Unpopular walking dead opinions?

Comments

• Are you forgetting the random Carley and Lee romance?

iFoRias posted: »

It feels out of place and shouldn't even be in the game. "Hey we have a tight budget this season so what do we do ? Ha,let's waste our bu

• Carley kissed Lee on the cheek once and the game never brings it up again and you call that a romance ?

Joshua1991 posted: »

Are you forgetting the random Carley and Lee romance?

• I don't get this part

that many hardcore TWDG and/or Clementine are on

do you mean hardcore TWDG and/or Clem fans? You can't have many Clems

DabigRG posted: »

Not really my business, but it's been made repeatedly apparent that many hardcore TWDG and/or Clementine are on the fake and/or shadowloving side.

• What romance?
    If anything, that was eleventh hour shipteasing that obviously wasn't going anywhere by that point, but was thrown in because a lot of people liked the idea.

Joshua1991 posted: »

Are you forgetting the random Carley and Lee romance?

• James isn't a bad character. Just one that's inherently a fair bit out of the norm and yet still a tad trapped in the survival style he ran away from.

• He is awfully written and do not get me started on his voice.

James isn't a bad character. Just one that's inherently a fair bit out of the norm and yet still a tad trapped in the survival style he ran away from.

• You say that about everything in TFS.

He is awfully written and do not get me started on his voice.

• You act as if that is not true. I mean, come on!

You say that about everything in TFS.

• edited March 2019

He actually was my favorite character from EP3 and still is (he's dead in my game though rippo) i don't think he's a badly written character not as bad as some of the other kids anyway.

He's interesting,but i think they went a little too far with the whole "walkers are people" thing and him being a pacifist in episode 3.His death also really sucked.

James isn't a bad character. Just one that's inherently a fair bit out of the norm and yet still a tad trapped in the survival style he ran away from.

• That seems to be the general consensus.

He actually was my favorite character from EP3 and still is (he's dead in my game though rippo) i don't think he's a badly written character

• edited March 2019

I also think if you're not a teenager, there is just nothing appealing about teenage romance and kinda weird to give that input for Clem. I can see why the series' younger demographics (who shouldn't really be playing this game) would be consumed by something so irrelevant though.

It feels out of place and shouldn't even be in the game. "Hey we have a tight budget this season so what do we do ? Ha,let's waste our bu

• I dont think the romance option stuff is that bad, but it is a bit annoying that the romance options are the biggest impact you're going to get in the story which I do think is lame. That should be more of a subplot thing, its a bit annoying thats the biggest difference youre going to get from choices as everything else is so damn linear. Would have preferred they made larger choices with larger impacts instead of making the biggest change be romance (which isnt even that big once you notice how Louis and Violet do the exact same shit in episode 3 with whoever youre with, just that the "date" thing is a bit different, but again happens at the exact same time, its really not that impressive.)

I also think if you're not a teenager, there is just nothing appealing about teenage romance and kinda weird to give that input for Clem. I

• I get why they did romance, because Clem is growing up and becoming more mature officially. But 1 - it's already been done before and 2 - Teenage Romance isn't really fit for this game. I mean it fits with the writers' vision but it's not what I wanted. (and is it just me or does Clem seem a bit different when she's being romantic? I know it happens with everyone but perhaps if she were more like ANF Clem when she got along with Gabe - not the edgequeen - then it would've been a bit more in-line. But that's just me I think) The team have done their research though, the romance isn't really being complained about amongst the greater community.

I also think if you're not a teenager, there is just nothing appealing about teenage romance and kinda weird to give that input for Clem. I

• That's a fairly apt point, actually.

@Poogers555 I dont think the romance option stuff is that bad, but it is a bit annoying that the romance options are the biggest impact you're going to get in the story which I do think is lame. That should be more of a subplot thing, its a bit annoying thats the biggest difference youre going to get from choices as everything else is so damn linear.

Yeah, seriously.
    Honestly, I was generally indifferent on the notion having romance be vaguely notable parts of the game stories themselves, but .

@Ghetsis if she were more like ANF Clem when she got along with Gabe - not the edgequeen

Confusion.

• She wasn't very edgy when she got along with Gabe, but ANF Clem was edgy.

That's a fairly apt point, actually. @Poogers555 I dont think the romance option stuff is that bad, but it is a bit annoying that the

• Okay...?
    The sentence structure through me off a little, so I wasn't sure if you calling him that or if you were referencing someone else. My mistake.

Ghetsis posted: »

She wasn't very edgy when she got along with Gabe, but ANF Clem was edgy.

• Humpty Bumpty!

You know, I gotta say, I much prefer Assim and Kate's brand of pragmatism to that of the likes of Jane or if he even counts David.

• Hey; no hatin’ the dirt and guts Queen.

Humpty Bumpty! You know, I gotta say, I much prefer Assim and Kate's brand of pragmatism to that of the likes of Jane or if he even counts David.

• Thank you! Coming from me though, I think he’s saying that quite a few fans claim to be fans but are arguing points that suggest the exact opposite. Basically fans of Clementine want her to either die or be forgotten on a dusty bookshelf, and fans of the game haven’t enjoyed it since S1. Amirite, @DabigRG? If not, stop giving vague phrases pls pls

Deltino posted: »

Would it kill you for once to make a post where people can understand what the fuck you're talking about Every other post, you use some o

• Technically there’s a second instance that Katjaa brings up during the train puzzle

Carley kissed Lee on the cheek once and the game never brings it up again and you call that a romance ?

• edited April 2019

Um, yes. Essentially on the money.
    :neutral:
    Well that and stuff like people getting too mad when things don't go the way that is convenient for them as well as turning their nose up at certain things despite fundamental similarities to stuff they've/they'll like, not to mention badmouthing Telltale's other work to the point of cursing their continued existence outside TWDG.

Melton23 posted: »

Thank you! Coming from me though, I think he’s saying that quite a few fans claim to be fans but are arguing points that suggest the exact o

• I’m officially the first ever known DabigRG translator. Get this comment to 1 million likes and I’ll set up a free service

Um, yes. Essentially on the money. Well that and stuff like people getting too mad when things don't go the way that is convenient for t

• I think I said this before, but since it was on my mind recently, I guess I'll reinstate it here: I don't take alleged shipteasing or romance as a factor for assessing a character.

• I'll chip in, it's certainly a needed service

I’m officially the first ever known DabigRG translator. Get this comment to 1 million likes and I’ll set up a free service

• Didn't like the ending to TFS.

Don't know if this sentiment will change once the hype dies down.

• The final season sucked; we get it. I made a thread with those exact words not that long ago.

Didn't like the ending to TFS. Don't know if this sentiment will change once the hype dies down.

• In terms of the show, and not the video game, I actually prefer season 6-9 over any of the other seasons. Basically as soon as the saviours start showing up. I just feel like the pace isn’t as slow as the other seasons and we do get some somber moments, as well as some hilarious dialogue and a whole new world to discover outside of Rick’s group, not to mention that Negan is one of the best character in any zombie apocalypse story ever. I know that season 7-8 are flawed, but I feel like people aren’t focusing enough on what makes these seasons stand out above all the others. At the end of the day, there’s no such thing as a good or bad movie, tv show, video game or song, but coming from me the most recent seasons of the show are what really got me invested.

• Suffer the Children is the best episode of TFS. I never understood the dislike of it.

• edited April 2019

It's a moderately good episode, I'd say.
    Not entirely sure what's up with there being dislike for it, though there are some flaws.

AronDracula posted: »

Suffer the Children is the best episode of TFS. I never understood the dislike of it.

• I thought people loved that one? If not it was probably the recent news of telltale’s closure and the uncertainty of telltale’s future that ruined the experience for some people. It kind of ruined mine. Decent episode but I wasn’t too invested in it at the time.

Suffer the Children is the best episode of TFS. I never understood the dislike of it.

• Personally i still think Done Running is the best episode of TFS,Suffer the Children was pretty good but had some flaws there's some things i didn't like and some of the issues i had with the game started in this episode and got worse with the other ones.
    But yeah it was pretty good.

• Same.

Personally i still think Done Running is the best episode of TFS,Suffer the Children was pretty good but had some flaws there's some things

• All the side characters besides Violet and Louis in The Final Season were uninteresting.

I still had sympathy for Lilly despite her killing James.

AJ should've been a determinant character.

• I talked about this before but I might as well bring it up again, only worded better.

I didn’t really like the scene where Clementine is locked in the room with Brody. I mean, it was a good scene, it was setting me up for some sort of jump scare and I was excited, but I was let down by Brody slowly shuffling in a predictable QTE scene that was given away by that loading circle and 1 second freeze frame. I was expecting maybe something like that time where you get jumped by that walker in the shed in Crawford, or when Lee gets bitten, where all you would see is Brody lunging herself towards Clem, but nah...

The setup was beautiful, the execution was a little messy.

• Not exactly an opinion and probably more of a No Shit assessment, but I feel a number of the characters we end up either disliking or more so underwhelmed by aren't necessarily flawed in their own right, but rather end up stumbling at the mercy of the story/plot in which they are featured.

• I agree, but it redeems itself with the Brody POV shot as Clem climbs the stairs

I talked about this before but I might as well bring it up again, only worded better. I didn’t really like the scene where Clementine is

• Yeah, I did like it when she pulled a Clem down the stairs and when she gets her face destroyed by a flashlight.

Cheddarhead posted: »

I agree, but it redeems itself with the Brody POV shot as Clem climbs the stairs

• I thought Kenny's flashback in Ties that Bind was a somewhat clever middleground of how they'd get rid of him.
    With that said, I would've gone with a more graceful, natural way of killing him.

• I think everyone agrees that Kenny deserved a much better death scene.

I thought Kenny's flashback in Ties that Bind was a somewhat clever middleground of how they'd get rid of him. With that said, I would've gone with a more graceful, natural way of killing him.

• edited May 2019

Not sure if it's unpopular but I don't like the Final Season. In a way that it is really unsatisfying to me, plus I'm just really disappointed with some of the directions the writers choose to take.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.