Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• God this Gryff looks hideous.

Managed get this working in-game

• Kind of looks cool.

• Kinda strange, that he was given an eyepatch, but didn't even bother to wash blood of his face. Still looks pretty cool though.

• More hideous than normal Gryff?

God this Gryff looks hideous.

• In episode 4, if you talk to lord Tarwick before learning about Lyman, you can ask him to tell you about himself. He'll say, that he is a traveler type, he had fought for the Sealord of Braavos, lived in Volantis for a time and has even sailed to Slaver's Bay once, which he describes as "sweaty". He'll also say, that now he just wants to settle down and try something more permanent.

• Nice! I just don't understand why Telltale made this model have blood on his face, though.

• Which platform?

• Maybe he was supposed to appear at Ironrath, before escaping?

Lewsblake23 posted: »

Nice! I just don't understand why Telltale made this model have blood on his face, though.

• Everytime Rodrik meets another playable character he dies.
    Episode 1- Gared sees Rodrik- Rodrik ,,dies"
    Episode 5 - Asher meets Rodrik - Rodrik dies (determinant)

• He actually looks better. Rodrik should have taken care of the other eye though.

God this Gryff looks hideous.

• Something you might not have noticed - Gared is secretly Clementine.

Alt text

Alt text

• edited July 2015

They do share some details like this. Gared's animation of hiding behind a tree is similar to Clem's. In ep. 5 he is saved from a white walker by Cotter, who chops his head off - same happened with Clem and Luke, I think, their models were reused. They both face an antagonist - Britt and Michelle - who ask them about their item - sword and hat - and tries to take it. They both get injured in the first episode of the game, but seem fine in the next one. If Finn didn't come with Gared, during the fight with white walkers Gared will grab a little knife (or something like that, can't remember) from Sylvi's tent and stick it into walker's head, but it won't kill him. In the shed Clem can have a similar scene with the zombie - if she doesn't push him in time, she'll have to dodge, then grab a piece of wood and stab him in the jaw, which won't kill him either.

Something you might not have noticed - Gared is secretly Clementine.

• edited July 2015

Rodrik knows about the North Grove even though there is no scene indicating that Duncan or his father told him.

If Duncan is the traitor, Rodrik can ask him if he told the Whitehills about the North Grove, even though he actually shouldn't be aware of it either.

EDIT: It seems that Gregor told him about it at some point before his death.

• H...Ho...How...HOW?! Which platform ?

• O.O Now it all makes sense!

• Rodrik was the heir to Ironrath, I don't see why his father wouldn't tell him.

Rodrik knows about the North Grove even though there is no scene indicating that Duncan or his father told him. If Duncan is the traitor,

• How?

• This needs to be him if you maimed him, where dat update

• edited July 2015

He probably model-swapped the "normal" Gryff with this version that was in the files, so I would say it is the PC version.

• edited July 2015

Yes, it would make sense that Gregor told him, because in episode 1 he believes Rodrik is dead who would be the only other person would know about the North Grove, so he gets Gared to tell Duncan.

Nothox posted: »

Rodrik was the heir to Ironrath, I don't see why his father wouldn't tell him.

• edited July 2015

Never mind

• PC, but i dont recommend doing it. I ended up reinstalling episode 4 because i fucked up the files somewhere :S

_DIO_ posted: »

H...Ho...How...HOW?! Which platform ?

• Oh, you're right. Sorry, I missed that.

Brodester08 posted: »

Yes, it would make sense that Gregor told him, because in episode 1 he believes Rodrik is dead who would be the only other person would know about the North Grove, so he gets Gared to tell Duncan.

• I knew it!!!

• Looks orginal.

• God, he looks scary with that bloody smile. Reminds me of the Joker and the Governor.

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited July 2015

In episode 1, when Cersei asks if House Forrester is willing to swear fealty to Roose Bolton, if you answer 'absolutely', Cersei would note, I see. Despite the fact that Roose Bolton allied with Walder Frey. If it was me I'd find it difficulty to so quickly forgive the men who killed my father. A little foreshadow, because Tyrion kills Tywin.

Also, in the scene where Sera and Mira are doing stuff in the wedding plans, she notes how Oberyn Martell has a paramour, a nod to Ellaria Sand. And there's Brienne of Tarth and Tyrion Lannister pairing.

• Back in episode 3, when we first meet Croft, he asks Asher why he would go BACK to Westeros, implying that he is from Westeros or he lived in Westeros for a time.

• So, this is kind of a random place to ask, but what happens if you stay silent or say 'just don't stay long' when Malcolm says 'Iron from Ice.' to you?

• Malcolm kills you.

So, this is kind of a random place to ask, but what happens if you stay silent or say 'just don't stay long' when Malcolm says 'Iron from Ice.' to you?

• An easter egg of an easter egg cause you know, Sam

Alt text

Drakonys posted: »

The dog with the hand in his mouth in the pit fighters' den is probably an easter egg to Sam of the 2nd season of Walking Dead.

• Something strange i ve found while searching youtubers reactions to the ending of episode 5.

When Harys (if that is his name) is stabbing Asher, he is smiling. But when he stabs Rodrik, he does not smile.

What do you think? Glitch, or Telltale did it on purpose?

Alt text

Alt text

• edited July 2015

He likes Asher's grunts :]

• Tell me your joking :|

Brodester08 posted: »

Malcolm kills you.

• He was stabbing Asher with something else. ;)

• Nope, he kills you right there in the port.

Tell me your joking

• I don't think it's so much of an Easter Egg as much as it is Telltale reusing a model (and some animations) from Walking Dead: Season 2. Lots of Telltale's games reuse minor animations and updated models from previous games.

Drakonys posted: »

The dog with the hand in his mouth in the pit fighters' den is probably an easter egg to Sam of the 2nd season of Walking Dead.

• I'd have expected it to be the other way around, where he smiles from stabbing Rodrik and not Asher.

• He's way taller than Asher... RIP Asher's parts

Gary-Oak posted: »

He was stabbing Asher with something else.

• Well what an arsehole...., thanks anyway :)

Nope, he kills you right there in the port.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.