UPDATE 4.4 "Fate Of Fire" Text Adventure. EPISODE 1 IS 50% DONE!

edited July 2015 in Game Of Thrones

My ongoing "The Walking Dead" series: http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/79096/update-2-the-walking-dead-text-adventure-episode-2-out-now .

All David Sivak Productions:

"The Walking Dead" Episode 1: Into The Woods: 4.5/5 Stars

"The Walking Dead" Episode 2: On The Horizon: 4.5/5 Stars

"Fate Of Fire" Episode 1: Courage Without Honor DEMO: 4.8/5 Stars (BEST rated RPG on the site!)

You can check out NukemDukem's Walkthrough of the demo here:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-WlYVLx1ku8

Alt text

PROGRESS: Finally finished typing Chapter 5. Remastered everything written to date. Starting Chapter 6 hopefully this Wednesday.

UPDATE: Hey all! Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm looking for visual artists of any kind! I'm looking for somebody who can draw characters, scenery or really anything at all! Obviously, I can't really pay anything for your work, but I would be highly grateful and I would most definitely give credit to the artist. I would give either the description of a character or a scene, and I would love to see what you could come up with! If you or anyone you know may have an interest, please let me know!

I have decided that the title for Book 1 will be "Tinder". If there were five books in total, the following would be their names

Book 1: Tinder

Book 2: Coals

Book 3: Smoke

Book 4: Flames

Book 5: Inferno

I guess I should explain the whole "Book 1 - Part 1" situation. Book 1 will contain 4 parts (which were previously titled "episodes"). These four parts will all be back to back "episodes" of sorts that will all follow one plot within the overarching plot. I only have Book 1 fully planned for now, but it is likely that Book 2 will focus more on some other houses (but will still include the Ostels). Book 1 will be called "Tinder". You can check out the titles of each part now.

Part 1: Courage Without Honor

Part 2: A Future Without Glory

Part 3: A Dream Of Death

Part 4: Sins Of The Father

I have released a demo of Episode 1. It's the complete Chapter 1 from Episode 1 (there will be 10 in total, all varying in length). If you could leave some feedback in the thread, or leave a review on the website (that is preferred, as it gives it more attention).

Check it out here: http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/poxqvcgt8kyu4jxxjkspja/fate-of-fire-episode-1-courage-without-honor-demo

In Episode 1, I can say that there are 10 chapters in total (2 for each playable character) that will vary in size and importance.

I will try to post more information and teases as much as I can in the following weeks, and I will try to keep as up to date as I can.

Tomas Ostel: King of the Ostel family. A well-spoken man, who cares for him family, as well as his people and others within the land of Hephus. He lives in the wealthy but not-so-innocent kingdom of Grijam. Fair in combat, but has a mind for strategy. He makes decisions based on what he thinks is right for him, his family, and the other houses and inhabitants of Hephus.

Martha Ostel: Lady of the Ostel family. Wants what is best for her family, and will go the distance to try to make it a reality. Though she seems quiet and nervous at first glance, Martha is very clever, and is quite the expert at spying and listening to what others may not want her to hear. She is not only the kings lover, but also a formidable ally, as her skills of acquiring intelligence is quite unlike many of the other queens in the land of Hephus.

Peter Ostel: The first son of Tomas and Martha Ostel. The warrior of the family, frequently sent on important missions by his father. Is similar to Tomas in looks, personality and in combat. Though his father expects him to take the role of king without a second thought, Peter is not sure if he is prepared or has what it takes to take on such a task.

Arthur Ostel: The second son of Tomas and Martha Ostel. The most complex of the family. Not like his father, but what he lacks in physical strength is made up wit his interest and knowledge of politics. His superior intellect makes him a worthy opponent. Being the twin brother of Peter, he has trouble deciding whether he should use Peter's lack of interest as king as an advantage, or to let him grow up and become who he was made to be.

Catherine Ostel: Only daughter of Tomas and Martha Ostel. Martha is protective of her daughter's innocence in an unforgiving world in dark times, but Catherine is inspired by her father and her brothers, and wishes to be like them. She is Arthur's best friend, and he is hers, though not always understanding each other.

Why hello there! You may know me from my "The Walking Dead" and now cancelled "Borderlands: Gun For Hire" series. Now, I know what you (and more probable, the moderators) are thinking what this has to do with Game Of Thrones. Well, I'm glad you asked! "Fate Of Fire" does not take place in Westeros, but it is heavily inspired by said universe. It will involve several royal families and conflicts and shenanigans ensue.

There is also no set release date as of right now, but the typing of Episode has just started.

The story will change between perspectives of multiple characters, and similar to Telltale's series, one choice from even the smallest character can cause conflict and might mean somebody's life.

The episodes will also be quite long, possibly being about the same time as an actual episode of the television series. And each episode will be filled with story and character development, along with plenty of meaningful choices.

That's all the information that I'll share for now, make sure to like and follow for updates and upcoming episodes!

And, as always, feel free to ask questions in the comments, I'll make sure to answer all of them!

Comments

• Interesting

• Thanks for the early feedback (no matter how little amount XD)! I'll be sure to update with some more information once all this planning is finished. Do you mind if I ask you if there's any questions or details that you might have/want? I just love communicating with the community. ;)

Crips posted: »

Interesting

• So far, I don't, really. You explained everything pretty good.

Just waiting for the first episode release :D

SivD1 posted: »

Thanks for the early feedback (no matter how little amount XD)! I'll be sure to update with some more information once all this planning is

• Alrighty, I'll make sure to post some new info soon ;)

Thanks for the reply! -David

So far, I don't, really. You explained everything pretty good. Just waiting for the first episode release

• Cool , it will be amazing.

I am still for TWD of yours though :P

• Why thank you, glad to hear that my The Walking Dead fans are interested in my other work as well! No worries, however, I haven't abandoned The Walking Dead, I will return to it sometime in 2015.

supersagig posted: »

Cool , it will be amazing. I am still for TWD of yours though :P

• How does some more info later today sound?

• NEW TITLE RELEASED!

Episode 4: Sins Of The Father

• UPDATE: To keep in touch with those interested in this series, for the next five days, I will post the name and description of one playable character from Episode 1 each day.

Tomas Ostel: King of the Ostel family. A well-spoken man, who cares for him family, as well as his people and others within the land of Hephus. He lives in the wealthy but not-so-innocent kingdom of Grijam. Fair in combat, but has a mind for strategy. He makes decisions based on what he thinks is right for him, his family, and the other houses and inhabitants of Hephus.

• Hmm...That Tom fella is interesting ;)

UPDATE: To keep in touch with those interested in this series, for the next five days, I will post the name and description of one playable

• edited December 2014

Martha Ostel: Lady of the Ostel family. Wants what is best for her family, and will go the distance to try to make it a reality. Though she seems quiet and nervous at first glance, Martha is very clever, and is quite the expert at spying and listening to what others may not want her to hear. She is not only the kings lover, but also a formidable ally, as her skills of acquiring intelligence is quite unlike many of the other queens in the land of Hephus.

• Oh my god, this made my day. Thank you sooo much for posting this XD

• Sounds good. I'll keep in touch with this.

P.S. The first two characters sound remarkably like Lord and Lady Forrester. Maybe make the eldest child a girl?

• edited December 2014

I noticed during my planning that the Ostel family are very similar to the Starks/Forrester's. There are only three members left to reveal, and as much as making the eldest child a girl would be an original choice, I am sorry to say that it I am just too far into development to change what I have. Without spoiling much, the three remaining characters are all the children of Tomas and Martha. Two sons, one daughter. And yes, the daughter is the youngest. So once again, thank you for the idea and early feedback. I hope you'll stay up to date with me within the following weeks (new character reveal tonight!).

Sounds good. I'll keep in touch with this. P.S. The first two characters sound remarkably like Lord and Lady Forrester. Maybe make the eldest child a girl?

• To be honest, I actually haven't picked up Telltale's Game Of Thrones or Borderlands just yet, I'm waiting for the steam Christmas sale.

Sounds good. I'll keep in touch with this. P.S. The first two characters sound remarkably like Lord and Lady Forrester. Maybe make the eldest child a girl?

• Those games are amazing, I can tell you that :P

To be honest, I actually haven't picked up Telltale's Game Of Thrones or Borderlands just yet, I'm waiting for the steam Christmas sale.

• I get it :P It's hard to be unique in medieval stories now. But it doesn't matter as long as the story will be good.

I noticed during my planning that the Ostel family are very similar to the Starks/Forrester's. There are only three members left to reveal,

• UPDATE: Sorry for not posting anything last night, my internet was down. I can safely say that my planning for episode 4 is done and the typing of Episode 1 will now commence. I will also post 2 character descriptions tonight, to make up for the lack of one yesterday.

• Peter Ostel: The first son of Tomas Ostel. The warrior of the family, frequently sent on important missions by his father. Is similar to Tomas in looks, personality and in combat. Though his father expects him to take the role of king without a second thought, Peter is not sure if he is prepared or has what it takes to take on such a task.

Arthur Ostel: The second son of Tomas Ostel. The most complex of the family. Not like his father, but what he lacks in physical strength is made up wit his interest and knowledge of politics. His superior intellect makes him a worthy opponent. Being the twin brother of Peter, he has trouble deciding whether he should use Peter's lack of interest as king as an advantage, or to let him grow up and become who he was made to be.

• Catherine Ostel: Only daughter of Tomas and Martha Ostel. Martha is protective of her daughter's innocence in an unforgiving world in dark times, but Catherine is inspired by her father and her brothers, and wishes to be like them. She is Arthur's best friend, and he is hers, though not always understanding each other.

• edited December 2014

If I might ask, are you using Inklewriter and publishing it to Textadventure from there? Or just the creator/editor provided by Textadventures?

Not sure how textadventures work, but if it doesn't have a story flowchart, it might be ideal looking into Inkle at a later date. You can then either share the Inkle link or publish it to the site you currently use, I think. Just figured it'd be easier for you really when it comes to planning, plus you can use variables and switches. I just like the interface and system too, as it's very user friendly and it's easy to connect paragraphs together. (Tells you how many links lead to specific paragraphs)

I'm not sure how your episodic structure would work though. You'd probably need to make a few random choices, close the Inkle page down and then reopen it to see if it saves your progress when playing through if you decide to give it a look.

Anyhow, keep up the good work! Always nice to see people writing.

• Hello! I am using textadventures.uk for this series (it's a game book, not an actual text adventure)I have already made two games on the website, and I have good knowledge of how it works. Once it is published, I will post a link to it on the forum. I have not used Inklewriter to complete a storybefore ( pthough I did try it out just to see how it worked, and it seemed quite nice) but I have played some stories on it. Anyways, I hope I answered all your questions, and thank you for commenting!

Rob_K posted: »

If I might ask, are you using Inklewriter and publishing it to Textadventure from there? Or just the creator/editor provided by Textadventur

• You did, thanks. I just thought I'd suggest Inkle as I find the story map feature helpful for planning and seeing what threads you need to connect.

Hello! I am using textadventures.uk for this series (it's a game book, not an actual text adventure)I have already made two games on the web

• rom your deal. When it comes to reaction measure effectively Rum keeps you busy in a earth where you can speedily licence the moment but also experiment your biNeuroflexyn ll diversion skills to the extent.You power settle to train a separate and try something that is completely new and unequalled. In much a someone, Rum would be your name one prize for card games. It gift not only track you finished a serial of intriguing challenges, but it is also going to consent you to like the chockful gaming experience that is construct of such an reflection.The man has currently invented soNeuroflexyn many games which can also now be played on your machine. But what makes Meld many unequalled is that it is a spirited that allows you like any fun with but with whatsoever sharpen required from your deal. When it comes to movement time effectively
    http://www.strongmenmuscle.com/neuroflexyn-brain-booster/

Peter Ostel: The first son of Tomas Ostel. The warrior of the family, frequently sent on important missions by his father. Is similar to Tom

• Moderator? XD

rom your deal. When it comes to reaction measure effectively Rum keeps you busy in a earth where you can speedily licence the moment but als

• edited December 2014

That sounds really awesome. I played your Walking Dead game and loved it. I love making choices in games. Is it already confirmed who our PC is or will you make more PC's too cause its Game of Thrones? ^^

• Well these are the playable characters for Episode 1. There will be different PC's for each episode (though PC's from previous episodes will be in later episodes as well), I actually believe Episode 4 has 7 PC's, so that goes to show how hard this series will be to make XD

WalkerHH93 posted: »

That sounds really awesome. I played your Walking Dead game and loved it. I love making choices in games. Is it already confirmed who our PC is or will you make more PC's too cause its Game of Thrones? ^^

• Updates are coming.

Can't wait to play it, yet I know it is harder to make an adventure game than a fanfic :P

• Already looking for new info? XD

Updates are coming. Can't wait to play it, yet I know it is harder to make an adventure game than a fanfic :P

• edited December 2014

Would anybody know how to upload a screenshot onto the forum? Or a photo from my documents?

• edited December 2014

I have decided to post the very beginning of the story, along with the responses. If you could leave some feedback, that would be highly appreciated.

Peter

Peter Ostel rode on horseback. The cool winds of fall pushed against him, and ruffled his light beard. He rode across the Lightdeer Plains, moving to Watermont Hill. The skies shone a dark grey that afternoon, as they usually did, and the long grass swayed to and forth.

Peter took after his father: Tomas Ostel. The two shared their long dark hair, along with their short beards. They had eyes of coal black, and short noses that did not hang far from their faces. Their skin was of a pale grey, not unlike the grey of the steel from their swords, but also had a hint of snow white.

Tomas had often sent his first born son on missions of importance, and today was of no exception. Peter was to be sent to meet Christopher Ratclif, the first son of Arnald Ratclif. Just a few days before, Arnald had sent the Ostel's a message by courier, complaining that the farmers loyal to the house Ostel were moving close to Riegan (seat of the house Ratclif), and they insisted that they slow.

The Ostel's were not fond of the Ratclif's, and Tomas informed Peter that he must deny the terms of Christopher, and explain that since Grijam (the seat of the house Ostel) is a larger kingdom, they need more food and resources.

Peter had been riding for a couple hours at this point, but had just approached the large hill with the name of Watermont. Christopher and a small party had already arrived, and seemed to have been waiting quite a while already. As his horse trotted up the hill, Peter could see the impatience and annoyance from Christopher and his party. He called to Peter, "an hour had passed, and we hadn't any sight of you until now".

"My highest apologies."

"I arrived as quickly as my steed would take me."

"If you were a greater house, it would have been a higher priority."

• edited December 2014

You could only blame my steed. :P

It´s Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have decided to post the very beginning of the story, along with the responses. If you could leave some feedback, that would be highly app

• edited December 2014

I edited the choices there a bit, what would it be now? ;)

Thank you for that, by the way!

You could only blame my steed. :P It´s Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• "If you were a greater house, it would have been a higher priority." XD

I edited the choices there a bit, what would it be now? Thank you for that, by the way!

• Can't have a fun text adventure without the choice of being a dick! XD

"If you were a greater house, it would have been a higher priority." XD

• Well, first you need to upload the image on some image sharing site (for example imgur). Then copy the direct link of the image and click on the image button.

Alt text

New window pops up, there you paste the direct link, click on OK and it's done.

Would anybody know how to upload a screenshot onto the forum? Or a photo from my documents?

• Thank you for the info. However, I was told about the program called imgur, and I will be using that instead.

Pipas posted: »

Well, first you need to upload the image on some image sharing site (for example imgur). Then copy the direct link of the image and click on the image button. New window pops up, there you paste the direct link, click on OK and it's done.

• edited December 2014

Wow! Over 1K views in under a week! I have to say, that's fantastic, guys! Thank you for you continuing support! In return, take this wonderful hug!

Alt text

• edited December 2014

By the way, any "True Detective" fans out there? ;)

Wow! Over 1K views in under a week! I have to say, that's fantastic, guys! Thank you for you continuing support! In return, take this wonderful hug!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.