UPDATE 4.4 "Fate Of Fire" Text Adventure. EPISODE 1 IS 50% DONE!

Comments

• edited May 2015

I apologize for not being able to post anything on the past two Sunday's, a better explanation will come on this week's update. For now, I'm working on my story, and I got to write a determinant paragraph that I'm super proud of:

He then chuckled quietly, as he shook his head. "You must watch your temper, my Lord, especially when you're in the presence of your children. You drag me here, accuse me of terrible things, say that violence is my friend, that I shared his face with your innocent daughter. I am sorry to tell you that you introduced him yourself."

I apologize once again for the delay, I will make sure to get back to you guys this Sunday for sure. Have a good weekend guys!

• Hey there guys, I know, I know, one day late. Some personal stuff came up last night, and I definitely wasn't in the mood to get to writing. However, today is a latter day, so here I am!

Honesty is a quality that I both love and hate about myself. I've hardly done any work, as life is getting insane, and likely won't be better until another two weeks. First off, it's tech week for a show in which I am the lead, and performances are on this weekend. After that, I will have about a week and a half of downtime, where I will get more work done on Chapter 6, until I have my final exams. Then it is summer! And the world will be right again!

Now, about Chapter 6 itself, I can't go too much into detail because it would be a leak of spoilers, but I can say that the choices from Chapters 1,2,3 and 5 will all have some influence within the story. The reason why this story is taking so long is because it is definitely my most passionate project, with so many choices, all of which include some form of payoff. The amount of branches is absolutely ridiculous, it is super intimidating just to open the file seeing all that I have in front of me.

However, on a better note, I was thinking about doing some community activities every week with you guys, just to make this weekly update more fun, and more interactive. For example, polls, predictions and more could be featured. Sadly, thinking ahead, polls and predictions wouldn't be worth much until Part 1 is out, and we're all waiting for Part 2. Possibly a mini choice story, which will be continued every week? So I'm giving the idea to you guys; let me know what you guys would like me to add to make these weekly updates enjoyable.

Anyways, have a great week guys! I won't have the chance to write you guys an update this Sunday, but I will definitely write one for the Sunday of the week after! Talk to you guys later, and remember to write your suggestions below!

• edited June 2015

Cool! :)

Maybe some Chapter 1 polls? ;>

SivD1 posted: »

Hey there guys, I know, I know, one day late. Some personal stuff came up last night, and I definitely wasn't in the mood to get to writing.

• HI @SivD1

Can I ask? You still writing story?

How are you getting on? :)

• Interesting.... are the Forresters featured in this? Is it a prequel?

• Hey there guys! Been a while, eh? Aha, sorry about that... Things have been busy.

I'm currently juggling two shows, and a job, so I have something every night of the week. On the flip side, however, IT'S SUMMER! And that means when I get time to work, I will work a ton!

As of the first week of summer went, my free time was plunged into Batman: Arkham Knight and TFTB Episode 3, both of which are superb (Batman is gonna take me a while to 100%, but I am loving every second of it!

As far as text adventures go, I'm hoping to finish this sometime by the end of next month, but Lord knows I am NOT making any promises just yet. So yes! I'm not dead! It's crunch time! Back to work! Hope Summer is treating you all well!

• Just posted an update, thanks again for looking out for me man, it's appreciated! :D

Karnedg2013 posted: »

HI @SivD1 Can I ask? You still writing story? How are you getting on?

• This is a completely original story which takes place in it's own universe separated from the Forresters, Starks, Lannisters, etc...

However, the land of Westeros inspired me to write this story, so it will contain royal families, medieval era action, etc...

Harian96 posted: »

Interesting.... are the Forresters featured in this? Is it a prequel?

• No problem - YOUR story amazing ;)

Just posted an update, thanks again for looking out for me man, it's appreciated!

• edited June 2015

I'm hoping to finish this sometime by the end of next month

Alt text

Hey there guys! Been a while, eh? Aha, sorry about that... Things have been busy. I'm currently juggling two shows, and a job, so I have

• edited July 2015

Hi @SivD1 !

Nothing important - just found mistake when selecting actions in Episode 102 - 'On the Horizon' :

Alt text

Lacks letter "R".

Alt text

EDIT: You also need to remove an extra point depending on the choises:

Alt text

Alt text

Not sure whether to be here a question mark, depending on:

Alt text

Alt text

Good luck to you in your work! ;)

• Thanks for that! I'll get on that soon!

Hi @SivD1 ! Nothing important - just found mistake when selecting actions in Episode 102 - 'On the Horizon' : Lacks letter "R".

• Okay! ;D

Alt text

Thanks for that! I'll get on that soon!

• edited July 2015

Evil word, eh? XD

And updated the story, all three mistakes have been corrected. Thanks again! And good job on giving me the choices prior, made it easier for me to locate. :)

Okay! ;D

• Always happy to help!

Looking forward to your fanfic! :)

Evil word, eh? XD And updated the story, all three mistakes have been corrected. Thanks again! And good job on giving me the choices prior, made it easier for me to locate.

• edited July 2015

And I am back!

So it seems I definitely shot myself in the foot when I said that it would be finished by the end of the month. I clearly underestimated the time that it would take to write and link all of this together.

Speaking of linking, there's been an awful lot of that going on. I have been working hard on this project lately, as a push to get it finished. However, within the past four days, I've spent about ten hours purely on linking branches, and I'm still not finishing linking Chapter 5. Thankfully, once the linking is done, it should be smooth sailing to finish the chapter, as I'll only need to write it out. In the past few days, I've also gone back and re-wrote some things earlier on, while also fixing a few bugs.

My hope is that I'll be done linking Chapter 5 by Monday, and then I can get to typing the rest of Chapter 5 and hopefully have it finished by next week's update. I'll make sure to post a tiny success update once the linking is done!

I'll hopefully get to you guys on Monday!

Thanks again,

David

• edited July 2015

So officially :D

We will wait! Thank you for not forgetting us! Don't rush - I know it's not easy. The main thing to do everything qualitatively even if it takes a long time. Here in fact the reason why episodes Telltale take so many months of work to be so awesome.

Do you have someone equal ;)

And you have fans - and therefore have the support!

Thank YOU!!!

Your devoted fan Karnedg2013

And I am back! So it seems I definitely shot myself in the foot when I said that it would be finished by the end of the month. I clearly

• Thank you so much! Made my night! :D

So officially We will wait! Thank you for not forgetting us! Don't rush - I know it's not easy. The main thing to do everything qualitat

• I am here 9 days later than expected!

Ah yes, me and my underestimation skills come through yet again. But hey, I come tonight with more update content than usual.

I will start us off with the actual update on progress, which is that I have successfully finished doing all the linking for Chapter 5. IT IS DONE! FINISHED. I won't need to create any further branches or pages for this monstrously large chapter. However, I now have to finish writing it. It is simple as filling in the blanks, if the blanks were all unique and different from each other, and would each require specific tweeking.

In some fun news that really doesn't have anything to do with progress, I downloaded about 25 new songs to my phone, all of them by one of my new favorite bands: Muse. Holy shit is this trio good, and super experimental. Though Origin of Symmetry is my favorite album of theirs, I can appreciate a blend of all of them as I work. To list just some of my most loved tracks of theirs, I really like "Plug In Baby", "Space Dementia", "Supremacy", "Knights Of Cydonia", "Dead Inside", "The Handler", "Madness", "New Born", "Uprising" and "Reapers". Those are just a handful of the masterpieces these guys have come up with, and I really hope to see them perform live someday.

Finally, I have actually come up with some interactive content for you guys to participate in this week. So for upcoming projects that will be out in the distant future, should I release the episodes as I currently do right now? Or try a new technique?

Let me elaborate; I currently release a new part/episode whenever I finish it, never set to a deadline or release date. Now, my idea of the new technique would be to write over half the series before even releasing the first part. For example, let's say I'm writing a five part series. Once I'm about halfway through the 4th part, I will release part 1. What are the pros to this, you may ask? Well, it would finally get rid of long waits for the next part, since I would release the episodes on a month to month basis, on a set schedule. However, this would mean that there will be a long development process before the first part of a series even releases. However, I would fill this gap with extended demos, and independent short stories (more experimental work.

Now keep in mind that this will not effect Fate Of Fire nor The Walking Dead. This will exclusively not come into play until after these series are done. For voting, Option 1 is my current release structure: one episode at a time, as soon as I finish it. Option 2 is the new release formula that I explained in the paragraph above. Please let me know what you think by voting here: http://strawpoll.me/5058980

Anyways, that's all from me today. I will continue to work on Chapter 5, and will get it typed and finished as soon as possible. I'll hopefully get back to you guys again soon! Thanks again for all the positive support, I truly appreciate it.

• edited July 2015

I like more 1 option - dob't want to wait another six months before the release of episode 1 ;D

In any case, you can correct the remaining episodes, including changes from users as does Telltale for example.

The same can be done with option 2 - only will have to wait many more months to the episode 1, I hope people do not go crazy from waiting. You know - just 8 weeks and BOOM!

You make a choice, as well as most people. Have a nice work! :)

I'll hopefully get back to you guys again SOON!

See you after few days... or few months :Р

I am here 9 days later than expected! Ah yes, me and my underestimation skills come through yet again. But hey, I come tonight with more

• Sorrry if my english very bad

I have some ideas!

How about to use the feedback from players like Telltale?

Not yet released episode 1 and we do not know the characters, people can offer their ideas, choices and small situations that they would like to see.

Add options like:

[Shake Finn's hand]

[Eat his marzipan]

[Pat her on the head]

After episode 1 from players reviews is already possible to determine whom they want to give more development, additional phrases with the characters they want.

You can do this already after finished every episode, but a little later corrected, including feedback from the players.

As you are such an idea? ;)

[Make a 'FOF' release soon] [Wait even longer]

• edited July 2015

Good idea! I would be happy to weak further instalments in the series based on feedback from fans and from their suggestions on what they would like to see more of! Thank you!

Sorrry if my english very bad I have some ideas! How about to use the feedback from players like Telltale? Not yet released episode

• [Make a 'FOF' release soon]

Sorrry if my english very bad I have some ideas! How about to use the feedback from players like Telltale? Not yet released episode

• edited July 2015

I think fans, I'll call many will soon be able to give their ideas after a new demo, and you decide which ones to take for their fanfic.

And no problem! ;)

Good idea! I would be happy to weak further instalments in the series based on feedback from fans and from their suggestions on what they would like to see more of! Thank you!

• Alt text

Just something that put a huge smile on my face. The Demo for Fate Of Fire is now the #1 Best Rated RPG on the website! Especially honoured to have it their among some of the stories that inspired me to make text based games. Can't wait to see how the full game does! :D

• Congratulations!!! ;D

You deserved it!

Just something that put a huge smile on my face. The Demo for Fate Of Fire is now the #1 Best Rated RPG on the website! Especially honoured

• edited August 2015

Hey, SivD!

I just want to ask.

How you did big size?

Thank YOU!

enter image description here

• edited August 2015

For this, I actually took a screenshot of normal text, resized it through photo editing, and then added it into the game. Funny thing is I actually removed it later, but I'm pretty sure that is how I did it. Hope that helped.

Hey, SivD! I just want to ask. How you did big size? Thank YOU!

• Oh yeah, you helped. Thanks brother SivD! :)

For this, I actually took a screenshot of normal text, resized it through photo editing, and then added it into the game. Funny thing is I actually removed it later, but I'm pretty sure that is how I did it. Hope that helped.

• Any news? :)

• 2/10 - IGN

KSGoT posted: »

Any news?

• *0/10 - IGN

2/10 - IGN

• edited September 2015

oops m8 that ain't right

*-69/69

Wolfenus54 posted: »

*0/10 - IGN

• *-MLGPRO6969/69 - IGN

oops m8 that ain't right *-69/69

• jeez m8 u dat low

Wolfenus54 posted: »

*-MLGPRO6969/69 - IGN

• Lol xD

jeez m8 u dat low

• I hope you okay @SivD1 ...

You could not be seen 3 weeks :(

We are all waiting for you, brother!

• I hope you okay, dude...

You're scaring me...

• No need to fear! Nothing has happened to me, I have just been super busy as of late.

I will post an update next time I get the chance, sorry about that guys!

I hope you okay, dude... You're scaring me...

• Yay!

It's better now :)

Thanks, man!

No need to fear! Nothing has happened to me, I have just been super busy as of late. I will post an update next time I get the chance, sorry about that guys!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.