventure games, just think of tales of monkey island, there was guybrush, morgan, noobie, and i'm sure theres more. Also in sam and max 305 max dies, so does the narrator, skunkape, skunkape's minion, sal and sammun-mak
  • edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFD8sSUDcpE

You see some of *a* Time Elevator, and hear it as it arrives. You see an arm belong to someone presumed to be Sam pick up his hat, and then hear the sound of the Time Elevator leaving again.

At no point is there any proof that it is the same Time Elevator that Sam Prime and Past Max left on.

At no point is there any proof that the occupant or occupants of that Time Elevator are Sam Prime and Past Max.

Why would a different version of Sam, or Sam from a different point in time, want Sam's hat? Because it makes the wearer immune to mind control.
  • edited September 2010
    The best time for season 4 to come out should be at least in the next 3 years if any longer they'll loose their momentum.
  • edited September 2010

No.

No.
    3. Bosco gets married in Vegas, to a rich, flamboyant drag-queen who is also an animal activist. He/she is forever at odds with Momma Bosco's animal experimentation, and sparks fly in BoscoTech labs -- not to mention feather boas and fake breasts.

NO!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFD8sSUDcpE

You see some of *a* Time Elevator, and hear it as it arrives. You see an arm belong to someone presumed to be Sam pick up his hat, and then hear the sound of the Time Elevator leaving again.

At no point is there any proof that it is the same Time Elevator that Sam Prime and Past Max left on.

At no point is there any proof that the occupant or occupants of that Time Elevator are Sam Prime and Past Max.

Why would a different version of Sam, or Sam from a different point in time, want Sam's hat? Because it makes the wearer immune to mind control.
    But how can you be sure that Sam has been wearing his mind control blocker this whole time?
  • edited September 2010
    My thesis for the new series: Sam and Max travel to Asgard to stop Ragnarok.
  • edited September 2010
    But how can you be sure that Sam has been wearing his mind control blocker this whole time?

I'm assuming he was, since he had it built into his hat, and the first thing he does at the start of 303 is ditch his hat to go Noir -- which would explain why he's affected when it all goes south later on in that game.

If that's the case, then the concept of Future Sam going back in time to take his past self's protective headgear is sound.

"I always did wonder who took this baby. Guess I should've known, really."
  • edited September 2010
    401 will start most probably as a marathon of clumpsy waiting, with the newly-reformed (!) duo having to face, when there isn't a "wave of happiness" spreading through the town (like it says in 301), small cases finished in a matter of seconds. But the point won't be these cases, but the continous tension between Sam and the new Max, as Sam hasn't got used to him and any of Max's joke attempts will be dismissed as "the mere shadow of old Max's jokes", but then a strange thing happens. Like, for instance, the sudden appearence of the time elevator, with another couple of Sam and Max. For spicing things up, Sam could be the one with bad habits (anyone imagining a hyperkinetic dog?... And don't forget the fudge addiction) and Max could be the nice cop (eventually, Max could have clothes - and tie, of course - and Sam - naked! Like the Samulacra from 304). And the two Sam & Max couples have to change places - so that the player would only control Max and Sam would be wandering around and jumping "Wwwhheeeehhh!" After this, of course, serious things appear on the horizon, like stuff that threatens the very existance of the entire "omniverse" (I think I actually heard this term in, me thinks, 304) And, maybe, the new duo would have to make a REAL tour of the world to find the clues and kick villains, visiting this way samandmaxified versions of Paris, London, Tokyo and so on. And eventually add to the mix a duo similar to Sam & Max that work as... freelance police on the streets of Tokyo, and their names would be... Saiki and Maoto?

Neah, all this would be too wild.
    For realistic predictions: I would say Bosco will make a real comeback. And maybe Hugh Bliss too. Maybe someone from the pre-101 world will arrive, like Lefty...
  • edited September 2010
    I'm assuming he was, since he had it built into his hat, and the first thing he does at the start of 303 is ditch his hat to go Noir -- which would explain why he's affected when it all goes south later on in that game.

No he had it installed into his SKULL, in 102 when Max shot him sam said something like "good thing my mind control device was infused to my skull or that would have hurt"
    EDIT:Oh sure when I played it, Sam says Skull, apparently it is hat though. Which doesnt at all explain how max was able to shoot him in the head(I watched carefully it hit him in the skull) and sam lives.
  • edited September 2010
    Ok, here goes: 401 Opening
    Opening credits is a montage of past events all climaxing to the final moments between Sam and Max. Sam awakens in a cold sweat and looks to his right as the camera pans to Max sitting on the floor polishing his luger-with lube lol. Max waves at his partner. Sam gives a halfhearted smile and looks out the window. (Don't these guys have a house??)

The duo are lounging around the office; Suddenly the phone rings! Chaos ensues. "I got it!!!" While the two are preoccupied in a stranglehold, a feline ninja masked up to his ears appears in the Freelance Polices' window. "No one's answering that phone", he says, "Taking that case will interfere with MY mission! Your meddling could lead the demise of yourselves and everyone around you ." "That's kinda what we do" says the little white lagomorph only slightly taller than the feline. Max bounds for the phone and is stopped in his tracks as 4 ninja stars land on the wall beside him. "This could be a problem" Sam adjusts his hat. The feline hops out of the window, "Agree to not take the case involving a ninja occult and a soul mater and I'll leave in peace." Max cocks his luger, "If we refuse?" The cat narrows his eyes, "I'll send you to Hell." "Been there done that", says Sam. "Really!?" "Shut up Max."

-FIRST PUZZLE: ANSWER THE PHONE. THE NINJA DEFLECTS BULLETS WITH HIS SWORD.
  • edited September 2010
    Ok, here goes: 401 Opening
    Opening credits is a montage of past events all climaxing to the final moments between Sam and Max. Sam awakens in a cold sweat and looks to his right as the camera pans to Max sitting on the floor polishing his luger-with lube lol. Max waves at his partner. Sam gives a halfhearted smile and looks out the window. (Don't these guys have a house??)

The duo are lounging around the office; Suddenly the phone rings! Chaos ensues. "I got it!!!" While the two are preoccupied in a stranglehold, a feline ninja masked up to his ears appears in the Freelance Polices' window. "No one's answering that phone", he says, "Taking that case will interfere with MY mission! Your meddling could lead the demise of yourselves and everyone around you ." "That's kinda what we do" says the little white lagomorph only slightly taller than the feline. Max bounds for the phone and is stopped in his tracks as 4 ninja stars land on the wall beside him. "This could be a problem" Sam adjusts his hat. The feline hops out of the window, "Agree to not take the case involving a ninja occult and a soul mater and I'll leave in peace." Max cocks his luger, "If we refuse?" The cat narrows his eyes, "I'll send you to Hell." "Been there done that", says Sam. "Really!?" "Shut up Max."

-FIRST PUZZLE: ANSWER THE PHONE. THE NINJA DEFLECTS BULLETS WITH HIS SWORD.
    Ninjas in Sam and Max? This needs to be done :)
  • edited September 2010
    The best time for season 4 to come out should be at least in the next 3 years if any longer they'll loose their momentum.

I'm hoping they already started working on the next season while finishing the last one.

Wishful thinking... word
  • edited September 2010
    girlycard wrote: »
    I'm hoping they already started working on the next season while finishing the last one.

Wishful thinking... word

They would be working on jurassic park and back to the future before sam and max season 4, because they've teamed up with universal studios. I would like sam and max season 4 too but its unlikely it would be any time soon
  • edited September 2010
    Ninjas in Sam and Max? This needs to be done :)

Thank you! Yes! I think it would be something fresh and different. Not to mention the great story that could come from it. AND the puzzle variety!
  • edited September 2010
    401 would be confusing =P Sam goes to the elevator with past max in end of 305 ... so it will be like 204 again??? and i liked season 1 and 2 story better then season 3 but i like the gameplay for all 3 seasons =D i want season 1 and 2 on PS3 T-T oh well i could dream can i ??? XD
  • edited September 2010
    Gogeta504 wrote: »
    401 would be confusing =P Sam goes to the elevator with past max in end of 305 ... so it will be like 204 again???

Just because they have the time traveling elevator doesn't mean they'll end up back at the events of 204, they'll probably go wherever the time stream takes them.
  • edited September 2010
    Knowing pervious seasons I don't think we'll get to see the events after entering the elevator, they'll probably just step out of the elevator during the first episode and it's back to the same neighbourhood.
  • edited September 2010
    Knowing pervious seasons I don't think we'll get to see the events after entering the elevator, they'll probably just step out of the elevator during the first episode and it's back to the same neighbourhood.

Don't forget the
    future vision from 301
    , they end up in 2133 I think. Apparently Max isn't very cool in that future.
  • edited September 2010
    What future vision is it the one about Emperor Sku'kape the Second?
  • edited September 2010
    I just finished season 1 and I have say i haven't laughed that hard since Spaceballs and even the puzzles were different and engaging. They should bring back that feel and atmosphere for season 4. Also some more Bosco humor that s$@t was funny.
  • edited September 2010
    Maybe 401 could deliver fanservice by somehow making the toys of power reappear, but Sam prime and Max X decide the best thing to do is use them to send Yog-Soggoth back to the dark dimension (or destroy them, whatever floats your boat), meanwhile, Satan is making sure everyone who died in season 3 is there in hell, but when he sees Max, he releases him as a mark of tribute to all the people he and sam sent to hell. But because he's SATAN he also releases all the villains. So the episode could be about Sam and both Maxes trying to stop Skun'kape and the other villains getting the toybox, while also trying to destroy it or use it to send yog-soggoth home. It could be called "Sam & Max 401:The Twin Lagomorphs"
  • edited September 2010
    I have my own ideas for Sam and Max Season Four, which I orginally posted in the "Sam and Max Ideas!" forum. Pay Attention, Telltale, because I got ideas that will BLOW YOUR EVER-LOVING MIND!
    Sam and Max Season 4: Into the Void

401: Back to the Past
    After the DeSoto gets damaged (as a result of one of the clones somehow crashing it) Sam and Max go see Momma Bosco for a car repair. Shes fixes up the Desoto, and also installs a power supply which she calls a "flux capacitor" And warns them not to drive over 88 mph. Being themselves, our heroes ignore this rule. Once they are done saving the world (Again) they see how fast the car can go on it's new power. They exceed 88 mph, and suddenly it takes them to a futuristic dystopia in which an old friend or enemy (or possibly someone else) has become Overlord of all humanity, without Sam and Max being there to stop him. Having found out how this will happen, they head for the DeSoto, which is sadly out of fuel. To make things worse, the new overlord has destroyed all time-travelling objects, and ordered the Death of our two heroes, should they be seen. So knowing this, Sam dons a Lab Jacket and Gray wig, and Max dons an orange vest and a blue shirt and jeans, and they pass themselves off as Doctor Sam Brown and Maxwell McFly, as they search for a source of fuel.

402:The Island of Dr. Morona
    Our heroes make it back to the present, where they decide to take things easy. Suddenly, the duo get an invitation to a remote island location, where they are promised to meet a lot of old friends. When they finally arrive, they discover a mad scientist at work, kidnapping their friends and performing horrible experiments in attempts to make a successful human-animal hybrid. When the scientist discovers that the duo is already a pair of hybrids, he lets them roam about the island, and our heroes set out to save the island's inhabitants.

403: The Day Before Yesterday

After Saving the island from the mad scientist, our heroes head home to discover that the city is completely abandoned. No reasons are in sight. So, naturally, the characters,being curious, search throughout the city for any signs of life. The search turns up three: Bob Bell, Curt 286, and Chippy. From the information they gather, they figure out that while they were away, a massive abduction took place. Our heroes hear that during the abduction, a teleporter was left behind, so Sam and Max try to find the teleporter in the city. The only problem is that it's in pieces.

404: A Grip on Reality

The Teleporter they have assembled takes them to a reality in which our heroes live not in America, but in London, UK. They go about looking for their British selves, and find out that THEIR teleporter needs fixing. Once they've fixed it, they go back to their own and wind up in the 18th century Caribbean. The machine is then broken. Stuck there, they are forced to search for a way to fix the machine, running into their Caribbean universe selves along the way. Finally, they return to an Earth the Day of the abduction, and discover the fiend behind this insidious plot. (As is the tradition with fourth episodes, this will be the best one ever.)

405: Apocalypse Then

Having Finally arrived at the instance of the abduction and discovering the face of the villain, the duo get to work preparing to destroy him. First, they have to get onto the space ship. The guard has strict orders not to let them on board. So, with a little help from their friends Superball and Momma Bosco, the duo decide to infiltrate the ship in a complex manner: By transforming themselves into humans. They all sneak on board, and as soon as the spaceship takes off, the duo get into the villain's control room and bring the hammer down on this hardened criminal. Literally.

BOOM!
  • edited September 2010
    Hatley wrote: »
    Maybe 401 could deliver fanservice by somehow making the toys of power reappear, but Sam prime and Max X decide the best thing to do is use them to send Yog-Soggoth back to the dark dimension (or destroy them, whatever floats your boat), meanwhile, Satan is making sure everyone who died in season 3 is there in hell, but when he sees Max, he releases him as a mark of tribute to all the people he and sam sent to hell. But because he's SATAN he also releases all the villains. So the episode could be about Sam and both Maxes trying to stop Skun'kape and the other villains getting the toybox, while also trying to destroy it or use it to send yog-soggoth home. It could be called "Sam & Max 401:The Twin Lagomorphs"

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! But I wonder what the rest of the season would entail. Maybe that should be episode 2. I feel like this needs some kind of build up.
  • edited September 2010
    Hatley wrote: »

Wouldn't Satan also want to release Sam X, too? Nitpicking aside, That sounds pretty cool.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.