Release date discussion!

Comments

• edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    Please let's not have a Nintendo hate/love war. We are all on edge because of the extended release and anyway it's hard enough to keep a thread this large on-topic.

I feel the need to quote myself in order to reiterate a point.
  • edited July 2008
    Oh YEAH?!

Well guess WHAT, buddy?

*I* feel the need to say....that....the release date isn't last monday. =o
  • edited July 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    The tags for this thread are truly great.

Hah. Awesome :D Where did I come from? Who knows. Carry on.
  • edited July 2008
    can we get back on topic
  • edited July 2008
    You have one day, Telltale! Or it will be... *shuddershudder* August... 2 months.. I'ma going crazy! No, I'm fine. But this better be a good game!
  • edited July 2008
    homoon wrote: »
    can we get back on topic

Which topic is that? Complaining about the game not being released yet, or making guesses about when it will be released?

:p
  • edited July 2008
    to be fair to telltale we could keep it to the latter :)
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »
    Which topic is that? Complaining about the game not being released yet, or making guesses about when it will be released?

making guesses when it will be realeased
  • edited July 2008
    Shmeh wrote: »

I thought it was about making guesses about when it will be released and then complaining about that!
  • edited July 2008
    No, see, there's a factual list of "best video game companies" that everyone has to agree with. And it is as follows, in order from best to least-best:

1. Videlectrix
    2. Telltale
    3. Bethesda
    4. Bioware
    5. SEGA
    6. Infocom
    7. Funcom
    8. Rare
    9. Harmonix
    10. Capcom

*laughs* If Videlectrix is the best video game company in the world, then I hereby resign as a video game player!
  • edited July 2008
    You have one day, Telltale! Or it will be... *shuddershudder* August... 2 months.. I'ma going crazy! No, I'm fine. But this better be a good game!
    i am not really here, since i pretend to ignore this thread....however, there is one thing i need to ask:
    is it really two months? i don't think so. the original release schedule said june 2008, so technically a release on the last day of that month (30th) would still be no delay. then is got postponed to july 2008, meaning a release today (31st of july), would actually be a one month and one day delay. releasing it tomorrow would only be one day more. you see, according to my logic, it isn't that bad...
  • edited July 2008
    Except for the fact that the Wii Shop Channel is only updated on Mondays, your logic is pretty spot on.
  • edited July 2008
    okay who read my life story and put it in tag form?!
  • edited July 2008
    IN. JULY. 2008.:rolleyes::D:mad::mad::mad::cool::confused::o;):)

Not anymore:(
  • edited July 2008
    dun DUN DUNNN!
  • edited July 2008
    AAYYYY:eek:
  • edited July 2008
    Ok guys, get back on topic here. This is the thread for RELEASE DATE RAMBLINGS. If you want to argue about gaming componies, go to the GENERAL RAMBLINGS section.
  • edited July 2008
    Thnikkaman wrote: »
    Ok guys, get back on topic here. This is the thread for RELEASE DATE RAMBLINGS. If you want to argue about gaming componies, go to the GENERAL RAMBLINGS section.

Fixed.
  • edited July 2008
    the game still hasn't come out though!!!strong bad
  • edited July 2008
    n00bs...
  • edited July 2008
    It.is.delayed.again.
  • edited July 2008
    It.is.delayed.again.

source? not the blogs....
  • edited July 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    source? not the blogs....

Here it is, my friend.
    Emily wrote: »
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the game is not coming out tomorrow. :(

What IGN said is true - we have submitted the game to Nintendo, and as soon as we get approval from them, it will be released quickly after that. We really are in the home stretch. :D We've been waiting to announce a release date until we have that approval, though, because until that happens, well, anything can happen! Getting games into WiiWare is a new process for us and we're learning as we go, so I'm sorry if any of you are disappointed that tomorrow is the last Monday in July and you won't have a Strong Bad game to play. On the plus side, we're closer now than we've ever been, and very soon we should be able to tell you exactly when it's coming out!

Also, I'd like to preemptively say that contrary to some comments I've seen people making here and there, Nintendo has NOT been sitting on the game for months. We were still working on getting some bugs fixed until fairly recently. So please don't assume that they're some evil empire that's been hoarding the game since June because they don't want you to have it. Everyone we're working with at Nintendo wants the game to come out just as badly as we (and you!) do.
  • edited July 2008
    Thats not a delay announcement, thats a "Sorry, but hey the good news is that we are done" announcement.
  • edited July 2008
    That... that doesn't really mean delayed.

I mean... A delay usually means that the game is still in development still, not that it needs approval from a Nintendo.

So... Yeah, sorta delayed, but also... not really.
  • edited July 2008
    It comes out when Nintendo is done, and then it's on (or waits for the next update of) WiiWare.That will be in 1-3 weeks, so it will be augaust, because PC and WiiWare will release at the same time.Ishould of mentioned that...-_-
  • edited July 2008
    i hope it releases for PC if it doesn't release for Wiiware first
  • edited July 2008
    splash1 wrote: »
    i hope it releases for PC if it doesn't release for Wiiware first

I dunno if ya missed the memo or if you are bein sarcastic..... but they are simultaneous release no matter what.
  • edited July 2008
    yes i was being sarcastic
  • edited July 2008
    But now it's not coming out until august! It BETTEr come out August 3rd or i'll blow my brains out!:mad:
  • edited July 2008
    Second time someone says a game better come out or they'll kill themselves, this one practically has already done it!So dude,n just don't do it.Just look around for other forms of entertainment.May I suggest Newgrounds Audio portal?Entertains me for days, and I've only skimmed the Video Games genre.
  • edited July 2008
    But now it's not coming out until august! It BETTEr come out August 3rd or i'll blow my brains out!:mad:

Can't come out on the third, but it could come out on the fourth!;)
  • edited July 2008
    :confused: I wonder what it'll be... I think on the 4th or the 11th. What do you guys think?
  • edited July 2008
    :confused: I wonder what it'll be... I think on the 4th or the 11th. What do you guys think?

I think you are in the wrong thread, please close this and reask in the appropriate thread.
  • edited July 2008
    Um.... I'm new here. How do I do that?
  • edited July 2008
    Well, the closing can only be done by admins, so you ask one to do this and while you wait you post in the right thread.
  • edited July 2008
    How did George vote twice?!?
  • edited July 2008
    In the create poll ection you can activate multi choice mode hat allows selecting 2 items or more.
  • edited July 2008
    ANOTHER...RELEASE...DATE...THREAD. WHAT...THE...HELL?!

JUST LEAVE IT BE! What would you people do if it wasn't coming out on WiiWare and we had no idea how to speculate (stupidly, I might add) when it'll come out?

JUST WAIT! WHEN IT'S DONE AND APPROVED, WE'LL BE PLAYING IT!
  • edited July 2008
    Tandy 400 wrote: »
    ANOTHER...RELEASE...DATE...THREAD. WHAT...THE...HELL?!

JUST LEAVE IT BE! What would you people do if it wasn't coming out on WiiWare and we had no idea how to speculate (stupidly, I might add) when it'll come out?

JUST WAIT! WHEN IT'S DONE AND APPROVED, WE'LL BE PLAYING IT!

It's already been merged with the main one, you can relax.
This discussion has been closed.