The Thread of general TWD-related questions

Comments

• I suppose. I'm just saying I believe it was more of a put on that he really tried to go all the way with, but always had issues with it.

it still seemed pretty sloppy though. he definitely felt that violence was more justified in ties that bind than in thicker than water.

• enter image description here

Clemenem posted: »

Does anyone see any similarities between Carver and Hitler? I've been debating with friends

• Ben's encounter with the bandits wasn't scrapped. It's just not described in detail in the final version.
    And we all know the bandits are rapists anyway thanks to Jolene

I know.

(I love how the wiki doesn't list raping and probably killing her daughter as one of the bandit's crimes)

Personally, I always took it that they raped only Jolene till they got bored with her and just hauled her daughter off to separate them for the evulz. Hence why Danielle was one of the characters I was kinda hoping we'd see in Season 3.

yeah, but we know that joan/clint were SUPPOSED to be in the episode due to the leaks, but there's no indication that Max was ever gonna show up again, despite being a fairly prominent antagonist for the first three episodes.

Again, I don't get why they'd exclude him from the finale unless there was supposed to be a throwaway line explaining what Joan did with him.

Louche posted: »

Ben's encounter with the bandits wasn't scrapped. It's just not described in detail in the final version. And we all know the bandits are ra

• So she looks "badass".

Gameserer posted: »

I Just remembered to ask this now, but why does Clementine leave Richmond with no supplies? All she has is a gun and a knife so what about food etc?

• Ava's death is a whole new level I see.

DabigRG posted: »

Which is the worse implemented: Nick's first death, Sarah's canon death, Gabe's outburst, or David attacking?

• When's that next AMA so we can tear Telltale apart about how disappointing this season was?

• edited June 2017

How do weekly threads to discuss each character's most controversial actions/topics sound like?

For example, for week #1 we would discuss three controversial topics about Lee: whether he sacrificed himself for Clem (as many seem to paint it has) or if he just happen to be dying while "saving" her from the Stranger; whether Lee was doing a good work at educating and preparing Clem to deal with that world before Chuck intervened, and what would she have become had he not; and finally, whether we think Lee's story had a good ending or whether they could've done more with his character. This as an example to what we would discuss on those threads.

A week after that we would discuss, for example, Carley, the week after, Doug, then Larry, Lilly, Katjaa, Duck... then S2 characters like Kenny, Jane, Arvo, Carver... until finally ANF characters like David, Kate, Javier, Clem, AJ, etc. each with their own topics, obviously.

• If A New Frontier were a movie/comic/etc, what do you think the canon choices would be?

• I feel like she wont show up because she didn't have the scene where Javi and Kate talked about having a family and kissed if she is missing, that scene is important for her character and Javis. I hope she does though because I like the ending of going after Gabe more than Kates but I also want Kate to be alive in my ending.

That's what I'm saying. In the ending where nobody helps her she simply shows up as a walker. But when Clem is there, Kate escapes/vanishes. Clem is the key to Kate becoming unknown and not flat out dead.

• i know that the final choice would be saving gabe with clem bc it's on the keyart. i think being romantic with kate would be canon because it makes more sense for david to fight you if that's the case. a canon choice would be not trying to fight with david, etc etc

BC_Guy posted: »

If A New Frontier were a movie/comic/etc, what do you think the canon choices would be?

• The ending where Javier saves Gabe and Clem goes with Kate feels the most appropriate. Javier comes full circle by being there with his dying family member, David gets an emotional death and dies at peace with his brother, Gabe finally steps up and acts like a man, Kate tragically vanishes, etc.

If A New Frontier were a movie/comic/etc, what do you think the canon choices would be?

• That sounds like a interesting idea. Might wanna prepare for a fair bit of angry comments, though.

How do weekly threads to discuss each character's most controversial actions/topics sound like? For example, for week #1 we would discuss

• I wouldn't put it in the credits but rather in some scene regarding Clementine. The lyrics fit really well into the game imo.

What songs would you put at the credits of the episodes?

• In S2 Kenny says that he and Lee had some disagreements but that Lee took care of his son and that he'll always thank him for that. At least he says something like that when you take care of duck in S1. But what does he say when you didn't take care of Duck and you let Kenny do it himself? Does he then say he never liked Lee or something like that?

• Sneaking out with Eleanor, accepting Conrad's deal, and taking Clint's deal all seem to make the most sense.

• In S2, Kenny will say one of two things about Lee depending on whether they were bros or not last season (aligns with Kenny's speech about Lee in 1x05):

• "He was a helluva guy" OR
    • "We had our disagreements, but he helped me do the right thing with my son (if he convinced Kenny to shoot Duck) / took care of my son for me (if he shot Duck)"
    KaiMaestro posted: »

In S2 Kenny says that he and Lee had some disagreements but that Lee took care of his son and that he'll always thank him for that. At least

• "We had our disagreements, but he helped me do the right thing with my son (if he convinced Kenny to shoot Duck) / took care of my son for me (if he shot Duck)"

What does Kenny say if you left Duck to turn?

darthsansa posted: »

In S2, Kenny will say one of two things about Lee depending on whether they were bros or not last season (aligns with Kenny's speech about L

• He says "he was there for me"

* "We had our disagreements, but he helped me do the right thing with my son (if he convinced Kenny to shoot Duck) / took care of my son for me (if he shot Duck)" What does Kenny say if you left Duck to turn?

• What exactly were David's crimes that Joan intended to expose him for?

• edited June 2017

Personally, I always took it that they raped only Jolene till they got bored with her and just hauled her daughter off to separate them for the evulz. Hence why Danielle was one of the characters I was kinda hoping we'd see in Season 3.

No way, man. You said it yourself they got bored with Jolene, so they decided they'd have a go at the daughter. Now why people turn into evil rapists after three months of zombies, I couldn't say. But that kind of lazy writing was in the comic, too. They never explained why a zombie apocalypse makes the Governor into a necrophiliac pedophile. It just does.
    Anyway, The bandits surely used Danielle up badly, and thinking she would come back is... just shortsighted. They obviously left out the details because somehow sex was/is still taboo as shit in video games, (they cut it out of the friday the 13th game, there's even unused nude models in that) but violence always makes it through even if people complain later.
    I did have a similar impression as you though, only it was more like Jolene reluctantly sleeping with the bandits for protection for her and her daughter. Unfortunately, they had other ideas.

don't get why they'd exclude max

Me neither. I thought they'd probably have Max locked up with David and Javier in the beginning of ep 3, and then have Joan kill him off-screen and pin it on David anyway. Not great, but better than completely disappearing. Why give Max those few sympathetic moments if nothing comes of it?

Ben's encounter with the bandits wasn't scrapped. It's just not described in detail in the final version. And we all know the bandits ar

• No way, man. You said it yourself they got bored with Jolene, so they decided they'd have a go at the daughter.

Idk, man, I guess I'd rather just not think about it.

Now why people turn into evil rapists after three months of zombies, I couldn't say.

I guess, in there case, it's human nature coming out and realizing there's no law system to punish them and being hopped up on opium and possibly St. John's barbecue means there's practically no inhibitions about psychotic behavior, as demonstrated by "Jake" himself(assuming it meant to be the same character).

But that kind of lazy writing was in the comic, too. They never explained why a zombie apocalypse makes the Governor into a necrophiliac pedophile. It just does.

Yeah, I heard and it's one of the many things that makes me question "This is a good comic?"
    Also, the Governor's a pedophile too, huh?

Anyway, The bandits surely used Danielle up badly, and thinking she would come back is... just shortsighted.

Gee, thanks for that. I was mainly thinking along the lines of they took her off somewhere and either turned her loose to fend for herself like they did Jolene or kept her around as an extra set of hands. d'Make for an interesting, if disturbing, character origin--Danielle:The Bandit Girl!

They obviously left out the details because somehow sex was/is still taboo as shit in video games, (they cut it out of the friday the 13th game, there's even unused nude models in that) but violence always makes it through even if people complain later.

Again, would rather that not be in there in regards to situations like the Bandits if unnecessary. Sometimes, nothing is scarier and it gets past the censors easier because there's nothing specifically offending there.
    Anyway, I think sex is more taboo than violence because it's generally considered too indecent, mature, and potentially scarring, where violence is often a necessary part of storytelling. Translation: Tom and Jerry is inherently more popular than Fritz the Cat.

I did have a similar impression as you though, only it was more like Jolene reluctantly sleeping with the bandits for protection for her and her daughter. Unfortunately, they had other ideas.

Pretty much this. And I think it's inherently much crueler for the bandits to separate the two in spite of the deal and former friendship while still keeping Jolene around to mess with for a while until they got bored, leaving her to assume the worst. Plus, turning Danielle loose seems less like a contemplated plan of evil and more like just a spur of the moment action done for the lulz.

Louche posted: »

Personally, I always took it that they raped only Jolene till they got bored with her and just hauled her daughter off to separate them for

• I'm pretty sure he says the same thing, that Lee helped him do the right thing.

* "We had our disagreements, but he helped me do the right thing with my son (if he convinced Kenny to shoot Duck) / took care of my son for me (if he shot Duck)" What does Kenny say if you left Duck to turn?

• What is a good thread title for Gender Portrayals?

Also, what would you call boy/girl to contrast it to man/woman? Subgender?

• He only says the disagreement part if you weren't loyal to him in S1 otherwise he'll say "He was a hell of a guy". That part is seperate from the Duck dialogue.

The Duck dialogue he can say three things:
    "When my son...well...he took care of him. I'll never forget that"
    "When my son...well...he helped me do the right thing. I'll never forget that"
    "When my son... well, he was there for me. I'll never forget that"

KaiMaestro posted: »

In S2 Kenny says that he and Lee had some disagreements but that Lee took care of his son and that he'll always thank him for that. At least

• Lmao what the fuck is going on with her eyes?

Sparkeagle posted: »

The weed kicks in

• The weed induced endorphins wore off and the guilt from that revelation fucked her up for a minute.

Lmao what the fuck is going on with her eyes?

• No Radical Face? C'mon man, don't disappoint me.

(psssss let me be pretentious here) * Episode 1: * Episode 2: * Episode 3: * Episode4: * Episode 5:

• Does anyone else think the outro song/ending credits song for ANF is fire

• Are the Walking Dead comics actually good? Are they supposed to be insane/dumb or are they meant to be taken seriously?

• Trust me, they're really good, they are not supposed to be insane or dumb. Everybody who liked season 1 will like the comics.

Are the Walking Dead comics actually good? Are they supposed to be insane/dumb or are they meant to be taken seriously?

• They r good but really dark at some points

Are the Walking Dead comics actually good? Are they supposed to be insane/dumb or are they meant to be taken seriously?

• They're great!

• A settlement of machete wielding dreadheads with pet tigers, a guy with an eyepatch who's actually his brother keeping the daughter's walker as a pet, a thug wielding a barbed bat that talks like a thirteen-year-old,etc.

LeeClemKen posted: »

Trust me, they're really good, they are not supposed to be insane or dumb. Everybody who liked season 1 will like the comics.

• That happens later in the story, and I'll admit that it's a little over the top, but the beginning is very realistic, serious, and it has some very dark moments.

A settlement of machete wielding dreadheads with pet tigers, a guy with an eyepatch who's actually his brother keeping the daughter's walker as a pet, a thug wielding a barbed bat that talks like a thirteen-year-old,etc.

• I'm sorry, but even though many Radical Face songs would fit with the lyrics, I tried to choose songs that would also fit in trems of style.

Pssss but if you want Radical Face, I totally think A Pound of Flesh, Black Eyes ("each choice is the same wuuuuu"), Ghost Towns, Always Gold, Small Hands and We All Go The Same (not in that order) would fit really well if the style of the game was a little more hipster. Specially considering almost all of Ben's songs are about family and how awful it is.

No Radical Face? C'mon man, don't disappoint me.

• Plot

What exactly were David's crimes that Joan intended to expose him for?

• Don't mind those. Focus on Jesus.

A settlement of machete wielding dreadheads with pet tigers, a guy with an eyepatch who's actually his brother keeping the daughter's walker as a pet, a thug wielding a barbed bat that talks like a thirteen-year-old,etc.

• edited June 2017

If Max was killed in EP3, David gets charged for the raids and killing Lonnie.

If Max was spared which leads to Joan being exposed, David is charged for... um... maybe just killing Badger? IDK the writers didn't really explain this well.

What exactly were David's crimes that Joan intended to expose him for?

• Yeah, seriously. Even when I first saw the episode, I was like "What crimes? Did you not just come out about what you've been doing behind the scenes a little while ago? ".
    And David didn't say anything to combat this either, which really left me wondering what the hell I was missing.

If Max was killed in EP3, David gets charged for the raids and killing Lonnie. If Max was spared which leads to Joan being exposed, David is charged for... um... maybe just killing Badger? IDK the writers didn't really explain this well.

• Oh yeah, Mr. Matrix-flippin, LGBT baiting, blasphemous nickname.

Don't mind those. Focus on Jesus.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.