Ep 5 Waiting Thread; Out May 30th, PS4 EU 31st; FYI: Beware of early spoilers in other TWD threads!

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited May 2017 in The Walking Dead

Please remember to NOT post any gameplay videos or spoilers in this thread, doing so may result in your account getting a timeout.

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Warning: The "recommended" videos at the end of this trailer may contain spoiler thumbnails for episode 5, please watch with caution or pause the video before the end.

Release Date

• PC - May 30th
  • Xbox One - May 30th
  • PS4 Eu - May 31st
  • PS4 NA - May 30th
  • iOS - May 30th
  • Android - May 30th

News

May 18th

May 15th

• Rated by PEGI

May 10th

May 1st

April 27th

April 11th:

• Episode 5 Activity in Steam Database

March 31st:

Visit the Whatever's On Your Mind Megathread for off topic chat!

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community! While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community?

Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay, but please do not discuss story spoilers (or share videos) relevant to this particular episode inside its own Waiting Thread - Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions where people can follow news updates and see if an episode is out yet.

Remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• Oh hell yeah, after episode 4 I am stoked for episode 5. Please be good!

• Episode 4 was good, hopefully Episode 5 will be too (and I hated 1-3). Clem, flashbacks, choices, etc - all perfect.

• edited April 2017

Episode 4 [REDACTED] It was Great! I just hope that since there are fewer of our group now, Telltale doesn't go and kill off the remaining ones and save Javi and/or Clem to be the only ones left. We NEED survivors to this season, please!

• I just finished episode 4... I'm freaking out. And I'm a little bit scared too. The last episode is coming... Man, I'm not ready at all!!!

• Man it's really like seeing Rick, Lori and Shane with David, Kate and Javier except this time we are seeing it from Shane's view aka Javier

• Oh, this'll be great! I'm so excited!

• I can't wait! So stoked after this episode, I loved it! Though I don't want it to end and hope Clem will be fine!

• edited April 2017

I'm excited

EDIT to get rid of my spoilers

• Ohhh I'm so excited for this!!

Episode 4 of ANF is definitely one of my favorite Telltale episodes of all time. I loved it. Hopefully they can keep up with the choices mattering thing because that was amazing!
    Even if episode 5 turns out bad, I'll still love ANF because of episode 3 and 4.

• I wonder if Conrad can survive the whole season. I made another save file for keeping him alive

• edited April 2017

Also, I think Telltale has finally learned how to make a good episode that is true to their formula.

• We have many determinant characters in this episode. [One of them can live from EP1-5, baby! too bad he was already dead for me, RIP Conrad EP1-3] Anyways, there's about 9 in total can either be alive or dead in this episode. (Rufus, Max, Lonnie, Ava, Tripp, Conrad, Joan, Clint, Lingard)
    • The bigger choices near the end were the most difficult I have faced in a Telltale game so far.
    • A choice that was a full bait-and-switch. Choice A is B. Choice B is A (Fun Fact: Earlier in the episode, I actually thought that that could be something Telltale would use in a future series. They haven't done anything like that before, so I figured maybe one day that'd be included. Turns out that was today. Wow.)
    • Much like EP3, they included some good alterations of dialogue based on past dialogue prompts (even from previous episodes, it wasn't contained dialogue like in Episode 3).
    • Finally, Season 1 and 2 data is being put to good use. (For use in the Kenny flashback, Jane flashback, and Clem choosing herself whether of not to kill Lingard)

Stray observations of the episode:

• The name "Muertos" has returned! YAY!
    • Flashback scene was good. I assume all episodes will start out like this, and it's good. Helps see more of who a character is when they aren't surviving through an apocalypse, blood all over them.
    • Am I the only one who was impressed by Javier's (or maybe I should say Jeff Schine's) Announcer voice? That thing was spot on. I need to hear more of it! "Steerike two!" "Oh! Garcia takes one for the team! That's GOTTA hurt!" ;)
    • I only just noticed that their lock-up room is the basement locker room of a school.
    • Gabe was ok. He was kind of getting on my nerves in the first half of the episode, especially when he thought he was in charge in the apartment later, but he ended up getting into shape after I talked him into following orders later. Don't know if he'll change that though. If you shot Conrad then he's on my kill list, but If you didn't (like I did) he was fine this episode.
    • Not sure yet if I support Gabentine. I feel like Clem might be a good influence on him, but I think that process would take a long while. And I don't want Gabe to drag her down, let alone anyone else in the group.
    • The walkers in the horde were terrible. You could clearly see the ones that looked the same, and the ones who were using the same animation at the exact same time. TTG walkers love their flash mobs.
    • Joan's animation when she says: "I can do anything I want!" where she shakes, and looks to the side a bit, looks very familiar. I feel like it's reused from somewhere, but I'm not sure. TWD Lily? TFTB Sasha? GoT Rodrick/Asher? Someone help me here.
    • The walkers at the end. Ew. Low, low res. I'm sure they'll look better in the beginning of the next episode, but here it's just attack of the Play-Doh.

Okay I take back what I said up top. This episode was great. Better than EP3. The first half was really slow and ehhh, but the content this episode provided was great.

• I'm so fucking pumped! Good on Telltale for turning this shitshow around! Can't wait to play episode 5!!

• The walkers at the end should look like Play-Doh though since they're all burned up and probably melting (ew)

AChicken posted: »

Also, I think Telltale has finally learned how to make a good episode that is true to their formula. * We have many determinant charact

• Right, but some just looked like they were burned up and melting, except that they were doing that in low quality textures. I want to see the burns on them, not just a blackened body. It didn't seem as detailed as the other walkers we've seen this season already, In my personal opinion.

The walkers at the end should look like Play-Doh though since they're all burned up and probably melting (ew)

• Spoilers? You can mention spoilers here. Those who haven't finished EP4 and venture here is their responsibility for doing so. Totally fine man.

Kaito_Kars posted: »

I'm excited EDIT to get rid of my spoilers

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited April 2017

Spoilers from past episodes are entirely okay here! :)

Only spoilers for the current episode (in this case, Episode 5 Spoilers) are looked down upon here.

Basically, when Episode 5 releases, we ask that people not post Episode 5 Spoilers in its own Waiting Thread. Episode Spoilers for any previous episode are okay here.

I'm excited EDIT to get rid of my spoilers

• Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread - Doing so leaves you at risk of punishment. Episode Waiting Threads are meant to be spoiler free discussions, so please respect that. Discussion of spoilers from past episodes is okay.

According to the first post, it isn't unfortunately.

Spoilers? You can mention spoilers here. Those who haven't finished EP4 and venture here is their responsibility for doing so. Totally fine man.

• Oh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

Spoilers from past episodes are entirely okay here! Only spoilers for the current episode (in this case, Episode 5 Spoilers) are looked

• Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread.

That means Episode 5. Episode 4 and anything prior is fair game. Spoil away.
    And trust me, man. I've been doing this rodeo for a long while.... And hey, take the mod's word below me for it, too! He's the law 'round these parts. He knows what's up.

Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread - Doing so leaves you at risk

• No problem! I just updated the wording of it to be more clear, since others lately have also been asking.

Oh, I get it now. Thanks for the clarification.

• If Telltale make Clem 'Goodbye',I'm gonna say goodbye to Telltale...

• [removed]

• Yeah i figured, thanks.

Do not discuss story spoilers (or share Let's Plays/other videos) for this episode here in the Waiting Thread. That means Episode 5.

• What the fuck happened to Max though? Wasn't around for the whole episode.

• Am I the only one who was impressed by Javier's (or maybe I should say Jeff Schine's) Announcer voice? That thing was spot on. I need to hear more of it! "Steerike two!" "Oh! Garcia takes one for the team! That's GOTTA hurt!" ;)

Yeah, that was pretty great.

Joan's animation when she says: "I can do anything I want!" where she shakes, and looks to the side a bit, looks very familiar. I feel like it's reused from somewhere, but I'm not sure. TWD Lily? TFTB Sasha? GoT Rodrick/Asher? Someone help me here.

Yeah, she and Clint looked a bit out of place around that point.

Also, I think Telltale has finally learned how to make a good episode that is true to their formula. * We have many determinant charact

• Episode 4 has got me PUMPED for the finale. I'm sad theirs only one episode left :(

• Omg does anybody else think that the armed with death moment I really want to happen and am predicting would happen will happen at the start of episode 5 when the herd of walkers enters Richmond?

• edited April 2017

So can Conrad be dead again for me in this last episode?

• Wow, I didn't notice how much determinant characters there were.
    Wait, Clint and Lonnie can die? Does Clint die if you choose to go with the plan, and how can Lonnie die?

Yeah, I loved this episode. I actually liked the first half too, thought it was great.

• He wasn't in it at all (For me at least).

What the fuck happened to Max though? Wasn't around for the whole episode.

• Same. I just can't get over how great episode 4 was.

Suzy222 posted: »

Episode 4 has got me PUMPED for the finale. I'm sad theirs only one episode left

• Lonnie dies if episode 3 ended in a shootout, there's mentions of David killing Lonnie. David kills Clint if you accept his deal and Joan escapes.

Acheive250 posted: »

Wow, I didn't notice how much determinant characters there were. Wait, Clint and Lonnie can die? Does Clint die if you choose to go with th

• How can episode 3 end in a shootout? I've played the episode twice and made different decisions and it's never ended in a shootout.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Lonnie dies if episode 3 ended in a shootout, there's mentions of David killing Lonnie. David kills Clint if you accept his deal and Joan escapes.

• I think Kate is dead. It'd be lucky for her to survive the crash. But i think the car blowing up was the confirmation. Even though I want her to survive.

Also... Do you think Gabe is going to become Clem's next thing that keeps her going...? I just thought that after Ava said that line.

• If you kill Max then everything Joan did gets blamed on David. Lonnie makes out like he's about to confess but changes the Joan parts to David giving the orders. David gets really mad and pulls out his gun then the screen fades to black.

Acheive250 posted: »

How can episode 3 end in a shootout? I've played the episode twice and made different decisions and it's never ended in a shootout.

• Oohhhhh, awesome!! Thanks for that.

I haven't killed Max in either of my playthroughs.

AgentZ46 posted: »

If you kill Max then everything Joan did gets blamed on David. Lonnie makes out like he's about to confess but changes the Joan parts to David giving the orders. David gets really mad and pulls out his gun then the screen fades to black.

• I absolutely loved Episode 4 and I am excited for Episode 5!

• Episode 4 is the best one so far of this season. I cannot wait to kill backstabbing shitbird, Gabe. First time I want a kid to die. The only people I trust and want to survive so far are David and Clementine.

• Holy shit I'm so hyped for that episode 5 credits music.

They also hinted to us finding out Clem's last name and who her real father is so I'm looking forward to that too.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.