UPDATE 4.4 "Fate Of Fire" Text Adventure. EPISODE 1 IS 50% DONE!

12345679»

Comments

• So this is going to be hard for me to write.

Don't worry, I'm not dying, and nothing is getting cancelled. It's honestly the opposite.

I just feel terrible getting back to you guys so late. I left this forum in silence for over half a year and made no substantial progress on Fate Of Fire until this afternoon. I've had a rough time getting back into the swing of things lately, with school and everything else life throws at me. However, do not think I lost interest in the story. It's never left my mind, and I haven't thought about throwing it away for good.

I have a story to tell here, and it seems you guys want to hear it. The DEMO for this story is the second highest rated RPG on the website and has 3486 plays. Those kind of numbers honestly make me swell up with pride, and I want to finish this so I can give it back to you guys who have been supporting it, and just so I can finally say that I saw it through and wasn't a quitter. Will I ever finish writing the 4 part story that is Fate Of Fire: Book 1? I have no clue. This story has been in development for about 15 months now, and I am just over halfway done the first part. However, I at least want to finish the first part so you guys can finally get a glimpse of the vision I had for this adventure, even if you may never see the heights the story reaches later on. I can't stress enough that Part 1 is a lot of setup for what becomes quite an original story that I can say I am proud of. This isn't just the story of the House Stark told with different names, I set out to make a tale that will genuinely surprise and intrigue the player, and will force them to make choices that Telltalle Games has never had time to make, simply because some of them have effects so unexpected, it would take much longer than 2-3 months to release each bit. I should know, it's been over a year, and I still have no clue when the first bit will be finished.

Going back and reading what I've already written is a little rough. I'm a better writer now than I was a year ago, and I find myself changing sentences and rewriting entire paragraphs to try to up the quality. So if you notice a difference in the writing in the first half of the story and the second, you'll know why.

So I'm not promising anything here, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm not giving up on this just yet. So here's to 2016 and hoping that I can squeeze this out by the end of the year. I'm just hoping everybody hasn't lost interest yet.

• Just take your time and stay confident man, I'll always be waiting right here :)

SivD1 posted: »

So this is going to be hard for me to write. Don't worry, I'm not dying, and nothing is getting cancelled. It's honestly the opposite.

• Thank you for your continuous support :)

Just take your time and stay confident man, I'll always be waiting right here

• Might be back into writing something... stay tuned, give me some time to try this out and decide whether I can actually do this or it's just another fuse that'll fizzle out shortly.

• So here's a thing. After spending hours trying new things, I figured out how to slash a lot of time that was unnecessarily spent linking plot threads together. So after realizing there's an alternative to a problem that's been bothering me for the past two years, I can complete these things in a fraction of the time.

Here's the problem: Fate Of Fire, being as far in as I was, can't be added onto any further. That's okay though, I can copy and paste the exact same dialogue into a new file, that will run better and work faster.

This poll was made to give you guys a choice. I can choose to start finally finishing Fate Of Fire up (which is more than half way done already), or I could start on New World Order. NWO follows the same plot that my The Walking Dead series focused on, but is remastered. This means new characters, new choices, longer length, and improved writing/story for the first two episodes, before finally catching up and letting me start work on the long awaited Episode 3.

But that's the thing, Fate Of Fire would take less time (since it's already nearing its end) for me to write, and could possibly be out in the next couple months. If I start fresh with New World Order, I would be working on something completely new.

So you guys tell me what you want to see first, so I want to see where your interests lie (if they even still exist). Thanks guys!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10980691

• Voted
    just wanted to say i rly hope you continue the GOT one, it has a great plot line and is my personal fav story so far on this forum, even after all this time
    good luck anyways :)

So here's a thing. After spending hours trying new things, I figured out how to slash a lot of time that was unnecessarily spent linking plo

• Thank you so much for the kind words. People like you are what give me the motivation to keep writing and pushing myself to get this done. The feedback is pointing towards Fate of Fire, so I guess that's what I'll do. Thanks again for sticking with me all this time, I hope the final product doesn't disappoint.

KSGoT posted: »

Voted just wanted to say i rly hope you continue the GOT one, it has a great plot line and is my personal fav story so far on this forum, even after all this time good luck anyways

• edited August 2016

Even though I prefer New World Order, it'd be a shame to abandon Fate of Fire if you already made so much progress on it. I think you should finish it. :)

So here's a thing. After spending hours trying new things, I figured out how to slash a lot of time that was unnecessarily spent linking plo

• Thank you, your opinion matters to me. Once New World Order comes around, it'll be better than anything I made before it, I promise :)

Pipas posted: »

Even though I prefer New World Order, it'd be a shame to abandon Fate of Fire if you already made so much progress on it. I think you should finish it.

• Here's what was made, I don't intend on finishing it, but here it is.

http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/zzggybi6jeqbrlbpbsklxq/fate-of-fire-book-1-tinder

• Thanks for keeping it real guys <3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.