TWD The Final Season Ep 1 Waiting Thread - Releases Aug 14th, Switch EU Aug 28th

Comments

• This, I saw some kid wishing Nobuo Uematsu was a leading name in game development, despite the fact that he's a musical composer and not actually involved in game development and design. Some people really have no idea what they're talking about.

Logical fallacies run rampant on this forum, much like any part of the internet these days. " I don't agree with the former because discu

• edited August 2018

Me in bed as soon as it hits 12am tomorrow:

• Nah, that's alright, I'll be a good boy and wait. Thanks for the offer.

I found a way to remove the lock, PM me for info.

• Me as soon as I relize the episode is out already

MRSHYGUY45 posted: »

Me in bed as soon as it hits 12am tomorrow:

• I'm someone that grew up with Squaresoft very close to my heart. I'm pretty sure that kid meant to reference Hironobu Sakaguchi instead of Nobuo, but I understand the point you're making.

This, I saw some kid wishing Nobuo Uematsu was a leading name in game development, despite the fact that he's a musical composer and not actually involved in game development and design. Some people really have no idea what they're talking about.

• I'm kinda hoping for review embargo to lift tomorrow morning. Really anxious for some impressions on the episode without direct footage and spoilers ofc weh.

• Game already pre-ordered or are you still undecided whether to buy it now or wait for a full release?

I'm kinda hoping for review embargo to lift tomorrow morning. Really anxious for some impressions on the episode without direct footage and spoilers ofc weh.

• Definitely my boy Jonah. I can barely contain myself!!!!!

Tewudin posted: »

Out of curiosity, are you this excited? Or maybe more like this? P.S. I'm definitely like the latter

• Same, I kinda want to ask around for people who have spoiled themselves, but I already know someone would go: "Yeah I liked it alot but fuckin Javi showed up and killed everyone."

I'm kinda hoping for review embargo to lift tomorrow morning. Really anxious for some impressions on the episode without direct footage and spoilers ofc weh.

• Already preordered. I just like seeing reviews. I know it could easily flop but if its good that hype meter rises up even higher for me.

Game already pre-ordered or are you still undecided whether to buy it now or wait for a full release?

• I get it. I'm going to avoid reviews as well since I pre-ordered as well. I'm kind of afraid that they might either make my expectations higher or indirectly spoil something significant to the story.

Already preordered. I just like seeing reviews. I know it could easily flop but if its good that hype meter rises up even higher for me.

• He probably did, I was more of a console gamer than a PC growing up so I get where he was coming from, that brainfart more than sums up just about every aspect of the internet these days. From Hideo to Miyamato, so many games of the golden years were helmed by the best, it's always good to see someone who appreciates the days when games were a kids thing and who grew up with them and can see they're a staple in our generations media. East or West, the platform has become so much deeper thanks to games like Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, Metal Gear, TWDG, Mass Effect, KoTOR, and others.

I'm someone that grew up with Squaresoft very close to my heart. I'm pretty sure that kid meant to reference Hironobu Sakaguchi instead of Nobuo, but I understand the point you're making.

• Javi for Telltale TWD Negan.

"Batter up fuckface!"

Poogers555 posted: »

Same, I kinda want to ask around for people who have spoiled themselves, but I already know someone would go: "Yeah I liked it alot but fuckin Javi showed up and killed everyone."

• Good, cause I kinda wanna go back to using Gravatars.

Only 2 days left!!!! Oh my God I am so excited!!!!!!!

• Well Telltale is putting SOME money into advertising for TFS, the 2nd teaser for it popped up while I was scanning through YouTube videos, which is nice, I don't think any of the other recent Telltale games got that treatment.
    Here's hoping it overcomes it's poor premise, sells great and IS great

• So, if I wanna play at 12am tomorrow night should I buy on PS4 or PC?

• Alrighty, I just preordered TFS. (and wow that saved me 67$ CAD from the Collection. Not that I was ever going to buy it though...)

Unfortunately, it seems my work and classes are going to keep me busy both throughout the day and even in the evenings of the next 4 days. I don't think I can play TFS until Friday. (and there's no way I'm staying up until midnight tomorrow.) The spoilers are strong with this one.... gonna have to Neo my way past them for this week, and I'm a klutz.

• ah bollocks im broke, oh well have fun guys il be back on here when i get dat juicy episode

• PS4

So, if I wanna play at 12am tomorrow night should I buy on PS4 or PC?

• I started replaying the whole series recently. I just finished Season One and I’m gonna finish Season Two right before TFS releases at midnight.

As for ANF, I decided to skip it until I find out if our choices from that game affect the season.

• Apparently the walkthroughs will flood youtube very soon (saw a translation that will start in 5 hours), so a warning: if you are not off youtube yet and don't want to be spoiled - this is the time.

• See you guys after Steam releases s4!

• Just one day left...

• So anybody knows if the game will come out at the end of the Steam Countdown or earlier ? (Based on your previous preorders with telltale games)

• Based on the previous pre-orders? I'd say at the end of Steam countdown but there are many people here who believe Telltale will force Steam to release it earlier.

So anybody knows if the game will come out at the end of the Steam Countdown or earlier ? (Based on your previous preorders with telltale games)

• I think it's because they don't have the game in the store apparently. So there isn't much else PC can be referring to.

Based on the previous pre-orders? I'd say at the end of Steam countdown but there are many people here who believe Telltale will force Steam to release it earlier.

• Those people are fools...Telltale will never tell Valve anything.

Based on the previous pre-orders? I'd say at the end of Steam countdown but there are many people here who believe Telltale will force Steam to release it earlier.

• Of course if I said it, there would be all over me "You're insulting us, you are arguing all the time" :D Thank you for taking a potential risk.

Those people are fools...Telltale will never tell Valve anything.

• As you can see...I take all things into consideration.

Of course if I said it, there would be all over me "You're insulting us, you are arguing all the time" Thank you for taking a potential risk.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It appears some youtubers now have playthroughs on youtube.

I would just like to remind everyone that this is a spoiler free thread so please refrain from posting any spoilers or hints at spoilers here, if you want to talk about the episode please create a thread in the forum and use a spoiler free title so people don't get spoilt by accident.

• will we be able to get this season on disc like the others or is this season only digitally. i need to know before tomorrow.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

No season pass disc has been announced so it's only digital at the moment.

mneilan posted: »

will we be able to get this season on disc like the others or is this season only digitally. i need to know before tomorrow.

• is it just the first episode out tomorrow. i am from the uk so how much will it be

also do you think there will be a season pass disc

also i got the season pass disc version of the game a new frontier and it had the first episode then the others when they were released

OzzyUK posted: »

No season pass disc has been announced so it's only digital at the moment.

• Be aware of the spoilers guys they all over youtube at the moment!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Episode 1 is the only one out tomorrow and you can see prices on your consoles store.

As moderators are not Telltale staff i don't know if any discs are planned and the Telltale staff member who does have information said that nothing was planned at this time.

is it just the first episode out tomorrow. i am from the uk so how much will it be also do you think there will be a season pass disc

• ok thanks

would it be better to get it digitally or on disc (if it comes out on disc)

don't you lose digital games and dlc when the serves go offline in like 10 years or so

Episode 1 is the only one out tomorrow and you can see prices on your consoles store. As moderators are not Telltale staff i don't know i

• edited August 2018

To be fair, with the speed of technology development, in 10 years you won't be able to play today's games because they'll be too old for those future PCs.

ok thanks would it be better to get it digitally or on disc (if it comes out on disc) don't you lose digital games and dlc when the serves go offline in like 10 years or so

• Oh, is that so?

I suppose I'd be saying "To The Pain!" if there wasn't issues with doing so right now/today.

It appears some youtubers now have playthroughs on youtube. I would just like to remind everyone that this is a spoiler free thread so pl

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It’s hard to say which will be better, as Tewudin said technology is moving on so it’s unlikely that most people will be using the current gen consoles in 10 years so most digital console versons might not work anyway.

I guess it’s possible that Telltale might release a disc after all the episodes release if you really want to wait for a disc version.

ok thanks would it be better to get it digitally or on disc (if it comes out on disc) don't you lose digital games and dlc when the serves go offline in like 10 years or so

• IGN has given a 6.5/10 rating to the first episode.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.