Episode 404 Waiting Thread - Out Now

Comments

• it already is

MrGraffio posted: »

this thread gun be sad

• Anyone think there's going to be an explosion in this episode? There was the grenade at the train station in episode 1, Mitch's bomb in 2, and Willy's in 3.

• And Clementeen's spores floated across the galaxy.

Pyreflie posted: »

Anyone think there's going to be an explosion in this episode? There was the grenade at the train station in episode 1, Mitch's bomb in 2, and Willy's in 3.

• Depending on when we start Episode 4, it'll probably just be the continuation/aftermath of Willy's bomb from Episode 3.

Anyone think there's going to be an explosion in this episode? There was the grenade at the train station in episode 1, Mitch's bomb in 2, and Willy's in 3.

• Clem exploding the Mccarrol Ranch

• Chances are we’ll the the ranch flashback first thing and then it’ll dive back into the main story

Depending on when we start Episode 4, it'll probably just be the continuation/aftermath of Willy's bomb from Episode 3.

• That's what I was thinking too. We'll start with the flashback/dream because Clem will be knocked out.

RyanUlysse posted: »

Chances are we’ll the the ranch flashback first thing and then it’ll dive back into the main story

• Semi-repost from the meme thread.
    … shut up!

• Looks like Skybound is interested in making more games.

• edited January 2019

Skybound has expressed interest in making similar style games, and I know Kent Mudle and others, back when Telltale was still a thing, expressed interest in continue after Clementine. I certainly wouldn't mind having games in a similar fold to the Telltale versions, that's for sure. Skybound just has to take the right managerial and operational approaches to ensure that these games can be profitable, which a certain company failed to do when they were around.

Either way, this tweet gives me life.

iFoRias posted: »

https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1088587425486524416 Looks like Skybound is interested in making more games.

• Yeah, I’m 99% certain we’ll open E4 with the Ranch flashback, where Clem fought off the reanimated St. Clair family (or maybe not), then she’ll wake up to find out James or Lilly has taken AJ and go after them.

Similar to the final episode of S1 really, although hopefully Clem doesn’t get bitten like Lee did.

RyanUlysse posted: »

Chances are we’ll the the ranch flashback first thing and then it’ll dive back into the main story

• Nah, she'll just die.

Rankles75 posted: »

Yeah, I’m 99% certain we’ll open E4 with the Ranch flashback, where Clem fought off the reanimated St. Clair family (or maybe not), then she

https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1088587425486524416 Looks like Skybound is interested in making more games.

• Hey,maybe we can finally get that 400 days dlc sequel..who knows.

DabigRG posted: »

. . .

• That's not a bad theory. I never thought about James taking AJ, but if you choose to let AJ kill Lilly, then he'll probably think you're a failure of a care giver. I could see him trying to 'save' AJ from you. Interesting.

Rankles75 posted: »

Yeah, I’m 99% certain we’ll open E4 with the Ranch flashback, where Clem fought off the reanimated St. Clair family (or maybe not), then she

• Does anyone else feel like having AJ and Clem saying "I love you" a bunch to kinda weakens the relationship? It feels kinda artificial and it all happens against the players will so it makes it feel like the game is forcing you to "love AJ" instead of letting you choose to say it or not.

Im mostly pointing this out because if you didnt know, the season 1 team purposely decided for Lee or Clem to never say "I love you" because it was meant to be a more non-verbal thing, as well as making the player not to be able to say it made the relationship feel more natural as well as purposely done so players couldnt get absolute satisfaction at Lee's death to help drive it home.

Just kinda popped up in my head because its kinda been a nitpick with me for a while now seeing how well Clem and Lee's relationship was without them needing to verbally tell you so often about how strong a connection they have, and then the final season happens and theres just a lot of "I love you" going around which makes the relationship feel not as natural or real to me. Just my opinion.

• It only bothered me in episode 3,when they're playing with that ball or whatever,and then she just stops playing and suddenly hugs him and tells him she loves him,it was weird.

Poogers555 posted: »

Does anyone else feel like having AJ and Clem saying "I love you" a bunch to kinda weakens the relationship? It feels kinda artificial and i

• edited January 2019

Sorry, but I just don't buy this theory that Skybound is going to continue the Telltale formula.

People were not buying TWD after Season 2 as much as we thought they were, as well as the other TT games.

I think even TFS has lukewarm sales right now. Not sure if anyone's really buying the season passes. Even though it's the FINAL FINAL season I still see people going "I'll wait until it's all over to pick it up".

There's no financial incentive to make incredibly niche games that no one really wants to pay for at face value. There's an air of supposed popularity but it's not set in any reality.

Money talks, and that's what made TT fail in the end.

• Same, I dont see them continuing any Telltale Walking Dead games. I feel the main reason for why Final season is gonna fail is just the whole canceled but then brought back situation. Atleast theres actual ads for it though unlike when Telltale was in charge, I swear I would never see a single ad for their games.

Sorry, but I just don't buy this theory that Skybound is going to continue the Telltale formula. People were not buying TWD after Season

• edited January 2019

I don't want telltale games to end

• What? Why? You literally just have a conversation with him about your own demise and he clearly leaves that conversation bothered (and either mad at you or just conflicted), as is Clementine. Then you have that scene with Louis/Violet in which they are in their feelings about why you saved them, and how much Violet/Louis means to them. On top of that, if you chose your love interest then you have an emotional scene with them. So basically, Clem and AJ are in their feelings regardless of the choices you make in this scene.

Then of course AJ and Clem bond with the ball (as AJ and Clem are still conflicted with the prior conversation) and they spill out their emotions. I know as a kid if I was told I disappointed them or something I would try to find ways to come back to them. I loved the scene. Wish there was more of it, and I wish AJ would ask about his damn parents as a way to further bond with him.

It only bothered me in episode 3,when they're playing with that ball or whatever,and then she just stops playing and suddenly hugs him and tells him she loves him,it was weird.

• edited January 2019

Then of course AJ and Clem bond with the ball (as AJ and Clem are still conflicted with the prior conversation) and they spill out their emotions

Well that's the part i didn't like,you finish playing with the ball and then there's that awkward transition of Clem hugging AJ saying "i love you AJ" and it just feels forced.

But the other times i never had a problem with that.

gta3demon posted: »

What? Why? You literally just have a conversation with him about your own demise and he clearly leaves that conversation bothered (and eithe

• Skybound the company is not TellTale. Skybound has heaps and heaps of cash (As they own the entire TWD franchise) of the which TTG never saw even with the success of TWD S1. Now, how much of the money is poured into Skybound Games? Who knows, it was literally just founded in 2018 and was supposed to focus on indie style games. But they have absolutely zero interest in bowing out of the video game industry, as TWD is on TV, Comics, and basically every other form of media, including video games.

Will their new game be under a TTG "choices matter" formula? Who knows. I hope so. But Walking Dead games aren't going anywhere. Skybound as a company is major successful, the only question being how much they're committed to the Skybound Games portion of the company.

Sorry, but I just don't buy this theory that Skybound is going to continue the Telltale formula. People were not buying TWD after Season

• I just disagree with it being forced. Unless you mean playing with the ball was too short lived? Idk, seems kind of nit-picky, and if that scene went on too long people would have been annoyed with just throwing a ball back and forth with him. I don't think its uncommon or weird for a young kid to seek affection after playing with his "mother."

Then of course AJ and Clem bond with the ball (as AJ and Clem are still conflicted with the prior conversation) and they spill out their emo

• don't for get skybound own the walking dead franchise including TV comics and games and merchandise and they leased telltale to make games for them when telltale went bust skybound re-brought the lease to continue the final season and skybound games is a division of skybound comics

• Yeah that was really fast. They just tossed the ball around for 10 seconds and then they hugged, almost like 'welp I'm bored now, but let me remind you that throwing a beach ball is a really heartwarming thing so let's hug'

It only bothered me in episode 3,when they're playing with that ball or whatever,and then she just stops playing and suddenly hugs him and tells him she loves him,it was weird.

• I agree. Also while this isn't related I would like to add that I liked how the season 1 team decided to make Clem not talk much. From what I'm reading here it says that Derek Sakai told the writers to make her talk less and that players would automatically have this feeling that she was clever. Honestly, I prefer it now but the circumstances are different, AJ seems more realistic but I still liked how Clem was handled in S1.

Does anyone else feel like having AJ and Clem saying "I love you" a bunch to kinda weakens the relationship? It feels kinda artificial and i

• T H I S ^^^^

What? Why? You literally just have a conversation with him about your own demise and he clearly leaves that conversation bothered (and eithe

• Not at all! Maybe it's just because I'm a mom myself, but I say I love you to my kids all the time. Clem and Lee are way different than Clem and AJ. If a strange man just started saying I love you to some kid he just met during the apocalypse, it'd be super creepy. Clem is basically AJ's mom though and that's just what mom's do.

• She probably get's it from her mom o:)

Not at all! Maybe it's just because I'm a mom myself, but I say I love you to my kids all the time. Clem and Lee are way different than Clem

• Would you have rather had a 30-45 second ball sequence mashing X or whatever button the system you play on to catch and throw? If its that annoying then just pretend they played longer. I really don't see an issue here.

Ghetsis posted: »

Yeah that was really fast. They just tossed the ball around for 10 seconds and then they hugged, almost like 'welp I'm bored now, but let me remind you that throwing a beach ball is a really heartwarming thing so let's hug'

• edited January 2019

I get what you mean, but I think the writers are kinda forced to do it since AJ has been wasted for all of S3.

But you could also say that Clem & AJ's relationship is much more mother/son-esque than Lee & Clem's father/daughter relationship was in S1, since Clem was there when AJ was born and took care of him for the majority of time since then. It's just that ANF sidelined that relationship into complete irrelevance.

• I want this episode to be twice as long. There's so much shit I want to be able to do.

• So is anyone curious about what the deal of the story gen/recap having the whole "Fight for AJ or let him be taken choice" from ANF being an "important" check mark? Seems like a really weird choice and we haven't seen anything of it yet.

(also if it leads to nothing rip the excuse of they didnt put the Wellington ending because the slides were too expensive to do one more outcome when the spit in david choice ends up being pointless)

• Because it's tangentally important to defining their bond?

So is anyone curious about what the deal of the story gen/recap having the whole "Fight for AJ or let him be taken choice" from ANF being an

• If there was a flashback for the ranch, perhaps that choice would play an impact.

So is anyone curious about what the deal of the story gen/recap having the whole "Fight for AJ or let him be taken choice" from ANF being an

• Was thinking that but I cant really think about how that scene is going to have any type of affect on the ranch reveal.

If there was a flashback for the ranch, perhaps that choice would play an impact.

• Could have just been something put in there to pretend like ANF mattered.

• Hopefully this isnt the case considering they said the Wellington ending isnt in the story gen because of budget reasons if they made an entire sections there for no reason.

Could have just been something put in there to pretend like ANF mattered.

• The last waiting thread... it’s been good my dudes...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.